Hyundai Motor Corp. / car

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

I purchased a used Hyundai Accent with only 39, 000 miles on it. As it was used, the warranty reverts to 5-yr/60, 000 miles upon my purchase. Two weeks after I purchased it that 5-yr warranty expired. The transmission failed less than 2000 miles later. I contacted Hyundai as a "goodwill request" to cover the transmission. They denied the request. I then got information this car was bad from the beginning. Contacted Hyundai again, told me regardless of what paperwork I have they will deny everything. I even sent letters to the headquarters in Korea who didn't even respond directly, just referred it to their consumer complaints. Tried getting the name of their attorney, they wouldn't even provide that. Horrible company! I have purchased many cars but Never would purchase a HYUNDAI car again, new or used.

Co

Comments

• Rr
      3rd of Jun, 2013

I leased a 2013 Sonata and it has a mechanical or design problem or both. In the last 5 weeks my Sonata shifter linkage has broken twice on me while I was parking my car. It is still under warranty. Also I am being charged for my rental car until the dealership fixes my car again. I leased the car from KEYES Hyundai in Van Nuys, California. They told me Hynduai does Not cover rental costs. I thought they made a dependable car...Guess Not!