H&R Block / not honoring appointment

1 Kendall Drive and 117 ave.Miami, FL, United States Review updated:

Being a long time customer I know that getting an appointment is the best way to go to be able to get your taxes done in a timely manner. I was given an appointment for 7:00 pm last night Feb 16, 2010. I arrived at 6:45 because I left home early because of traffic.
The person who I was schedule to do the taxes with took someone in just minutes before I got there. It was 7:45 and the receptionist kept telling me it was only a few more minutes. The tax preparer never came out to apologize for me having to wait. After more than an hour of wating, I had enough and left. I am never going back to H&R Block. It is obvious that my time is not important to them.

Comments

• Te
      18th of Feb, 2010

Have you never been do a doctor's office and been made to wait? A dentist's office? The DMV? I see, only H & R Block is worthy of your scorn. We are just as suceptible to having late clients throw our schedules off as any other service is, in case you were not aware of that. If we had told that other client to hit the door because of another appointment, then I imagine they'd be here complaining that we were rude to them and disrespected their time.

Sometimes you cannot win.

• Ta
      24th of Mar, 2010

When it comes to appointments, this year has been no win for the Tax Pros. Appointments were
    made last year at the behest of management who increasingly have zero experience preparing taxes. Don't get me started on that topic. Then clients like you Hector, make a "real" appointment and the Tax Pros can't tell if you made your appointment this year or last year, so instead of waiting around to see if you will show up they take the next walk-in client. Yes, it sucks for you but I work on straight commission and can not afford to just come in and hope and pray everyone with an appointment will show up as scheduled. Your time is important to me, but not as important as my time. At this point in the season, I am aware of only one person that kept the appointment I scheduled for them last year. That is one out of more than 200. In my opinion scheduling appointments one year in advance has been a colossal failure. Will H&R Block lose clients over this issue, yes they will. Will management recognize this and correct the situation, well let's just say I will not be holding my breath.

With that said, everyone in my office is doing their level best to NOT schedule appointments for next year. I have been 97.5% successful in this endeavor. If I see your name on the schedule next year I will have a much higher degree of confidence that you will in fact be coming in and maybe this year's favorite question, "Is that a real appointment?" will be a thing of the past.

One more thing. The Office Leader/Manager should have apologized to you for your wait. Your Tax Pro probably never knew you were there.