Bank of the West Logo

Bank of the West

Having problems with Bank of the West?

Bank of the West reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 19, 2007. The latest review Loan was posted on Jun 7, 2021. The latest complaint fraud was resolved on Oct 26, 2012. Bank of the West has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 59 reviews. Bank of the West has resolved 11 complaints.

Bank of the West Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 488 2265 (General Questions)
+1 844 222 2689 (Schedule A Branch Appointment)
+1 800 996 2638 (Lost & Stolen)
180 Montgomery Street
Thu4:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri4:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat5:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun5:00 AM - 10:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Bank of the West Customer Service. Initial Bank of the West complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Bank of the West above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Bank of the West. Discuss the issues you have had with Bank of the West and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Bank of the West Complaints & Reviews

Bank Of The WestLoan

I paid of my boat loan off on june 3, 2021, I have been trying to get a hold of customer service through their phone number for several days to find out when I can get my title from them. I have been on hold each time for over an hour, never got anyone to pick up the phone.
I would like to email them to ask them where is my title, but they don't have an email.
This is the worst customer service I have ever encountered, even their online chat is unavailable. Very poor customer service!!!

Bank Of The WestClosure of account and asking for repayment on a provisional credit

I received a letter from Bank of the West dated 05/13/2021 where it states that my account was closed on 02/08/2021 and are asking for a repayment of a provisional credit that was applied to my account prior to it being closed. In the letter I am also threatened by stating that I have 10 days to repay or they're going to report the closure to consumer report agencies.

Closure of account and asking for repayment on a provisional credit

May 19, 2021

Bank Of The West — Poor customer service and my business checking is in limbo

On Friday 5/14/21 I spent over an hour talking with Gina Grimm at 12000 N Washington St. Thornton CO 80241...

Bank Of The WestTreasurynow

The bank put all the business accounts to this TreasuryNow from Webdirect and charged me the fees even most of them were close several years ago. The reason was the branch did not informed the department of Treasury Solutions, Corporate & Commercial Banking. I had not got any email or call to ask if I would like to accept to use new platform before I found the account was charged. These charges named 'Cash Management CHG-NON-Analyed' happened on 12/21/2020 at $250, 1/20/2021 at $250, and 2/22/2021 at $285.

As the client, we can not control the internal process of the bank's. Can bank charge on the accounts which was closed?

Peggy Guo
      US New Epoch Inc.
      Email: [protected]@gmail.com

Treasurynow
      Treasurynow

Bank Of The WestCustomer service

Your teller Maria at your city of commerce branch was very rude and needs to learn some customer service skills. She failed to explain what was going on with my account. I figured this out after I left and called her back on the phone. She rudely explained to me what was going on. Very short and very non professional. I won't be coming back to this branch

Bank Of The WestTruck Payment

March 2, 2021 received a letter from loss mitigation of in complete application which everything was sent that need to be sent. the letter we received was not even the right info account was wrong car was wrong. left several messages for a supervisor with no return calls for this matter. which we are trying to keep our ford f150 truck. been really trying to work with bank of the west would like some answers now as we are trying to keep this truck.

Bank Of The WestCustomer service

I called the cancel our business account. 1.19.2021 4: 03 pm with Chicago timing. After being hold for a long time a rude and not helpful bank teller answer the phone. First she said she needs the person who signed present to close the account. I asked her if she is okay I can put my husband on the phone. She acted like she is giving me a favor and said she can only wait for 2 minutes. I contact with my husband and after all she said since I am on the phone she cant talk with him. She can make that comment in the beginning instead of wasting everyone's time. She gave an impression of not willing to help. Are you deducting bonus point or what if your teller cancel someones' accunt? Her tone was not right and her attitude was not right. I want you to know about it.. Cant recall the name something like janice
            Fraze & Company LLC is the name of the company

Bank Of The WestRefund of overpayment on paid off loan

I have had a motorhome loan with Bank of the West for several years that was paid by electronic bill pay. The loan was paid off on November 30, 2020. I forgot to cancel the the electronic payment and it was received by Bank of the West on December 7, 2020. I called them immediately. Since then I have talked to them several times. I have been told it had been sent back to my credit union electronically, one time I was told it would be refunded by cashier check. Last week I was told it had been sent thru ACH and would be in my credit union account on January 5 or January 6. As of today, I have not received my $1500. I have asked several times to speak with someone in authority and told that would not be posssible.

Bank Of The WestHome equity line

My wife and I make $175, 000 a year. Been with the same bank for over 20 years. Now bank of the west. Our home has been appraised at $1, 075, 000.
                We are livid with the lack of communication and process. Asking us to jump from one hoop to another and we did... Now they are asking for 2.

A deed of trust to secure an original indebtedness of $650, 000.00 recorded 08/08/2007 as document

Number [protected] of official records.

Dated: 07/12/2007

Trustor: melissa s. Morris and kevin a morris, wife and

Husband as joint tenants

Trustee: fidelity national title - joel

Beneficiary: mortgage electronic registration systems, inc.

Solely as a nominee for

Lender: american mortgage specialists, inc.

Dec 03, 2019

Bank Of The West — conditional loan release

To whom it may concern, This is a formal complaint for your loan processing department. My office has been...

