Assurant Solutions Logo

Assurant Solutions

Having problems with Assurant Solutions?

1800 550 2827 (Canada, Kingston, ON)
+1 800 852 2244 (Customer Service)
+1 305 253 2244 (Head Office)
+1 888 901 6377 (Life Claims)
+1 800 432 8612 (Renters Insurance Information)
+1 613 634 9984 (Canada, Kingston, ON)
+1 416 733 3360 (Canada, Toronto)
+49 696 657 580 (Germany)
+54 114 121 8666 (Argentina)
+1 787 250 6470 (Puerto Rico)
11222 Quail Roost Drive

Lyoner Strasse 15, Tower B, 7th Floor, D-60528 Franfurt am Main

Italy
Piazzale Luigi Cadorna, 4, 20123, Milan, Italy

Spain
Avenida de Europa, 19, Edif. 2, Pl. 2, Mod. C, 28224 Pozuelo de Alarcón (Madrid), Spain

China
Suite 2008, Building A, Ocean International Centre № 56, 4th East Ring (Middle) Road, Chaoyang, District, 100025, Beijing, China

Argentina
Ing. Enrique Butty 240 Piso 15, Capital Federal, Buenos Aires, Argentina, C1001AFB

Brazil
Alameda Rio Negro, 585, Edificio Demini - 3 andar, Alphaville, 06454-000 - Barueri, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Chile

Puerto Rico
350 Carlos Chardón Avenue, Suite 1101, San Juan, PR. 00918

Complaints & Reviews

IQ International Rent Collectharassment

We lived at selway apartments from [protected]. We moved out, left everything in order and moved into a new apartment ran by a new company. We not once heard from selway apartments, we left a forwarding address and our numbers have not changed in 10 years. Years later now 2014, I am checking mine and my husband's credit and come across a claim filed in 2012 by selway, indicating we owed money. Not once did we hear from selway or this collection agency. We spoke with selway who indicate the total being billed is incorrect and the manager at the time filed a wrong claim. Well now the collection agency is refusing to honor selway's mistake, still wanting to collect over $700 in damages that did not occur. They are refusing a settlement as well.

Assurant Solutionsrefusal to honor repair

This company brought the warranty obligations of american zurich insurance company, who had previously purchased the warranty business of general electric. The plan we have covers 5 appliances and we are charged on a continuing basis monthly with no increase in these payments and supposedly continuing coverage on appliances that are 12 years old. Sounds good right? Wrong!

Rather than fix a simple sink disposal unit, assurant solutions chose to use an escape clause in their agreement that enables them to pro-rate the warranted item (11 years old) rather than repair it! They offered us $26.. Take it or leave it. They simply said they could find anybody in our area to repair a sink disposal unit? That was an outrageous lie. We offered to give them the names of at least 5 companies within 10 miles of our home who repair sink disposals, but they refused to take the names. Instead, they told us we would have to buy a new disposal, remove the old one and install the new one at our expense. All they would give us is $26.00.

Assurant Healthsocial security numbers released

I signed up for Assurant Health Insurance and I finally got my information in the mail along with 2 other peoples personal information. I have there social security numbers, date of birth, address, phone numbers, signatures, doctors name and signature. I have all thre personal information and the original application they filled out for assurant health. Ive tried to contact Assurant health but there not open on the weekend. Ive called one of the guys and let him know i have his info and will be shredding it. The other guy has yet to answer his phone. Isn't there a law against releasing personal information this easily??? Was my information mailed out to random people in the US like there info was???

• Me
          mel25896321 May 02, 2010

I signed up for Assurant Health Insurance and I finally got my information in the mail along with 2 other peoples personal information. I have there social security numbers, date of birth, address, phone numbers, signatures, doctors name and signature. I have all thre personal information and the original application they filled out for assurant health. Ive tried to contact Assurant helth but there not open on the weekend. Ive called one of the guys and let him know i have his info and will be shredding it. The other guy has yet to answer his phone. Isn't there a law against releasing personal information this easily??? Was my information mailed out to random people in the US like there info was???

