HSBC Credit Cards / credit predators

1 Fontana, CA, United States Review updated:

This company sucks. I had three HSBC credit cards for years and had a zero balance on all of them. I applied for credit with a company that had nothing to do with HSBC or any of their affiliates. Almost simultaneously, I started to receive letters from HSBC stating that they were closing my accounts due to recent credit denial. What's up with that? Did I mention that I did not owe them any money and have never missed a payment or was I ever late. It's almost like they lay in wait and pounce on you like fresh meat!

I don't know which is worse credit card companies jacking up your interest rate if you are late or them just closing your account when you are not. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Comments

• Bi
      23rd of Aug, 2009

HSB has yet another way to charge fees. I was looking at my stmt. and discovered a late fee charge $37, I have never been late and in fact make payments twice a month.
    Called cust. servs. and obviously got someone from Bombay who told me his name was Sean, whatever. I explained I was not late and in fact had paid early. Well he explained, that was the problem. My bill was due on the 8th, I had paid electronically on the 1st. So my payment went to the prior month due to the billing cycle!
    Hows that for a creative late fee? Needless to say I corrected my program to pay exactly on the due date.
    As consumers we are in a tight spot if we close the credit card, It wreaks havoc on the FICA. So we have to put up with this sort of nonsense and loose our ability to push back by, firing them and resfusing to do business with these thieves.
    Al