OMNI Financial Services Logo

OMNI Financial Services

Having problems with OMNI Financial Services?

OMNI Financial Services Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with OMNI Financial Services Customer Service. Initial OMNI Financial Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for OMNI Financial Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about OMNI Financial Services. Discuss the issues you have had with OMNI Financial Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Omni Financial Servicessatisfaction for money spent

I don't want to be that negative person but I have to say I am very dissatisfied with OMNI. I was told when I started with them that if I was not satisfied with their services I would get a full refund. Well when I started with them I already had a payment plan set up with both my state and federal taxes. I asked Omni if they could reduce my penalties and fees since they were in place. They told me it would not be an issue and they all but guaranteed as this was their specialty. I have to admit they stayed in constant communication with me and to all they were doing with my case…but…..when I told them there was no need to do discovery they said it wasn't an issue and it was part of the process. Once all was said and done I received an itemized bill from them stating they had spent all the money I'd given them on the discovery of payments plans that were already in place and they would need more money if I wanted them to do an abatement on the penalities and fees and that would be another $1500. I gave them a call and it just so happened the person I was working with quit that same week and I was transferred to someone else who wasn't familiar with my case. She basically explained to me the cost would be the same whether I had plans in place or not and the abatement is extra. I explained to her that's not what I was told….because why would I pay someone to do something I had already done? I wont call them scam artists…they just aren't very upfront with their fees or schedules. Why would I pay someone to do what I had already done?

Omni FinancialPhone harassment

Omni financial calls several times a day. I have told them to take us off their call list and was told " they absolutely would not". They are very rude. This is no way to conduct a business. If I treated my customers this way I would be out of business.

• Ps
        [email protected] May 01, 2013

The solution to this is very simple. Just register your phone # with the national do not call registry. Then you may prosecute them if they call again.

• Well, unfortunately OMNI is not a debt collector so the FDCPA does not apply. The recommendation about the DNC list is your best bet. Unfortunately, phone solicitations are fair game outside the DNC list. Also, should you decide to record, keep in mind that the State of Florida is a two-party consent state, which means you must notify the caller that the call is being recorded. Be careful with that one. Good luck!

Omni Financial Services — Civil Lawsuit

The following is the website to the Attorney General of Florida which states that Omni Financial has a...

Omni Financial — doctore documents, Power of Attorneys, 8841 and then some

I was hired by this company and lasted 6 hours on the first day of training. They stated I was to detail...

Omni FinancialAwful Greedy People!

Found this article online! I can assure you this is how it is considering I have worked for this company!

• Om
          OMNI SCAM! Dec 17, 2011

The following is the article from above. I have copied and pasted due to the website being down from time to time! PLEASE READ THIS!!! THIS IS THE TRUTH ON HOW THIS COMPANY WORKS!!!
          The Following Story is from Associated Content and brought to you by 1st American Law Center

I wrote this piece to inform anyone who has a tax liability or problem. If you have been contacted by a firm that tells you they can help with your tax or creditor problems, I strongly advise you be cautious of them. The tax/debt turn around firms as they call themselves are not all that they appear to be. The only thing that they care about is the money; they have no care or regard for you or your tax problem. Anything that they can do, you can actually do for yourself with little to no cost. So how does it all work you ask?

If you have State or Federal liability, they locate you through public lien notices. They also check the courts to obtain information regarding recently filed liens. Then several organizations may begin contacting you, because the information is public they will aggressively pursue you. After all it's truly a competition about who can catch the most clients and make the most money. It was not uncommon that even after clients signed on with these organizations that they will keep contacting you to retain their services.

The organizations I will be discussing in this article are the ones located here in Colorado and Florida offices and use the name Omni Financial or Sierra Financial Services. The information I am providing is first hand as a former employee there for over a year. I should start by saying that the attorney I worked for was an exception to this story; he worked hard and genuinely wanted to help people. Many of the people who worked there were good people but the management is seriously corrupt.