Assurant Solutions, Inc/acercomputer hardware

The company failed to honor my warranty, they pretended that I did not purchase a warranty and when I needed repairs they refused to repair my product. Then the put a phony claim that I need a battery (defective) but they no longer replace batteries. During the course over several months, I was haggled, rejected, had to pay for coverage out of pocket, with acer computers corporation. Acer never told me I needed a battery. The assurant solution staff was rude, and my computer is still broken. Now they claim my battery is defective and I have to replace it because it is a consumable item. The supervisor william (416531) very rude as well as daniel and other representatives (8/27/12, jim and al on 8/9/12, to be replaced. They should have replaced my computer because of the amount of repairs, due to the fact I had to have acer try and repair my product while they accepted the fact that I had a warranty. Their excuse for not acknowledging my warranty was because: they had my warranty under a secondary number and not my home (primary number).

Your desired resolution:
        I would like a replacement and my warranty restored, or all of my money back due to my time and convenience. As well as having to speak to rude angry customer service operators.

Assurant Healthinsurance fraud

This company called me offering me a great deal for dental insurance, the company is assurant health based from milwaukee, wi on 501 w. Michigan ave. [protected] they were suppose to take money from my account on the 2nd of each month so they took money on may 2nd an then on june 25th 2012 they took 122.00 out of my account with out me knowing messed up my account when I called the same day an canceled they will only send me 12 dollars. They never gave me my money back. Have to file a complaint with ga. Commissioner insurance to get my money back. This is not an insurance company they are a discount company that will not pay for any major dental work.

• Bo
              boone Jan 11, 2013

NOT TRUE! Assurant markets all kinds of insurance products and has 3 very good fully insured dental plans for individuals. There are waiting periods for certain procedures and it is stated so in the policy. I have their dental plan and once I got past the waiting period they paid just as they're supposed to. Read your policy and ask your agent questions. Calling it a discount plan you are uninformed. The only discount plan they offer is part of the association in some states but its part of your health insurance premium and clearly syas its not insurance.

Assurant Healthhealth insurance

This company runs a scam. I paid almost $500/mo. Last year for family catastrophic coverage. It was supposed to include 4 preventive visits per year. They denied every single claim from my entire family for our entire coverage period. They would call everything a pre existing condition. They would not even cover my kids immunizations. Stay away!

• Bo
                boone Jan 11, 2013

YOu must have misunderstood. Assurant policies, such as the Coremed at that time allowed 4 doctor visits per year with a copay. NOT 4 PREVENTIVE! Preventive care is covered under Health care reform mandate once per year at 100% no deductible or copay .Immunizations are covered if the children are under 14. Pre ex are excluded for 12 mos and the definition is clearly stated in the policy exclusions. Read your policy! Ask your agent to clarify things you do not understand.

Assurant Solutions Service Protection Advantage — failing to honor warranty

I noticed that my ge profile microwave was starting to make loud, rumbling noises when the turntable was in...

Assurant Solutionstakes so long to process a claim

My air conditioner malfunctioned the 2nd week in june. Called warranty center to arrange service. Needed receipt with contract #. Could not verify via phone number. Contacted home depot where I purchased unit. Waited 2 weeks for a duplicate receipt.

Upon receiving the duplicate receipt, I called warranty. Gave them all the information for the ac. They needed to send someone to look at the unit. The service provider, plus 1 solutions, farmed the work out to a local ac repair service. It took them 3 weeks to send a tech to look at the unit. Tech said logic board was damaged. Unit needed to be replaced.

Called back warranty, they needed to verify information. That took 2 weeks. To process the claim, they needed a written report from plus 1. Plus 1 needed the report from the sub contractor. This took another 3 weeks.

After the sub contractor submitted the report, they needed a parts list and pricing to see which would be more cost effective, repair or replace. This took another 2 weeks. All this time, I have no ac in the hottest month in ny.