Bank Of The Westsavings

Bank of the West has the absolute WORST customer service. 6 years to get an address change. Refused a deposit for 250.00 as it said two fifty and no instead of two hundred and fifty and no, then charged me a late fee. Now, they have suddenly stopped waiving my 5.00 a month on the savings account I have had to have for 7 years because I have Good Sam loan with them. It was set up to waive with an electronic deposit. I make 2 electronic deposits a month. Their whole front page ad is fee waived with any deposit anytime. Still, they charge me 5.00 a month. What a bunch of scam artists!

• Updated by Maria in Montana · Nov 08, 2019

Also, at one point, they changed the PIN on my ATM card. But would not give me my pin. Took me almost a year to be able to access my account!

Nov 01, 2019

Bank Of The West — customer service

The worst customer service EVER and from the branch manager!! As a branch manager, he is suppose to set an...

Oct 22, 2019

Bank Of The West — branches and customer service

On 10/03/2019 I open a new account at 855 W Valley, Alhambra Ca at the branch. I deposit amount $800 my 401 K...

Sep 10, 2019

Bank Of The West — lack of staff to help

Never fails everytime I go to the branch on brookhurst to wire money, there's only one teller working and it...

Aug 17, 2019

Bank Of The West — Fraud checks and victims id

id like to report a person doing fraud and trying to cash fraudelent check on your system the indivdual i...

Bank Of The Westmy checking account

Bank of the West is the worst Company I have ever dealt with. They have taken hundreds of deposits from my boyfriend's employers into my account, but today when we are in a desperate situation after my boyfriend was in a horrible motorcycle accident on Saturday, they refused to deposit his check when he had already left to another state to recover for a couple of months with his family in Nebraska because I work and can not take care of him. I spoke to Ty in the Executive offices and while she was nice, she did not know policy and referred me to the Regional Manager. The Regional Manager refused to deposit the check as well even though they have done this a hundred times and kept saying she understood and I know it's frustrating. Really? She does not understand, what it is like to be without a dime. How can a Company without any warning do something like this and be so uncaring about it as well? The Regional Manager ended with this is not negotiable and we would be happy to mail the check back to you. Well, he is in another state now. So, mailing it to me, then me mailing it to him would take awhile. What kind of a heartless Company could do this to a family when all these other times they had no issue with it? They couldn't deposit this one check to help my family out of this situation and say we will not be able to do it again now that you know? I called back to speak with Ty to see if she could override this Regional Manager as they just told me this "policy" today, but she has not returned my call. If we would have known this "policy", we would have cashed it before he left. Stay away from this bank! Horrible, horrible uncaring people here. You should be ashamed.

• Ga
                        gabriellab5 Jul 17, 2019

One more note: when I called the manager at a denver branch and asked for the most efficient way to close my account, a month ago, she told me I had to go back to the original bank where I opened my account. This is not true, I found out - so she did not wish to assist me. Go figure

• Ga
                        gabriellab5 Jul 17, 2019

I just saw your comment. I have been a Bank of the West customer for more than 20 years, and have been consistently dissatisfied. I do not want my bank to take money out of my account without notice, or asking, and dont want to feel stonewalled when I asked a question - which is difficult enough, because hold-times are always greater than usual. I just tried again, and hold times will be 15 minutes. This must be a joke!
                        I also have had an American Express Account for 27 years, and Always feel appreciated, assisted and treated well.
                        So, I do know the difference.

Bank Of The Westdispute a charge w/ representative melissa brown

On 6/11/19 I called to dispute a charge on my account. After staying on hold to speak with someone for 20 minutes finally went thru. The service was in and out on bank of the west's end. The lady could barley hear me. Transferred me elsewhere, spoke to Melissa Brown about disputing a charge. Have done so in the past, no issues with rep or with my account. She made this huge ordeal of my request, needing to close my card out and request a new one with a $25.00 charge. I requested to speak with a supervisor if she is unable to put in my request. She said she can do so, put me on hold for an additional 20/30 minutes. Then stated she was unable to put me with the supervisor and hung up the phone on me. I had to re call the customer service number and start the process from the beginning.
                      On another note, she closed down my card without permission. I had to contact so many people to keep my card from closing. An hr and a half later, I finally got my request.
                      Thank you for wasting my time and energy BOTW Customer Service you really know how to inconvenience your customer base.

Bank Of The Westprovide false statements

I filed a complaint to Consumer Protection Unit in County of Santa Clara about the return check issue. But Bank of the West provided false statements in the reply. "On March 5, 2019, Mr. Cheung spoke with Tina Martinez, Regional Manager/Senior Vice President, regarding the returned item and his interactions with the branch personnel. Ms. Martinez also advised Mr. Cheung that the Bank would not refund the returned item to his account." However, I never discussed "return item" with Tina Martinez.in the letter, Bank of the West wrote "If Mr. Cheung should have any other questions or concerns, please have him contact Ms. Martinez at [protected], Monday through Friday, during normal business hours." When I contacted Tina Martinez, she didn't know anything about that letter. She didn't want to discuss with me and asked someone with the phone number [protected] to call me. But that person didn't understand the situation and argued with me about that letter.

Feb 07, 2019

Bank Of The West — representative claudia and the branch.

I went in to deposit my payroll check, my account was negative because I had a bill hit today too. I asked...

Jan 25, 2019

Bank Of The West — bogus fees and fraudulent activity

I have a few of these so buckle up. Ill start with yesterdays experience. I have several websites that I...