IC System / Fraud and cheating

United States Review updated:
I nominate a telephone representative of IC Systems as perhaps the most detestable person I have ever had contact with in my 84 years on this earth. My son (age 57) has been a patient in a New Jersey mental hospital for 30 years -- sentenced NGRI (Not Guilty Reason Insanity) for a violent crime. He will likely spend the remainder of his life in confinement.
My son ran up some charge card debt in spite of the fact that his address was clearly that of a mental hospital.

Now the harassment squad at IC Systems is calling multiple times daily with very belittling words addressed to my son in spite of my letter to FIA Card Services explaining my son's situation. This harassment will likely cause the doctors to increase the dosage of anti-psychotic drugs and thereby increase the already debilitating side effects.

My son does not even receive Medicare disability pension because during the Clinton administration there was a change made that declared that persons judged NGRI could not longer receive Medicare disability pension payments. Incidentally, he does still have Medicare Part B but the Social Security Administration (unlike the Bank of America and FIA Services) has declared that my son is without any means to pay the premiums for Medicare Part B and apparently Social Security has a system which pays the premiums for such an indigent person.

In spite of several letters to Washington Mutual pointing out the folly of a bank offering credit cards to a person whose address is a mental hospital (and there are warnings about a suspicious address by 2 of the 3 main credit reporting organizations), WaMu proceeded to turn the account over to IC Systems for collection.

The following is a quote from my son: 'The collection agency for Washington Mutual is verbally abusive and demanding and very over bearing. They 'bully' by phone. I hung up on the abusive fellow.'
Va

Comments

La
  19th of Nov, 2008
Have the DR block calls from them - He can order that!

They are also in violation of FDCPA -
go to www. ftc.gov for more information

IC System Logo IC System