Huntington Bank / branch location complaints about customer services

1 Indianapolis, IN, United States Review updated:

I have been a customer at Huntington for over 20 years. I'm so sick of the slow process when I bank there at the Lafayette Rd &he 38th in Indianapolis and the 34th and high school Rd branch. I went to the 34th/high school Rd branch on Friday to cash my paycheck. I wanted to payoff some bills. After I waited in the drive thru line for 20 minutes I finally got to a teller& she told me I would need to come in, I tried going in & was interagated at the entrance, put your purse here& your phone there & it was just to much. I then waited in line yet again. No personal service like I used to get at sky bank. The teller then had an attitude. I go to this bank at least 2 times a month. I have 2 jobs and one is direct deposit and 1 is pay by check. I asked if I could get 3 money orders, they said they don't sell money orders? What? At a bank! They said they sell cashiers check for $6. I said ok just give me 1 for an amount and The teller said I can't do that you must have liquid funds? I said what! Then she told me after years of cashing all kind of checks from my real estate company account that she couldn't cash my check because I didn't have the money in the bank. I had left out of a deposit I had just made Deposit a week ago? And? What? I told her give me my dam check back. I then went to Regions bank (where mind you I didn't even have a personal account there) we only have a business account for our Real Estate office myself & my mom who own this company which we have had over 26 years. They gave me 3 money orders for $1 each and cashed my company check with no problem. I want to close my Huntington account asap. What do I need to do? I am so sick and tired of the way there tellers act& when you pull up to the drive through there waiting on the lobby customers and you at the same time so there's always a wait& a hassle to do any banking. I'm just done.

Terri

Dr
Dec 30, 2017

Comments

• Po
      31st of Dec, 2017

Unfortunately I couldn't find an answer for cancellation procedure on their website. I would recommend calling, however most likely you will have to go in to sign paperwork. The majority of banks require entering a location to cancel an account.