It's hard to decide where to begin with this tale of corruption. First you have the owner Matt Mulligan who had finally settled a large lawsuit last year in his Florida office for not paying the employees for overtime. Matt Mulligan also owns a business called EZ Tax which I also highly recommend that you avoid at all costs. Instead take your taxes to a reputable CPA or firm. They will pull tactics on your taxes that will cause you more problems in the long run, but will also cost you a small fortune. I had clients who were quoted over $2, 000 to file previous tax returns. Matt Mulligan is only concerned about the money, he has no concern about actually helping people, as the story progresses you will understand why I say this.

The biggest issue and why Omni Financial has so many problems is the excessive turn over rate. The paralegals are paid ridiculously low wages and the morale in this office is disgusting. Most of the employees walk on eggshells for fear of being fired or having their comments reported back to the upper management. People spend their lunches and other free time looking for other jobs. The first week I was there, three people quit without notice. The job is high stress with very few rewards. For those who they didn't like or fit their submissive mold, they found creative ways to push them out the door. Especially women who went out for maternity leave.

The main reason I quit was due to the legal and ethical issues with this organization. The first day I was there, I was introduced to the “arts and crafts” or “cut and paste” portion of the job. This is where we have to create power of attorney documents with a signature provided by the client and a formatted power of attorney on our computer. Basically we print out the correct forms and then cut the signature from the signed page provided by the client and tape it to the correct document and make a photocopy. The tape doesn't show up so you have a copy that looks legitimate. However because the clients permission was never obtained this is forgery. This wasn't the only thing that they used this method on. They would falsify financials with “Frankenstein” signatures which are doctored signatures. We were also told to make the financials realistic. Many times we didn't even use the information provided by the client because they either made too much money or the numbers and documents were too suspicious to provide to the IRS or State Taxing authorities.

I have several friends who have worked for other organizations and claim to experience the same kinds of treatment at all of these tax turn around services. It just gets worse; I seen first hand people drain their bank accounts to pay for work that they thought was being done. These organizations prey upon vulnerable people who are worried about dealing with the taxing authorities. There are obviously some cases in which an attorney is advisable but under no circumstance should you keep paying if you never see any results.

When the money stops coming in, the work on your file will cease. The attorney and paralegals will not do anything, make phone calls or stop any pending action against you. I understand that people deserve to be paid for their work, but the billing system is outrageous. They bill you for the rate of the paralegal at $50.00 per hour, which is laughable because the paralegals only make $13.00 an hour. They will also bill you for $125.00 and hour for the attorney fees but the attorneys no way shape or form make that much. They are base salaried with commission on all the money that they bring in. They also add administrative fees of $15.00 per hour multiplied by all the hours that they have worked on your file. So if you have been billed for 37 hours you just got double billed. Cha -ching into Matt Mulligan's pockets! If you cant pay, they may or may not work with you on how you intend on paying by check, wire or credit card, but if you do not pay your file will be closed and you will be back to square one.

When the attorneys were not able to meet their monthly goals, the top management staff would encourage them to bill the clients down or what they like to call burning up their retainer. This was readily available to decide who needed to be re-written for a retainer update, or burned and closed. If you think having your file closed will save you any money think again! This also costs you about $50 dollars an hour plus, plus, plus! It doesn't end you will be milked out of every penny you have in your retainer and they will expect more even after the file is closed.

The goal for the attorney's ranges from ten thousand to thirty thousand dollars a month. This is no small feat. Even if the files are not being generated to produce new leads the attorneys are expected to pull this money from somewhere or they don't get paid beyond their small base of $16.00 an hour. If the attorneys do not make what they call “goal” for more than 2 months in a row they were either screamed at, and harassed, fired or both.

The best thing you can do if you are in this situation is to contact the taxing authorities, or an attorney who specializes in tax law. These organizations claim to hire tax professionals and tax attorneys but many do not. They are usually newly graduated attorneys who need jobs and take the first thing that comes along. Most have never even dealt with the IRS or State Taxing authorities. It is also important to know that you may be able to work out a deal with the IRS. Of course it will take work on your part, but you may be able to arrange a workable arrangement and save yourself thousands in the process. The other way to find out what you're getting involved in is to check the Better Business Bureau, and even Google the company name. If there is anything bad about that business you are sure to find it. Protect yourself, and does the research to find out who you are really dealing with.

