Assurance Solutionsinferior service

M

We purchased a toshiba satellite p105 s6114 laptop about 3 years ago with a 4 year extended warranty covered by assurance solutions. As far as I can remember the cord broke around one time per year, with an exception of the third year. The cord sparked the third time and I had it replaced, and it shocked three times after that, then I gave up. They said that they would not replace the computer because of only cord problems. After that, I experienced some software problems and they said that if I wanted that fixed I would have to pay for the discs to repair it. Assurance solutions has a long history of bad technical and customer support. I told them that the cord shocked me three times and they just said "I am very sorry about that sir but we still won't replace it." the following are some links to random stories on /link removed/

/url removed/

I feel that assurance solutions is just a terrible company and people need to know how terrible their service is. I've heard of them breaking peoples computers, refusing to repair them, and if you do a do a google search of "city assure complaints" which is one of the services that they provide, which has covered circuit city for over three years and still covered their warranty ever since they closed you get 4, 190, 000 complaints.

• Al
    Al K Sep 07, 2009

My repair has been denied due to a minor piece of plastic broken that is nowhere remotely NEAR any part of the motherboard. RadiosShack (since this is who i have to send the computer out with) denied the repair work due to this "physical damage", I am sorry to hear you are having trouble, suprisingly they've been very helpful with the matter.

Ask to speak to a supervisor or try to contact the manufacturer directly regarding the matter

Keep fighting.

• Fw
    fwsaunders88 Mar 26, 2012

I have had the exact same problem, I have sent back in my Toshiba four different times to receive the same broken computer back. They refuse to replace the computer, I just want it fixed! I bought from Circuit City before going out of business and the four year warranty transferred to Assurance Solutions. I call them and do not get any answers, no manager is ever around, and nothing ever gets done after requesting further assistance rather than just sending it in for a 5th time!