HSBC Credit Card / wrong debits in my card account

India Review updated:
To
The manager, debt management, consumer credit risk
The hongkong and shanghai banking corporation limited
Card products division, post bag 29128,
52/60, m g road, mumbai - 400001

Dear sir,

Reg : my credit card no – [protected]

I have received a letter from you dated november 7, 2007 threatening me of sending the credit history of my card to cibil and rbi.

While censoring you of not sending this type of letter in future, I write to inform you that the amount mentioned by you in your letter has not arisen out of my purchase and non - payment but for the debits of the annual renewal fees charged by you. please note that at the time of offering the card your marketing team had given me to understand that the card given to me was life time free of charges. however, to my surprise I received a statement from your bank wherein you had charged annual renewal fees. as I have three other platinum cards from three other leading banks of the world I was not interested in continuing your card by paying annual fees. immediately I had communicated my decision to your executives on your phone number [protected] who assured me of doing the needful. during that time I had asked him to incorporate my new address for future communication and that was done by him. please note that my act of communicating new address proves my good intention and this was done after your charging of the annual renewal fees. please also note that I have not used your card after this.

during the last eight months, in spite of my communicating to your executives about my decision of not continuing the card because of the reason mentioned above, I am continuously getting telephone calls and reminders from your office. please note that this is disturbing and breaking my peace of mind particularly when I didn’t want to continue your card and have not sent any request to renew the same. my conversations with your executives may be available from your voice recorder. please note because of your continuous harassment over phone and sending of insulting letters, I can take you to consumer forum and also inform rbi. about the credit history mentioned by you please note that my exceptional credit history can be established from the other three cards possessed by me for the last ten years where there is not a single day default.

Please note that if I don’t get an apology letter from your bank along with a fresh statement after reversing of your wrong charges within next 10 days, for the above action of you and your team, I will be constrained to take up the matter to consumer forum marking a copy to one of the leading news paper of our country.

Sincerely,

Abhijit chatterjee dated : mumbai, december 1, 2007

Comments

Pa
  8th of Apr, 2008
Dear Sir,

I have a HSBC Credit Card no.4476 9212 0165 5804.

Many time I request to customer care executive to dispatch or mail to my statement on time to my mailling address but I do not found statement for till date.

Kindly mail to me my statement on my mailling address pankajtalwar_1979a@rediffmail.com
as soon as posible.