Hyundai Getz / hyundai india customer service and dealer (m/s. popular hyundai) cheating customers

1 India Review updated:

My father-in-law bought a Hyundai Getz car from the dealer Popular Hyundai, Cochin in October 2017. He was offered an exchange bonus of Rs 10,000 for selling his old car. He submitted all papers to the dealer on November 21 2017. However, when he called up the dealer later, he was told that they somehow misplaced all papers. Subsequently, a 'Sales Advisor' (one Mr Rony Varghese) from the dealer came to his house and collected the papers again. When he called up in April 2017, he was told that the cheque has been received, and is waiting for signature from the Secretary - who was on leave. When he called up in early May 2017, he was told that the exchange bonus has been rejected!!.

We went to the dealer on Saturday, 12th May and met the Sales manager, Mr. Abraham. He did not listen to us properly, and was speaking over the phone, and looking at the computer when we were explaining the problem. He first told us that the cheques are being issued by the dealer, not Hyundai. However, when we questioned this, he changed his stand, and started telling that it is Hyundai who issues the money. He also showed us certain documents which he told are 'cheques' that have been issued. Upon close examination, it was found that these documents are just some challans, not any cheques. He was not ready to show us any documented proof regarding the rejection of our exchange bonus by Hyundai. We had to come out of the room since he was not at all listening.

I had called up at the customer service number, and spoke with two representatives - Sruthi and Neha - on 12th May. They told me that they will inquire and call me back, which has not happened till now.

I then sent an email complaint to the customer service on May 14th, and one Ms. Aashika Singh told that they will contact us soon. This has not happened till now.

I suspect that there is a unholy nexus between the Southern India Region Sales department, the dealer and its Sales Advisors, who have pocketed the amount amongst themselves, and is now trying to hide it, These men and women are tarnishing the image of the Hyundai company. I am going to file a case against these folks. So guys, beware of the dealer M/s Popular Hyundai India ---- NEVER buy car from them.

Comments

• Ku
      14th of Apr, 2010
    Hyundai Getz - poor services being provided at service centre-deep hyundai-peera garhi
    Deep Hyundai
    India

On April 8th 2017 I visited your Peeragarhi Outlet (Deep Hyundai Service Centre)for second free service of my
    Hyundai Getz DL4CA J7330 at 8.45 AM Sharp which proved to be a worst
    ever experience of my life and which does not suit to service level
    being provided by company of your repute.

I was assisted by Mr. Sushil Sharma, advisor who asked me to collect my
    vehicle at 3.30 pm but on my request he agreed to handover it at 12.30
    but unfortunately it was handed over to me by 3.30 pm. It was so
    unmanaged there that i was moving here and there to get the needful
    done, i was searching for person for wheel alignment, i was searching
    for person to do touching work etc. Mr. Sushil Sharma was initially
    very helpful but with the number of customers he almost forget about my
    job and started ignoring. I went to Mr. Rajesh (Manager on site) and
    requested him to do the needful as i had to pick my daughter from
    school at 1.00 pm but he disappeared from them and i was waiting for
    wheel alignment to be done. Interestingly at wheel alignment not even a
    single person was present and i waited there for almost one hr and when
    Mr. Sanjay came there he said that as the Car has driven only 5200 kms
    it needs not to have alignment. Here i would like to ask if i had
    informed earlier that my vehicle does not need any alignment i would
    not have wasted 2 hrs there. I finally left from there at 3.30 pm and
    the overall experience was so worst which force me to say that service
    quality was of very low level in comparison to what is being promised
    by you and i would not recommend any one to visit that workstation in
    near future. All, Sushil Sharma, Rajesh Kumar and many more were
    totally unprofessional and unhelpful. They people don't understand the
    importance of customer time and pain.

Request you to do the needful to avoid re-occurence of same in near
    future.

Regards

Manoj Anand

• Da
      11th of Jun, 2011
    Hyundai Getz - bad service
    Hyundai service department
    New Zealand

My wifes car was having a problem starting, apparently waht we have been told is that this is a common problem yet, the car had to go in 4 times for the problem to be rectified, hopefully this is the end of the problem. I have been given an email address to lodge a complaint, its been a month now and i have not received any feedback to date. When my vehicle was taken in, my car was used to drop my wife off at work. My concern is they have courtesy vehicles and they dont use them to pick and drop off customers. Yet they clearly state that the provide this service. I took my vehicl for my 1000 km service and clearly told the guys at the service department i will pick my vehicle at 17hoo, yet without my permission my vehicle was dropped off at my work place and my keys given to a third person who i didnt even know. This is the first service department i see provide a service like that, other companies bend over backwards to offer their clients good service. Specialists who dont know what they are doing, wake up guys.