ICICI Bank Credit Card / issue with the settlement since last 3 years

1 India Review updated:

I had used the card and kept paying the minimum due amount on time and one day i decided of going for a settlement of my card back in 2004 and i met one of the manager for this. At that point my outstanding was close to 28000/- and because of my good payment history i was told that i can close it for 25000/- and few hundreds which i don't remember clearly, I agreed for the settlement and at the same time i paid 15000/- in cash for which i have the receipt and for the remaining i was told some would come and collect a cheque or cash at my residence as i needed two weeks to pay the remaining amount, But nobody showed up and i had to travel to mumbai for 8 weeks but i had left a cheque at home so that if some one showed up they could collect and close the card but that never happened. After few months somebody came to my doorstep and started using abusive language for the balance and then i was told to meet someone at the collections department (Basavgudi)and i was told that i need go for a new settlement and after 2hrs of argument we agreed to close it for 11000/- and i had close to 8000/- in cash which was collected at my door step and the balance was supposed to be collected by some collection agency in a weeks time but that didn't happen and now i receive a statement saying i owe close to 17000. Where in as per the agreed term i was suppose to payback only 3000+ to close it. I tried getting in touch with the same manager after i few weeks but i was told that he moved to some other branch in mumbai and i had lost my patience and decided to not to entertain them any more and no body bothered me for close to 8 months and one fine day some collection agency guy came home and spoke to my mother in a very filthy language and when i asked that guy to speak to me and he just asked me to come down to collection office and when i asked him about the language being used i was threatened saying things could get worse i didn't show up at the collections office. I have written complaints after complaints to ICICI bank and they say they can't do any thing as its gone to collections agency. In the mean time i had to travel out of bangalore for a while and when i came back i received a legal notice from a solicitor and i called him up to explain about what was going on and i was given a collections manager number for bangalore and i when i called up and spoke about it, in a very rude voice i was told to come down to office so that they can deal with me. My whole point is that if i wanted to default why would i opt for a settlement and pay close to 23000 where the original settlement figure was 25000 change.I have told time and again that i will pay a maximum of 4000 and not a penny more because you just can't go harassing a customer with abusive language.

I have a personal loan for the last 2 years and 6 months with ICICI and a life insurance policy with the same bank and i have never missed any payments on them.

Advise what should i do smb!

Comments

• Su
      4th of Dec, 2007

Please send me the same to close my account.
    Regards

1st of Jan, 2008

i have recived message from ur bank telling that i have made transaction in air deccan bangalore ind on 29 th nov 2007 through internet banking.i dont had internet banking and pasword till thatdate. after 15 days i have recived internet banking user id and password.i have not requiested for the internet banking.i am expect this dispute to solved as early as possible.

my card no 4477469877128002.

thanks
    jagadish s
    mo # 9900381148

1st of Jan, 2008

I applied for creditcard ( Corporate ). I have not received credit card till now.But i received only pin number & Internet banking. Please reply to the mail as early as possible

• Ha
      21st of Apr, 2008

Hi,
    I am CEO of "EXCELAN CONSULTANCY PVT.LTD.". We want to take the DSA for credit card bangalorebut unable to get anycontct regarding that through website or phone banking or by visiting your branch. Please contact me regarding that as soon as possible.

HariRastogi
    CEO
    Excelan Consultancy Pvt. Ltd.
    Mo:9901453968

• Ra
      19th of Mar, 2009

sir i have card but right now i have no funds .your recovery agents alaways give warnings.plz help me