Today, 8/8, I finally received word that the unit will be "cashed out" and I will receive a check for $459, not the $599 I paid for the unit.

Cs said it was for a comparable unit, not my unit, and the lowest price found on line. Shipping charges, tax, and the like are not included. I paid $599 plus sales tax for my unit, not including the warranty. How is this fair?

I purchased this warranty for peace of mind. Over 8 weeks of frustration, no ac and the run around. I will never purchase another extended service contract from any of the major chain stores if assurant solutions is the policy backer. The run around, no regard for the customer's situation, no apology for delays, nothing more than "policy" offered.

Next time, i'll use my amex card which automatically extends the warranty for 2 years after the manufacturers warranty expires. Never had a problem with amex.

They should learn how it should be done properly.

$1.5 billion in contract revenues, 56 million customer's world wide and this is how they stay in business. The fine print in the "contract" protects them, not the consumer, and the chain stores should also look into the fine print because this will reflect on consumer's decision to purchase from them again.

Assurant Solutionsfailed repairs

We purchased an assurant solutions warranty for our washer and dryer when brand new. Before 3 years were over, both had stopped working. The policy we purchased was called "repair or replace". That means to me that if the item cannot be repaired within a reasonable period of time, replacement is required. It has been four months and multiple service calls and neither the washer nor the dryer work adequately. Assurant says they will not replace until we have had four service calls for the same issue within 12 months, at least 90 days apart. This is not published on their website, and does not seem to be anything they inform the consumer of up front. Instead they have a blanket statement saying replacement will be at their sole discretion. Their promise of "repair or replace" apparently means neither.

• Mi
                    millielantz Jan 23, 2014

I bought a Toshiba Computer in 2012 from Staples. and since then I've had problems with it I get it shipped off to a company called Blue Raven then it goes to Assurant Solutions 206 Interstate Circle, NW Atlanta GA 30339 and Central Fulfillment 110 Fordham Road Wilmington, MA 01887 I've been sending it to these and they fix the computer so far they done good until this time they was very sloppy, they didn't make sure the icons worked on the computer before they shipped it off and said that they did, all the icons on the top of the computer don't work the volume, internet button there is 6 buttons that don't work, they worked before I shipped it off. and I tried to call the office and they wouldn't let me talk to a supervisor about the problem they just sent me other place . They done a half job and now I have to send it back in again because of this. I'll give you all the info I have I hope you will do something about this I'm not satisfied with the computer I've had problems with it since I got it . and this is my first computer that I've ever bought .My name is Millie Lantz my address is 51 Hinkle Drive, Buckhannon WV 26201 ... The order number was K27XQ301 the PO number is [protected] My computer is a Toshiba P755-S5390 ...The Technician didn't sign the bottom of the paper for final Inspection either he just signed the repair technician The staples phone number is [protected] and the number where I sent it off to is [protected] I am not happy with this at all the hard drive already came out of it and I only use this just for me to surf the web not major things. Is there any way you can resolve this problem I would really appreciate it very much I hope I got the right department thank you for your time Millie Lantz my email is [protected]@ yahoo.com

Assurant/ Renters Insurancechange of address is impossible

In 2009 I was renting a house in north carolina and thought that I should acquire some renters insurance. After speaking to my auto insurance agent he was like no problem geico can do that. After establishing the policy I received the policy in the mail from assurant. No problem so far. Well in february of 2011 I moved to louisiana. Doing the right thing I contacted assurant to change my address. They quoted me a new price and gave me a new policy number. No biggie, until I began to be charged for both policies.
                  I contacted the agency on the phone and stated that I needed to cancel the north carolina policy. Was told cant do it on the phone. Why? Too convenient perhaps. O. K no problem after filling out all the appropriate forms and submitting the proof of vacancy in the north carolina abode it has been 3 months and they still have not replied or credited my account.
                  Talking to someone at assurant is as useful as talking to a rock.

christgirlie Aug 27, 2013

At least you didn't have the insurance for 10 years then file a claim for water damage and then have it denied because they don't cover water damage. They don't cover fire. I sent a request to cancel the policy and they continue to take money out of my checking account. I want to know how dumb a company is that denies a legitimate claim and don't cancel the policy when they should have. How dumb are the people in the company!!!

