IC Systemillegal and harassing 3rd part phone conversation

M

I am complaining about the very rude and unprofessional conduct as well as ILLEGAL activity on behalf of a collection agency called ICSystem. Collectors from this company have contacted my elderly father and have deliberately intimidated him into relaying information concerning my payment status which in turn relayed my account information to unauthorized parties. My father was unable to get the name of the person representing IC System and in turn emailed instantly with the news that I owed a debt collector money that is not owed. I managed to get a hold of a collector later in the day and explain to him that I am a member of the U.S. Navy currently assigned to a unit inside of Iraq (an 8 hour time difference and a subsequent snail mail delay problem). When I asked him for his name he claimed it "wasn't important for me to know... and I owed him $508". The real problem is this... this person then threatened me with legal action if I didn't agree to pay the amount in full over the phone providing my personal banking information... SOMETHING I DO NOT DO!!! In addition he claimed that he would make an immediate claim to collect the supposed debt. I called the Credit card company and they apologized... What else???

• Co
    Confused & Very Rude May 22, 2008

This company is soooooooo rude, The company my credit card company hired is IC System and I have talked to them seveal times and this time they told me I should have not used the credit card & that I needed to pay them today x amount of money and I said I couldn't pay at this time they told me I should get out of my mortagae & move in with someone so I could pay them. They are a 3rd party from my credit card company & I had sent the credit card company a cease calling letter and it states in the letter that the 3rd party can not call you but they do not go by this letter and they are in voilation of the rule 805(b)2 of the FDCPA. I had not used this card in over a year, now IC Systems is telling me I should not be on Social Security & that I need to get a job & pay them off it, I told them it was is not my choice to be on social secrity. They are rude & they say things to you that they should not be saying.

Nomne Jun 25, 2008

I have spoke with this company about calling my home phone looking for another person. I told them to not call my number and they keep calling back. What else can be done about this? Plz advise smb!

• Me
    Melissa Jul 03, 2008

This company calls my cell phone several time a day. I currently work nights so i am asleep when they call. Today I answered one of their calls and they asked for someone by a different name. When I told the man I was not that person he began arguing with me. I asked several times if our call was being recorded and also to speak to a supervisor. He continued to talk over me and repeatedly ask for the person he was calling for. I kept telling him he had the wrong number and he told me I was lying.

I contacted the company via the main number on their website. I was given two managers names to speak with. When I called the correct department and asked to speak with Nate or Jason I was told I could not. The man who answered the phone (Jack) already knew about my previous conversation with Michael. He told me I should understand that people lie to them all the time and thats why he didn't believe me when I said that he had the wrong number.

I continued to ask to speak with one of the managers and was repeatedly to no. I called the main number back and was told by the woman that answered the phone that she would email them and someone would call me back.

I feel sorry for anyone who has to actually deal with this company.

• Ci
    Cindy Brown Jul 09, 2008

IC System collection agency doesn't work with consumers. I, too, came upon hard times when I lost my job due to an auto accident. This has placed my family in an extreme financial hardship. They demanded payment even though my bank accounts are in a negative balance and food has yet been placed on the table. They charge overage fees that still puts us further in the hole by $16. This continues to make our bill climb instead of reducing the balance. We can't even afford the minimum payment, yet they draft monies before the due dates to appease their clients. They even went to the point of belittling my husband; saying he needs to be responsible for this bill; he has been responsible, he has allowed this company their freedom by taking a bullet in service of our free country! How much more responsible does he need to be? They would not even allow us to speak, to explain our situation. They continue to talk over us, and we still have no resolution.

This is a great business. I hope it improves customer service!!!

• Ci
    Cindy Brown Jul 09, 2008

I completely agree to your statement. I just lost my job in May due to an auto accident and am having to file for social security disability. As my husband explained to him, we hope that Corry never has an auto wreck, never is without a job or able to provide for his family. He even stated my husband wasn't responsible, yet he has served in Iraq for 17 months, taken a bullet, and lost 21 of his soldiers; yet he isn't responsible? This company must be stopped! We all must band together and take a stand against them. Whatever you do, don't pay them. They are an unsecured debt, and I for one will pay my house note and car notes before I ever pay them another penny!

