HSBC Card Services / identity protection rip-off
As I bank on line and pay my bills on line, I never look at my credit card statements. Because I know what I buy and I know what my balance is. Recently, I wanted to cancel my Account protection payments. I discovered, along with this monthly fee, I was being billed $9.99 for Identity Theft Protection. I was getting called sometimes 4 times per day and offered this service. I always declined it. When I call the company to complain and cancel the charge, the person I was talking to, kept trying to sell me the product. Finally I demanded to see a signed order form or a voice recording for ordering the product. They pass the buck to HSBC. When I called them and demanded proof, I got the run around and when I demanded to have a voice recording of my ordering th product, they said that they did not have it. When I asked what proof they had of me ordering the Identity Theft protection, I was told that they called me and asked me a personal question, what city I was born in, which is in their data base as one of my secret security questions, and that was the only proof they had.
Total rip-off. They need to be sued!
More HSBC Card Services Complaints & Reviews
- HSBC Retail Services - credit card ripoffs! 
- HSBC UAE - poor service 
- HSBC Credit Card Collection Department - getting regular calls asking for another customer 
- HSBC Malaysia Credit Card - hsbc malaysia customer service for credit card 
- HSBC Credit Card - my application status 
- HSBC Holdings - add on credit card
- HSBC Malaysia - credit card dept
- HSBC Holdings - money I needed to receive 
- HSBC - replacement card issue / dispute card this morning and ask for replacement
- HSBC Dubai - bank