H&R Block / do not use if military! no rebate for us!
My husband was deployed last year so for us to qualify for the stimulus rebate the non taxable combat pay must be on the 1040. Well HR block didn't do that. So when we thought we'd get come extra money...we didn't. Non-taxable combat counts towards income for the rebate. So after sitting on hold for hours with the IRS, I found out I needed it amended the 1040X. Then we could get the rebate as a credit next year!
So I go to HR Block to get it done. This hag tells me it won't do any good. She calls the IRS herself, which has a min. of 1 hour hold time. She has me hold the phone waiting for someone to pick up. She filled out the form then took the phone from me and hung it up! I sat there for 15 mins holding her phone for her for nothing. Now I have to wait a year because HR Block didn't put a number on my return!
I've heard from others including an IRS employee that we should still get the rebate. Why the *** can't people just do their job and actually know what the *** is going on. When you pay for a service you expect to get what you pay for.
Do not use HR Block. These people have no idea what they are doing!!
More H&R Block Complaints & Reviews
- H & R Block - tax refund scam! 
- H&R Block - emerald advance 
- H&R Block Tax Course - tax course 
- H&R Block Emerald Card - economic relief check scam 
- H & R Block - h & r block is a nightmare! 
- H&R Block / HRB Digital - taxes
- H&R Block / HRB Digital - a dispute with h& r block and last year of filling taxes with them.
- H&R Block / HRB Digital - service
- H&R Block / HRB Digital - tax professional
- H&R Block / HRB Digital - extension for small family trust