I am speaking about Omni Financial and Sierra Financial Services, and EZ Tax located in Broomfield Colorado, and Florida, and St. Louis.

More info on 1st American Law Center can be found on our main site!

• Ca
          catmd Jan 05, 2013

NO DOUBT you are telling it like it is. Thank you.

Omni Financial ServicesFraud

I sent $675 via Money Gram plus cost ($45.84) for an insurance deposit for a loan I was to acquire. After sending the money, I was informed that I needed to send $775 more. I didn't have the additional monies and the represenative, Jennifer something, told me she would electronic deposit my $720.84 into my account on 4/27. As of 4/30, I have not seen this happen. I have called Omni Financial at least two times daily with no success. I do not get to talk to a live person.

• Sp
            Sppeedy Oct 30, 2009

I sent $675 via Money Gram plus cost ($45.84) for an insurance deposit for a loan I was to acquire. After sending the money, I was informed that I needed to send $775 more. I didn't have the additional monies and the representative, Jennifer something, told me she would electronic deposit my $720.84 into my account on 4/27. As of 4/30, I have not seen this happen. I have called Omni Financial at least two times daily with no success. I do not get to talk to a live person.

• Oz
            ozark Nov 04, 2009

Like others have reported, Omni took an initial retainer from my aged parents with the promise of working with the IRS to get an abatement of penalties on their tax debt. They owed the IRS about $30, 000. After 3 years and endless demands for more money, Omni has achieved NOTHING except to cost my parents the $15, 000 that OMNI has charged.
            My parents have steadily paid the IRS AND OMNI, and now owe the IRS about $15, 000. If they had not paid OMNI to help them, they would have paid off their debt by now. Instead, they ended up still owing the IRS the full $30, 000 and another $15, 000 to OMNI. OMNI regularly calls to harass them for more money, and sends bills filled with charges for phone calls that accomplish nothing. My advice would be to steer a wide berth around this company--they appear to have discovered a way to make money from doing nothing.

• Co
            ConsumerAdvocateinDC Feb 03, 2010

You should try and get the $15K back. Depending on the age of your parents this could fall into an area of new law referred to as elder scamming. The state attorney general does not like the scamming of the elderly.

• I am writing to ask that all people who were treated wrong by omni finanacial services to please contact me, and lets do something about these unfair practices and put a stop to bait and run techniques, or in my opinion deceptive practices that americans should not have to put up and wont

Omni Financial — Criminals

If you are a current client or have been a former client of Omni Financial do yourselves a favor and visit...

Omni Financial — Deceptive

If you are a current client of Omni Financial and continue to send in additional retainer to continue work on...