First Extended Service Corporation — failure to honor our warranty

Rv warranty. Items are definitely covered. We are outside the 100 mile radius requirement to return to...

Assurant Solutionsworthless warranty

Bought a 32' magnavox led tv 3/2007 and it broke down 7/2011 while under circuit city advantage warranty. Called 800 number and they had someone pick up the tv. He called a few days later and said the warranty company said the repair was too costly. Said they ill contact me with my options. I ended trying to contact them and got alot of bull instead.. Computer down, we'll contact you, ect.. I now have a tv that is partially dismantled, unworking and assurant solutions/circuit city is ignoring me. I am out $950.00 and expect nothing from these people. Extended warranties are just a rip-off unless they have in house service.

First Extended Service Corporationextreme delay in payment - won't honor

This company is awful. First they refuse to cover what they should then they demand discounts from the shop doing the repairs. After they abuse the consumer and the shop, they don't pay their bill promptly. Most warranty companies pay immediately with a credit card after you fax the invoice to them. These guys have no fax machine so everything goes by us mail. Then they take 10 days to process, and then will hold the payment for a minimum of 60 days to pay by check which is of course mailed. They don't have a credit card! Probably because they have poor credit or are nearly bankrupt! Avoid this company at all costs, both as a consumer or as a repair shop.

Assurant Insurance — cancellation

Assurant renter's insurance is a scam! I was required by the apartment complex I was in for 10 months to have...

Assurant Solutionsrepair issues

A month ago, my son's toshiba laptop was sent to national repair depot (assurant's repair facility) for repair. They replaced a mother board. We had it back 10 days when it broke again and was sent back for repair. They claim they had two bad parts delivered from toshiba (I think they are using black market sub-standard parts). They have had it 15 days with no estimate time of return. Assurant refuses to replace the computer even though that is a clause in my warranty contract.
                        They are cut-rate sub-standard warranty people. Their intention is to ride out this contract to its expiration (9/1) without helping me.
                        I would advise anyone not to buy a warranty from this company. They are rip-offs and they do not care about you or your equipment. They spend their time figuring how to rip you [email protected]

Assurant Home Repairbad service

Another reviewer on this site said assurant is a joke. I agree. We purchased extended service contracts for our kitchen appliances in 2007 through this company. We called to report a problem with our dish washer in oct 2010 and they never called back to schedule an appointment after making multiple calls. We could live with that problem as it was minor so we just gave up. Our dishwasher stopped working on may 18, 2011 and we've had nothing but problems trying to arrange for a service person to repair the dishwasher. The company told my wife this am that they had no record of our calls in october 2010 and promised a service person would be there today, may 20, 2011. I didn't hear anything from the company that was assigned by assurant to fix the dishwasher and called assurant at about 1:00pm. I was told no one was scheduled to come out until next week. I spoke to a supervisor to admitted they had a record of our call in october but didn't have a service person assigned in our area so didn't call back. The supervisor told me our appointment was scheduled for monday but later said that the company that services our area doesn't service our area until tuesday. I spoke to a different supervisor and basically got nowhere. I called the firm that sold us the appliances and the office manager confirmed he had received three similar complaints from customers just in the last week. Stay away from this company. They provide horrible service.

Assurant Solutions — not willing to cover costs of repairs

We purchased a used motor home.in order to protect ourselves from unforeseen expensive repairs, the company...

