Insurance claim check / NO Customer Service

1 GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 404-406-6954

Our house burned. Gmac is holding the check. When we have
called to see what the hold up is my husband get one story and I get another. When we ask questions we are told they don't have answers. When I asked to be transfered to someone with answers I get a non working number and am cut off. I WANT A HOUSE.
GMAC has no customer complaint department (surprise) I was told by the person in "customer care that she "could not disclose her location" What is this?????

Comments

• Ly
      20th of Feb, 2008

I have the same problem with them but my house was backed up with sewer water. That was last April and I am still living on concrete. They have the money in a non interest bearing escrow account but the last word I got from them is all work will have to be done by a licensed general contractor. I have already replaced most of the drywall myself and the carpet retailers in Florida are not licensed contractors. I asked for an e-mail address or an extension number but was told they don't have them. I asked for a supervisor and none were available. He said he could transfer me to her voice mail. I asked him how can you do that if you don't have extension numbers. Without him saying another word, I guess the question was too tough; I was in voice mail leaving a message that went unanswered as usual. I would think there would be something we can do as consumers to stop this practice but I not sure what.