HughesNet / beware of hughes net scam

1 macon, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 217-764-5481

Hughes net nightmare continues, this is actually my 3rd complaint about hughes net. Today I found out they have double billed me the last three months. After 3 ear breaking phone calls and being told somthing different each time, they stated they can not refund my money for at least 14 days. The mistake was made by this poor excuse for a company and they cant refund my money for 2 weeks, they can sure take it out within 24 hours. I would never recommend this service to anyone. We have had nothing but problems with this company, the customer service is awful. If you get someone that you can actually understand, they lie to you. Ive heard 3 different stories each time I called. I cant wait till another service is offered in our area. Hughes net makes me crazy.

Comments

Ka
  9th of Oct, 2008

I went from Starband to Hughes.net in hopes of getting better service. I am presently paying Hughes.net 130.00 a month for Business internet. Yet, my speed test just showed; 42.5.
I paid in the neighborhood of $1, 200 for set-up.
I think all satellite internet services are a sham. A joke! I have (2) choices where I live; a 26.4 modem or, a satellite connection that works part of the time. How can they legally sell business class internet. It isn't as if I work on and off through out the day to match my connection. I have set hours, so I expect my paid connection to work for me! It doesn't!
In fact, I did the old school download last night. I wanted to watch a youtube video so I requested the download and than drove into town to run errands, came home and watched a movie on my tv, took a shower and than waited an additional half-n-hour for the download to complete. It was a ten minute video I was waiting for...

They should be sued! Their service is worth at most $8 a month!

I am considering purchasing a laptop and driving to a location for internet service. The laptop, gas and alternative internet will still be cheaper than this crap!

Hu
  26th of Jun, 2009

Agreed, today is my 30th day for the "satisfaction guarantee" and I'm cancelling and I'm sure will get the runaround from Hadgi in India. The installer was a ### from the word go, couldn't even bury the cable properly and didn't tighten one single nut or bolt on the dish! Thier "basic" is a total SHAM! Standard modem with dialup is much faster. I called about "upgrading" and they said I would be double billed the first month of the upgrade...yeah right Hadgi, go steal your money somewhere else! DON'T GET HUGHESNET, TALK TO YOU SAT TV PROVIDER FIRST!!! Chances are you will get a local installer who is American and you will most likely always talk to english speaking AMERICANS for cust svc. HUGHESNET IS A RIPOFF!!! DON'T GET FOOLED LIKE MYSELF AND SO MANY OTHERS HAVE!