Assurant Healthinsurance

This is by far the worse insurance company i've ever had to deal with. I've had blue cross blue shield, humana, altius, afflac and assurant. With 3 children we have to have insurance. We had a $5000 maternity deductible and $10000 major medical deductible. After we met the $5000 maternity deductible we continued to receive bills unpaid by the insurance. We called assurant and discovered that they considered the entire pregnancy and delivery ' high risk.' because as the time of ultrasound 21 weeks, the umbilical cord was near the baby's neck! We had to obtain all medical records and highlight each dr., technician, and nurses notes that reported everything to be normal. 11 appeals to review claims, 10 months, and several phone calls later, we are still fighting them every step of the way. One claim had to be reviewed 4 times before it was corrected! After much stress and headache we are down to the last $200 of $7000 they were going to make us pay in addition to the $5000 deductible.

James Is Jul 22, 2011

Completely agree. Sounds like a similar plan. It's a nightmare. We spend hours on the phone with them every week explaining every little claim to them, that they always inevitably blame on poor coding from every physician office we have. At one point, we discovered that the 1st code on a claim, if denied, denies the whole lot. We had to go back to physician billing offices to recode a whole bunch of claims so that the 1st code was not one that would get denied. What kind of crap is that? Shouldn't be legal. Anyway, that was confirmed by someone on the phone we talked to, and after recoding, some claims went through. Doesn't matter if it's for a physical, for pregnancy, anything and everything they will delay every claim and try to find anything they can pin on a pre-existing condition, or last resort bad coding (to delay) to opt out of applying payments to deductibles, and on and on and on. Absolutely ludicrous. No doubt, their tactic is to delay, postpone, come up with excuses, so that eventually you'll buckle of exasperation and pay the physicians directly.

• Da
                                D. A. Price Jan 09, 2014

This insurance company does not follow procedures. They will deduct money from your account for insurance before the date of your actual insurance. I already had insurance and had paid my premium for two months. They were not to take any funds before the termination of my existing policy. I spoke with them at 2:00 p.m. and they took out the premium out of my account within 2 hours. When I called them they said that once the policy has been approved, they take the funds within 24 to 48 hours. These funds were taken in 2 hours. I called to cancel this insurance, guess what they will not give you a refund until 7 to 10 days later by mail. Luckily I had not cancelled my existing policy. Now I have paid twice in one month for insurance. They say that they are affiliated with my present insurance, so why deduct funds. I would not recommend this insurance company. Also when the information was sent in written form, they do not cover anything, you will have too much out of pocket expenses. So I have lost $25.00 processing fees, lets hope I get my refund in 7 to 10 days. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS INSURANCE!!!

• Cu
                                Curry Cur Jun 06, 2017

I had to be rushed to the hospital because of chest pains I was having and come to find out I get a letter in the mail stating I wasn't having heart problems like they know what's going on with my heart they never paid the hospital nothing now I am having to go to court to battle it out I paid my premium of 15000 dollars and they wanted additional 20000 dollars again I had to cancel it out because they are crooks liars.

First Extended Service Corporationdenying my brake booster repair

Currently dealing with this "fine" company. The dealer says I need a new brake booster ($850.00) due to the fact a part failed internally. The brake booster is clearly covered on my contract.

The dealer told the warranty company what part failed (inside the booster) and they promptly told them the claim was denied because the internal part was not covered. The brake booster is not serviceable and the parts inside only come with a new brake booster. They still say its not covered even though the repair order states the brake booster needs replacement.

I have plead my case four times today and was told they took it to their review board who also denied it. This company appears to be a scam!!! I dealt with aftermarket warranty companies for years and never did I get this run-a-round. More to come... Very, very pissed!!

Assurant Solutionsextremely poor customer service

I called assurant solutions regarding my 5 year warranty for an lg tv I purchased through circuit city. We were struck by lightening in july of 2010 (2 1/2 yrs into the warranty) and requested a pro-rated refund, because the tv was destroyed. After faxing the requested information 4 times, numerous hour long phone calls, it is now january 2011 and I still do not have my refund. I did speak with customer service representatives that tried to help me, but they are not provided access to the information they need to help. The supervisors that I spoke with were rude and had no desire to help me. I won't give up on getting what's owed to me, but I will never purchase another warranty through assurant solutions. It has been the worst customer service experience i've ever had.