• Fr
    Frost Jul 11, 2008

Go online and look up a cease and desist letter. Send it to them certified mail. Sorry but it's going to cost you about 5 bucks. Then go to your bank and close your account. Open another if you like or go to another bank. Do not give them permission to direct withdraw money from your account.

The cease and desist letter will demand that they stop the harassing calls and not to contact you at work or home. It pretty much muzzles them. Need anymore info, contact me at: [email protected]

• Valerie Sep 19, 2008

My wife fielded the call, they said it was a business opportunity. I have been disabled since march and cannot make the payments, I told the very rude 1st person I could not pay and she transferred me to the supposed supervisor who was demeaning, he insisted I have my parents pay bill, I told him that the family helped pay my "rent" in the past. He kept insisting that the parents living on fixed incomes could still help because they did in the past.

I left the phone call at him being delusional and it was ludicrous to insist my parents have to pay so I can make the payment. Pushy, arrogant, rude, called me a liar on a previous statement at the beginning of the conversation about getting help on the power bill.

Multiple FDCPA violations. If their letter doesn't get here in 5 days there's another violation.

These people are a piece of work.

• De
    deb Sep 24, 2008

I have been receiving calls from IC System. I have told them repeatedly not to call because I am dealing with the Credit Card company. The credit card company is dealing with me directly which they do not have a problem with.

I have repeatedly told them to quit calling but they get nasty and hateful with me. Even when I tell them I am dealing with Credit card directly. I have even told them that I that they are just harrassing me and that there are laws preventing this. But to no avail. They call at least 40 times a day.

The credit card company supposedly has told them that I am paying them direct but it doesn't stop them.

• Be
    Becky Oct 22, 2008

Same thing just happened to me. I had no idea what this company even was. They asked for a person whom I do not know. When I told Melinda that she had the wrong number she was very nasty. I asked to speak to her supervisor, who was equally as nasty. I used *69 to get the phone number. I called back and asked for the company name (another very nasty conversation with Melinda) and then came and looked it up online. I also feel sorry for people who have to deal with this company legitimately. They are the nastiest people I think I've ever encountered. How do they live with themselves?

• Ap
    apesbutterfly Feb 21, 2009

They called my parents house asking for me, whch they said was very important that I call them, so I did and I asked why they were calling my parents and the man told me that I put that number on my application which is acomplete lie cause my parents just got that number and I dont even know it, lol! He continued to be a complete jerk to me and when I asked to speak to someone else he refused and said I was stuck with him, thats when I hung up and went through my credit card company and made payment arrangments that way without having to talk to a complete ###!

• Hi
    Hiton Mar 05, 2009

I am having the same problem even though I told them they are violating the Fair Debt Collector Practices Act. They called me names and told me that they can do what they want to and hung up, then started calling back again. I have an attorney now that is going to go after them for violation of this act. The company said it does not apply to them because they are on a state level. I told them this is not a state thing, its the Federal Trade Commission, and they are going to get it. I recommend everyone report this company to the Better Business Bureau! and to the Federal Trade Commission.

• Ar
    aroberts2 Nov 13, 2009

I have been receiving calls at work and on my persoanl cell phone from IC systems and a collection officer named Mickey' if that is her real name. Their phone number is [protected].
    I have been divorced now for over 2 years and I am not responsible for any debt that she incurred since our seperation agreement and divorce.
    I want these people to stop calling me and I am also reporting them to the North Carolina States Attorney Generals office.

• Mr
    Mr. Upset in DC Jun 07, 2010

I asked IC Systems who they were to be asking me to verify my address. The Rep on th ephone said they represent several "agencies" and it would be a violation of the law to divulge any information (on their part). When I said "well it would violate me to be scammed, maybe you should think about that". The rep said "Well, did I answer with our company name IC Systems when you called back?" I said "yes, and after asking what that meant you refused to give details, so I'll just block your number when it comes up next time". He said "we will find a way around that and just keep calling until you verify your address". Good luck Buddy!... and [censored] off!

• Mr