500 108th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA, 98004, US
Thu:5:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri:5:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat:6:00 am - 4:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

background check to work for intelius.com

Between May 1st and May 5th of 2013, I applied for employment at LIFE ALERT in Tampa Florida located at 1211...

Resolved refusal to delete my credit card and name information

On this website you register enter your information and then when you go and try to get the information for...

Resolved cannot delete account

Intelius charged my credit card without my authorization through a company namec ValueMax. Fortunately...

Resolved free trial scam for identity protect

I got taken for $339.15 because I didnt' get the monthly receipts via email and I use their services for...

Resolved failing to use public records

Intelius provides the ability to find people based on "public records, " so it claims. However, when I wrote...

Resolved contact the better business bureau

Please log a complaint with the Western Washington Better Business Bureau: To complain to the Better...

Resolved unauthorized charges pmindentity.com $19.95

After paying for their search service, you will start to see a $19.95 charge each month from pmidentity.com...

Resolved no refund

I purchased an online phone report from Intelius on 6/20/08 for a price of $4.96. When I received my receipt...

Resolved unauthorized charges

This company has been making unauthorized charges on my credit card. They harged my account numerous times, in Jan, April and June 2008 for a subscription service I did not order or authorize. Total loss $66.00. Intelius does not have customer service personel to respond to my omplaints, so I disputed the charges with my credit card company.
You may call Customer Service at [protected]
(Monday-Friday 6:30am - 4:30pm PST)

This company is a fraud and they are scamming the general public of most likely millions of dollars. Where is the US Attorney General? Shut down this company! File a class action lawsuit against INTELIUS.COM !!!

RESOLVED

• Intelius's response ยท Jul 08, 2010

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 5am – 8pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

Joe Sanchez Apr 11, 2008

We found two charges from this company on our charge card in March 2008 that we did not authorize. Apparently there is something with this company going on that when the charges were put on, our credit card company put on a fraud alert and have temporarily shut down our card. So beware. This is supposed to be some kind of people information service, does background checks, etc. But I wouldn't use them.

Matt Sep 26, 2008

I agree. I had the exact same experience with Intelius. I did one $3.00 transaction and then they started charging me $29.95 per month after that on my credit card without my authorization. After calling in & waiting on hold for a long time I was finally told that I had to say "no" to that service within 6 days after purchasing my $3.00 transaction or else the charges started automatically. What a crock. This is a total scam, they should be sued... any lawyers out there for a class action?

• Ab
    Abigail Oct 02, 2008

I work at a law firm that specializes in consumer class actions and we are investigating Intelius. I'd like to hear from others who have had these same experiences with Intelius. Please email me, [email protected]

Thanks,
    Abigail

• Br
    brad Oct 16, 2008

Intelious is a big rip off. They charge for services you do not order. When you go to get the charges back they say it's not them. this is not true. they transfer you to a affiliate site where they make money on the bogus charges. This is a fraud company.

• Ti
    Tim Oct 17, 2008

Agreed. They won't answer the phone and the web site won't allow you to un-subscribe. I called my credit card company and asked them to dispute the charge. I will do this as long as I have to. I am going to report this to our state attorney general.

Lili Griffin Feb 27, 2009

They took $160 dollars from me for no services. I want to join a class action lawsuit?

Lili Griffin Feb 27, 2009

They stole $160 for no services.

anticommercial Mar 06, 2009

I too have multiple Intelius charges I did not authorize, even after I canceled my subscription. Total loss: $180.50 over a period of less than three months.

• Vi
    vihar dave Jul 21, 2009

i am in the same mess i have lost $19.99 so far... i dont know what to do... i had only one purchase of $0.99 and now they charged me for $19.99. Can some one help me or tell me what should i do? plz thx.

• Ge
    generalnotsew Aug 03, 2009

If someone will start the class action lawsuit then I am sure many people will get on board. They also give your account information to another company and they charge your account anywhere from $19.95 up to $45.00. This is about as illegal as it gets. They should all end up in prison.

• Mo
    mom2beinmo Dec 02, 2009

Intelius.com has been charging my account 19.95 for the past 4 months when I never authorized them to charge anything. I have never even heard of intelius.com until I recently went thru my bank statement. Their supervisor refused to credit back the 4 months of charges even though they could clearly see that I had never accessed such an account. They're ripping customers off and taking our money without us even knowing about it. They've offered to credit back a month of the service, even though they've already taken $80 bucks from me without authorization. GRRRR!!! How do companies with unjust practices stay in business? Boycott Intelius.com and watch your bank statements for fraudulent charges near you!

Lisa Jean Dec 14, 2009

I did enroll in on service with this company and cancelled right after the information I wanted was found. They activated my account without my permission and have taken two more charges from my bank acccount. I don't know what to do. I hate to close the account, but if they do not credit back these latest two bogus charges I am going to do just that and report them to the Better Business Bureau. Their business practices are dishonest and misleading.

• Ne
    newConcerns Jan 17, 2010

This company is sharing your personal data with the world. They need to be stopped.

• Na
    nakedtruth Jun 08, 2010

It's hard to believe these people are still getting away with sharing your personal information with the whole world. Especially with identity theft so rampant. The fact that they still exist makes me wonder if they're not in league with the government.
    Please Napolitano, SHUT THEM DOWN!!!

• Mi
    Michael1950 Jun 08, 2010

can't contact Intelius to cancel membership. I have tried so many times. Can you help?

• Bc
    BC5 Jul 15, 2010

I ordered one search and thought I was being billed $5.95. The search I did pay for was not helpful at all and I ended up locating the information I needed on my own using some local phone books/records. About a week later I noticed two charges on my bank statement for $19.95.

I called the customer service number and they indicated that one $19.95 charge was a package deal that allowed me to conduct 25 more searches and the other $19.95 charge was for an identity protection service. I did not realize I had signed up for either service and the customer service rep did indicate that they would drop my service and reimburse me these amounts. Although I was thankful that they responded and agreed to take care of this ASAP, I believe that their intent is to hope that you won't notice these additional fees and unknowingly sign-up for these package "deals".

• Bl
    bluezeus1 Jul 29, 2010

I just noticed this on my statement! I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Let me know when the suit starts!

• Ke
    Keith Lindstrom Jul 29, 2010

They have billed me twice.

• StevenArmstrong Jan 09, 2011

It's January 2011 and this company is STILL doing this!! I just canceled my credit card with Chase because of these people! I used them for a people search ONCE last year and apparently they've been charging me $19.95 a month Plus $.99 to see if my credit card was active. Thankfully this was caught within a month of them starting it!

Resolved unauthorized charges & incomplete, inaccurate information!

Peoplelookup.com aka intelius & pmidentity.com. beware of these companies! the first order with...

Resolved unauthorized charges!

These # suckers allowed another company, www.privacymattersidentity.com, to use my credit card number to...