The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

H&R Block / do not use if military! no rebate for us!

1 United States Review updated:
Contact information:

My husband was deployed last year so for us to qualify for the stimulus rebate the non taxable combat pay must be on the 1040. Well HR block didn't do that. So when we thought we'd get come extra money...we didn't. Non-taxable combat counts towards income for the rebate. So after sitting on hold for hours with the IRS, I found out I needed it amended the 1040X. Then we could get the rebate as a credit next year!

So I go to HR Block to get it done. This hag tells me it won't do any good. She calls the IRS herself, which has a min. of 1 hour hold time. She has me hold the phone waiting for someone to pick up. She filled out the form then took the phone from me and hung it up! I sat there for 15 mins holding her phone for her for nothing. Now I have to wait a year because HR Block didn't put a number on my return!

I've heard from others including an IRS employee that we should still get the rebate. Why the *** can't people just do their job and actually know what the *** is going on. When you pay for a service you expect to get what you pay for.

Do not use HR Block. These people have no idea what they are doing!!

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • Mi
      28th of May, 2008
    0 Votes

    Was the non taxable combat pay your only source of income? You qualify for the rebate if you have at least $3000 of income, but you don't get any more regardless of your income. As a matter of fact, if your income is too high, your rebate actually gets reduced. If you had $3000 of other source income (did you have a job?) then you will get a stimulus rebate regardless of your combat income being left off the return. Maybe it just hasn't been processed yet. Many of the rebates will go out in June and July. If you didn't have any other income, it perplexes me as to why you were filing a tax return.

  • Ss
      25th of Sep, 2008
    0 Votes

    So, you include not taxable combat pay, making it taxable, pay the tax, to get the refund? If you wait til O8 you get the rebate, with out having to pay any extra tax.

Post your comment