H&R Block Emerald Card / h&r block are liars!

We have been trying to get our $400 back from these jerks for over a week now. We have been lied to and just want our money back! We tried to place an order online for $400 for our son for a pocketbike. The order did not go thru because the vendor did not have the item in stock. Well H&R Block kept telling us to wait 24 hours for the money to be put back on the card. Then they tell us that we have to contact the vendor and have them send a fax saying it's ok to release the money to them. The vendor will not do that because the order never went thru because they didn't have the item in, therefore they can't release money they never had Every time we call customer service we talk to someone that can't speak English. I am so sick of calling them and getting the run-around. All we want is our son's $400 back that he worked hard to save up! Do not ever get one of these cards!

Ho

Comments

• Di
      20th of Jan, 2011

I ran into this one time with my Emerald Card, I paid for a baseball registration $150 online and something went wrong and they payment did not go through, but $150 "hold" was put on my card. I called Emerald Card people and they faxed a paper over to the baseball league to verify that the transaction had been cancelled and the funds were no longer needed and it was OK to release the funds, I received the money back in 3 business days.

• Ta
      4th of Mar, 2011

I have been using an emerald card for five years and all of a sudden this yr I go to an atm machine and try to withdrawl 400 but I only got 100 I sent in all of my paper work to the dispute company and a week later they gave me the 300 that was owed to me. A week later my account is negative and when I call they give me the run around for 2 hrs!! And they tell me I was only shirted 40 dollars, which is incorrect, mist if not all of us count our money after it is withdrawled from an atm now they are taking money from my paychecks and I am unsure of what to do now since I have never dealt with this sort of problem. I just want my money from them