Hughesnet / slow as dial-up
Not Faster Than Dial-Up, Fair Use Policy is a Scam
Hughesnet is not faster than dial-up. But that is not the worst part of doing business with them. They will subject you to a FAP "Fair Access Policy" which limits your daily downloads. However, the page they have set up for you to monitor you usage as per their records has a 4-hour lag time!! So there is no way to monitor your usage.
I am a computer professional who lives in the middle of nowhere. Hughesnet is my only option. I tried dial-up, but I was connecting at 20k. With Hughesnet I get closer to 56k and in the middle of the night, more like 100k. I regularly get suspend. I get suspend as much as once per week. At this point, I let it dictate my days off, or I do not internet dependant parts of my work.
It in inconvenient, expensive and I have lost money on deadline deals when they suspended me. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. Can't get them on the phone--ever. I sent them over 50 emails complaining, every single response from them was either written by a robot, a drone, or someone who had never used a computer or the English language.
Finally, they offered me a download manager when I signed up, this would help my suspension problem, they told me having a MAC would be no problem.
But now they tell me they have nothing to offer MAC users and I can cancel my account with them for $480.00!!
Not MAC friendly--do not even bother if you use MAC.
If you have any other choice--any at all--DO NOT GO WITH HUGHESNET
More Hughesnet Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- Hughesnet.com - hughesnet make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud! 
- Hughes Network Systems - satelite does not work
- Hughes Network Systems - internet services
- Hughes Network Systems - service representative
- Hughes Network Systems - Internet speed and Phone
- Hughes Network Systems - internet