HSBC / overcharged

I was almost done paying of my credit card... I had always mailed my payment the same time for years... but once the balance was almost paid off my payments began to start posting late... and they wouldn't credit them... only half of one... i kept mailing it earlier... and earlier... but for a few months the same thing happened... until i had to start mailing my payments two weeks ahead of time... it was only being mailed to the city of industry... which is only about 20 minutes from where i live... this is so obvious... they need to be stopped... they made and extra $90 or so off of me before i left them... they are so crooked and they know what they are doing.

Va

Comments

Di
  15th of Jan, 2009

I am a victim of identity theft closed my acct 3/2008 my limit was $300. I requested all documentation including charges, where they were made and my signature three times they sent me garbage showing I owe $497. then another $600 now another $803.00 they still have not sent me anything showing my signature or where charges were made. They are known for ripping people off, I wander how they get away with this? Orchard is also known as HSBC.

Po
  23rd of Feb, 2009

As I do from time to time, I checked the position of my HSBC - Mastercard to ensure everything was up to date and in good standing as I have kept it since opening this account. I came to find out that my credit limit was slashed by nearly $3400! No justification was given but for that it was a business decision by HSBC after a review of their customer base and accounts. I am not unsophisticated nor naive to think this could not have happened to me, since I have heard warnings from various news sources that this could happen at any moment, to anyone. But even to someone who consistently keeps his account up to date, paying the account in full every month?

HSBC, through the economic turmoil that is enveloping the U.S., if not the world, has seen its market capitalization decrease significantly since 2007 when it was nearly on par with Citigroup. However, it still remains one of the largest, if not the largest, banks in the world! So, in addition to my question above, if HSBC is doing this, are the others not far behind? In fact, the only surprise to me in all of this really is that others have not done similar already.

But this cannot be the way. The consumer has made some mistakes I am sure, as have the banks. But the banks cannot get the bailouts on some contrived notion that without them, this economy fails while the consumer not only receives no bail out at all but is increasingly burdened with a lack of credit. With the banks, the economy failed and now as we the people are trying help them, they are failing the very consumer that got them where they were and are helping them get out of where they are.

If this is a business decision, then it should be the people's decision to let them fail, go bankrupt and disappear. If they will not lend nor provide credit, what do we need them for? Sympathy they will not give.

Em
  19th of Mar, 2009

I had gotten this card one month prior to my wedding in 2007, so I've had it about 2 years now. I just seen a few short weeks ago that my credit limit was reduced on this card from $7000 to $3600 and without notice! Aren't they required by federal law to notify the customer of impending changes to a credit limit/interest BEFORE they actually do it? This is an outrage! This all began about two statements ago I noticed that HSBC reduced my cash advance limit from $3500 to $1300, first. I wondered why that was? Then the last statement I received I saw the credit limit reduction and my mouth just dropped. This puts me about $400 shy of maxing out my credit card! I am so angered by this because I've worked very hard to get my FICO score just in the high 600's. (I used to have bad credit, so this is a BIG deal for me). Now it's messed up again. My husband and I can forget about refinancing our house for while because of these idiots. Once this card is paid off, I will NEVER do business with HSBC ever again- if they are even in business a year from now.

Iz
  22nd of Apr, 2009

Man all you people are so dumb don't you relize everyones credit limits are being vut...look around they are just covering there a$$..yeah it sucks but they felt you were a risk of defaulting and they did not want you to max out before you decided not to pay

Ru
  12th of Sep, 2009

I filed my taxes this year and when I requested a RAL I was denied by this bank because my husband owed a fee to them way back in 2004. Come to find out this fee was charged off in 2005. If a fee was assessed, he was never notified. When I spoke to the representative on the phone she told me the notice was sent to an address I had never lived at, and my husband had never lived at. Then I found out that this fee ($49) was included in a bankruptcy also. Long story short, the bank just flat out denied our RAL for no apparent LEGITIMATE reason. The rep told us we should get our check (sent to the tax preparer) in one week. We'll see!! Sounds to me like they just flat out deny everyone for any reason, even if they have to pull one out of their @*#, and then they charge you for it.

Co
  28th of Dec, 2011

I also have sent my moms Payments and have been told they cannot apply the payment - We started to do the payments online and that is when H--- broke loose, payments were not posting they were sending money back - we were overcharged a hugh amount for non payment. Very Very odd. So we have gone back to re-sending this in the mail.