Huntington Bank / checking overdraft fees
Over the past few months I have been ill. Spoke with customer service on multiple occasions in regards to an overdraft on my account. A payment was allowed to go through to sprint that put my account overdrawn. I was told by three different representatives on three separate occasions I would receive no more overdraft charges.
I explained to customer service that as soon as I could I would bring my account current. At that time I owed about $184 I made a payment off about $50. Next throng I knew my account received five more fees Ian's brought it up to $284 and some change. I paid my account off Monday and received $75 back on overdrafts. My branch teller had looked at my account when I was submitting payment and informed me that out of the $284 I had owed $274 was overdraft charges.
I know that I had shut my overdraft protection off multiple times when I first became ill and that transactions were still allowed to go through. I paid the fees because I need my account open but I do not believe I should have been charged $274 in overdrafts when all I owed in that balance of $284 was $10 for a returned check fee. A check that Huntington said was invalid. U am most upset
That your customer service stated multiple time that I would not incur any more fees and I received over $150 after the first conversation with your representatives I believe you should charge overdrafts but not
To the extent that I just paid to keep my account in good standing
More Huntington Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Huntington Bank - overdraft protection - opting in 
- Huntington Bank - refinance/ 
- Huntington Bank - mortgage modification 
- Huntington National Bank - refinance rip-off
- Huntington Bank - held my paycheck 
- Huntington Bank - customer service 
- Huntington Bank - unethical behavior and very poor customer service
- Huntington Bank - customer service
- Huntington Bank - safe deposit box
- Huntington Bank - my account has been locked for over a week.