Omni FinancialLessons Learned, NEVER again

Certainly thought they would make things better, at least they talk a very good game. I owe about $14, 000 which once is paid off, will include interest and penalities. Before Omni Financial (OF), I agreed to pay the state of Wisconsin $600.00 dollars a month, which hasn't been a problem.
          Along comes OF giving the song and dance, that the $600.00 is alot of money, and they could get that lowered due to the fact that my overall bill will include penalities and interest, which they could get eliminated. I paid $1200.00 dollars to OF, and they did temporarily stop my payment that was due with the state. I provided them a post dated check that was cashed early by the way. This post dated check was supposed to give me time to check them out to make sure they were legitimate.
          In the meantime, I was also owed money from another state that I have been trying to get resolved for a few years. The state of Illinois owes me about $2200. It's been a nightmare trying to first, get a hold of someone, and second, getting them to respond. I've sent my revised taxes several times, and everytime I get a hold of someone, I get "nothing has been entered in the system", or "can you resend them" to this place, or that place. We're talking about the year of 2007, so as you can imagine, the statue of limitation will come into play when a state owes you money. About six months ago, I threw my hands up in the air, and was like, I'm not going to bother, I'm done. Well, this was great news to OF, in my opinion. They wanted me to continue to try and get this money from the State Illinois (OF contacted them as well), while they would continue to work with the state of Wisconsin to get my pay lowered. Keep in mind, I had to send my revised tax information(I have to do the leg work on this) to Illinois, who I've been dealing with for a few years already, so I know this is going to be a problem.
          After several weeks of being told pretty much nothing(OF did reach out to the State of Wisconsin informing them that more time was needed), I was informed that an additional $1000.00 was needed in order for OF to continue their work. Of course this didn't sit well with me, so I fired off a letter to OF and asked, can you get my bill lowered, yes or no? The answer was no, because based on my income and my bills, I could afford the $600.00 monthly payment. According to an assistant of the guy I was working with at OF, the states and OF use the same guidelines for trying to work out a payment plan. So long story short, I paid OF $1200.00 and didn't have to pay the state of Wisconsin for the months of April and May, which would've been $1200.00 for those two months. The $600.00 payment resumed in June, and I still have the same interest and penalities that have been assessed, and that will accrue once I'm done paying.
          So you be the judge? Had I not asked if they could get my pay lowered, I have a sneaky suspicion that every six to eight weeks I would've continued to get a letter informing me that I need to pay an additional $1000, or some other amount, for them to continue their work. And I will be calling the Attorney General's office in West Palm Beach at the number provided [protected]) in this thread. If nothing else, it will be another complaint.

Omni Financial — Took my money and ran

I contacted Omni for help. They had to have a deposit of $5, 000.00 and said that my tax problems would be...

Omni Financial/Omni Consumer Tax, Inc. — Fraud/Scam

I am also a former employee of Omni and found myself immersed in one of the worst working environments I have...

Omni Financial — Complete Criminals

I am a victim of Omni Financial like many others on this site. Something must be done and I believe now i...

Omni Financial — scam/fraud

Omni contacted me several times soliciting their tax lien assistance. They made several promises and followed...

Omni Financial — Phone Harrassment

I have been contacted by Omni Financial several times even when asking not to call my company anymore. I have...

Omni Financial — Tax resolution

I am so stupid. Omni financial approached me when I was scared out of my mind because the IRS had placed a...

Omni Financialfraud

My husband and I hired Omni Financial to take care of our ongoing tax issues. My husband had his wages levied and we turned to them for help. They asked for a payment of $5000 in 2 installments of $2500. They sent us all the paperwork for us to sign and we were working with them on our issue. We were told the levy would be released in a week or so. Well we worked with them for about 2 months and come to find out from the IRS they did not hand things in on a timely mAtter so therfore our account was denied with the appeal and the levy remained on his pay. They are a scam and just want to take your money and not do anything about your tax issues. I do not recommened anyone to use this comapny as they will take your money and run. We have contacted the IRS ourselves and have made out better and found out that things we sent Omni in the past that they said they needed were not sent to the IRS. So basically I guess they kept all of it for their own records to make us believe they were working on it. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!!

• Ta
                tax help May 28, 2010

I have worked for several of these companies over the past ten years and have the inside scoop on all the major tax resolution companies in Colorado. I am currently working with several state AG's and have shared my stories with a Federal Marshall.

For the 411 on these companies: http://taxresolutionincolorado.blogspot.com/2010/05/blowing-whistle-on-colorado-tax.html

If you need any additional information on these companies I'd be more than happy to tell you the truth. My email is [email protected]

Omni Financial — Response

I am the Customer Service Manager at Omni Financial in Vero Beach, FL. If you are a past or present client...

Omni Financial — Fraudsters and cheaters

I hired Omni Financial to work on abatement of penalties and/or interest with the IRS. My $3, 500 retainer...

Omni Financial — Tax Solution Results FRAUD

I have lost a lot of money that could have been paid to the IRS...PLEASE do not fall for their convincing...

Omni Financial — rip off

Believed I was fraudulently induced and baited into their services to help me take care of some IRS problem...