HSBC Direct / bank withholding my money

HSBC direct has been withholding my money for 2 weeks, for no reason. When my on-line CD matured I called the bank twice with requests to close my CD account and transfer the fund to my another account where I can access the money. I waited for about a week only to discover they did nothing. Since then I have been sending bank mails daily. Still cannot get the money. On top of this, now they want to charge me with an early withdrawal fee. Basically, they are pretending that I never called them.

Be

Comments

12th of Sep, 2006
    HSBC Direct - Somebody stop them to call!

This company calls my house daily, starting at 9:00 in the morning, ending at 9:00 that night. When they call, the Caller ID does list the phone number, but not the company name. The automated system calls about every 4 hours. I am on every No-Call list, and I have repeatedly asked them not to contact us further. I even told them my husband (who they want to talk with, but by which they refer to him with an incorrect name) has died. I am now using an air horn to annoy them each time they call. I don't want to block all anonymous calls, as some are from friends and family. How do I make this stop? No one should be allowed to get away with this, and especially if the consumer has made every effort to stop them from calling. I want to register a formal complaint against this company, and I intend to do this anywhere I am able. Someone needs to intervene in this situation and put an end to this company's annoying tactics!

• Vi
      2nd of Apr, 2007

I was subjected to numerous telephone calls from HSBC. The calls were so frequent, that I felt I was being harassed. A message was never left and when i rang the number I was informed that HSBC had called and there was nothing to worry about.

I refused to take the calls.

I then complained to HSBC and did not receive a response within 14 days. I wrote again and received a letter saying that I was wrong about the call and that it was direct marketing. I wrote back and said that this was incorrect. In response I received an apology and £50 credited to my bank account.

• 12
      16th of Nov, 2008

HSBC is awful for calling. Especially if you are a little late on a payment. They really harrass you. I would call them to let them know when we would be sending money for the car and explain the whole situation, regardless of that they would call again in the next few hours. It is an automated calling that starts as a recording and then sends you to a live person. It is ridicoulous.