Huntington Bank — safe deposit box
Somehow in the move from wonderful FirstMerit to not -so-wonderful Huntington the Liberty Street Painesville Ohio office lost all record of our (wife and myself) safety deposit box. We had this box under FirstMerit and had used it several times. I noticed when I walked in the vault that things had been moved around and the banker acknowledged same. There is no record of our ever having a safety deposit box nor any record of our closing the safety deposit box. The box was listed as "available". However when I gave them my key and they opened the box with their key our papers are inside the correct box for the key. Now waiting for legal to chime in on what to do and have advised a supervisor in the call department of our plight. She said she would contact corporate to find out what to do.
Today's safety deposit check was just that... check it out. I really went in to find out why the checks for my new and personal checking account had not arrived and learned the individual who opened the account never ordered them.
This was on top of a major problem with the merger of FM when it first occurred.
More Huntington Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Huntington Bank - overdraft protection - opting in 
- Huntington Bank - refinance/ 
- Huntington Bank - mortgage modification 
- Huntington National Bank - refinance rip-off
- Huntington Bank - held my paycheck 
- Huntington Bank - customer service 
- Huntington Bank - unethical behavior and very poor customer service
- Huntington Bank - customer service
- Huntington Bank - checking overdraft fees 
- Huntington Bank - my account has been locked for over a week.