Hyundai / warranty not applied

Monmouth Junction, NJ, United States

Purchased a new 2011 Hyundai Sonata along with their Diamond wrap around service to ensure I was totally protected for my new car. It is still under warranty. Last week I was driving and the car suddenly stopped. No warning lights on engine lights or oil lights were on prior to this occurance. Called Hyundai and had the car towed to the dealer. Now I have purchased at least 5 cars over the years from this dealer, which I would believe makes me a loyal customer. Never had issues with any other cars purchased there. The service department advises that they believe there is a problem with the engine and had to call "Hyundai" to have an authorization to take apart the engine to find out what is wrong. I reminded them that I was still under warranty, which they replied that will depend what we find out. I called them 3x's per day for a week to find out the results. I finally heard from them on Fri. Feb 22, 2013 to which they tell me that the engine was full of gunk and had no oil in it, so it is now our responsibility. they advised that the engine replacement would be $6, 000.00. I think this is crazy and I told them that. They advised that since I had no receipts for oil changes than it is my lack of mantaince that caused the engine to seize. I told them that their were never any oil lights that went on and we replaced the oil as necessary . This is a 2 year old car under warranty and the ENGINE SEIZES and it my fault. I don't think so I was roaming on the internet and lo and behold their are other 2011 and 2012 car owers with the same problem as me and were thold the same thing verbatim. This is a scam. I don't have 6, 000. to replace the engine and I have monthly car payments of $534.00 per month for this car. I need help!!!
"