[Resolved] Intelius / federal trade commission
Most of the people who regret having given their credit card details to Intelius should prepare an event log of dates of contact with Intelius and the nature of the contact then use it to make formal complaints to the Federal Trade Commission here:
Federal Trade Commission
Make an online complaint here:
You may also wish to report this matter to the Better Business Bureau (BBB), a private, not-for-profit organization in the U.S. which assists with business/consumer complaints here:
Better Business Bureau at DuPont WA
Send an email with “BBB Intelius” in the subject header to:
Just give them an event log of the facts, order numbers, dates and amounts paid. No need to be abusive!
The more carefully-worded complaints that are made about Intelius, the sooner the authorities will take appropriate corrective action.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 22, 2009
If you select a promotional price on the Intelius website, you will also receive a free 7 day trial of Identity Protect. After the 7 day trial, it will convert to a regular subscription and bill out at $19.95 monthly.
However, there’s no obligation. If you determine within the 7 day trial that you no longer want Identity Protect, you can cancel your service anytime, online or over the phone with a customer support representative.
Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.
More Intelius Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Intelius - stop billing me 
- [Resolved] Intelius People Search - www.intelius.com - intelius - beware it's a rip-off! 
- [Resolved] Int*intelius Sb - I was charged and have no idea what that is 
- Ino*intelius.com / Sb - repeated unauthorized charges 
- [Resolved] Intelius - scam 
- Intelius - three different charges posting to my bank account
- Intelius - scam!!! they are stealing my money!!!
- Intelius - complaint 
- [Resolved] Intelius - kuttimani anbazhagan - wanted criminal by tamilnadu police - loc issued - gc holder - absconding and trying to get us citizenship
- Intelius - misleading advertising