H&R Block / two state income taxes filed incorrectly
Twice, HR Block incorrectly prepared and electronically filed my Maryland state income taxes. One state income tax was incorrectly prepared and filed by a HR Block senior tax consultant. Because of HR Blocks incorrect state tax preparation and filing I lost two state refunds.
HR Block is mum on this issue. I have tried, but found it impossible to have a simple conversation with anyone from HR Block to resolve this matter.
Therefore, I have contacted the Maryland State Comptrollers office, the State of Maryland Pension agency, our local TV investigative reporters and a lawyer. In conversation with these offices and in checking the paper work, all say HR Block indeed twice prepared and filed incorrect Maryland state income tax forms and I am due two refunds. My lawyer said the HR Block Piece of Mind policy has no standing in this matter.
HR Block advertises the following on their web site and yet I can not get them to review their own work. HR Block, if I pay the $29.00 will you review your own paper work?
H&R Block Second Look® Offer - only $29*
Your taxes are done. Were they done right? You've got people to make sure. Let H&R Block review your tax return, no matter who prepared it, for only $29*.
Last year, we found errors on 87% of all the returns that were brought to us for a Second Look® review. Those who expected a refund and refilled with us received, on average, an additional $1, 300*.
More H&R Block Complaints & Reviews
- H & R Block - tax refund scam! 
- H&R Block - emerald advance 
- H&R Block Tax Course - tax course 
- H&R Block Emerald Card - economic relief check scam 
- H & R Block - h & r block is a nightmare! 
- H&R Block / HRB Digital - tax preparer
- H&R Block / HRB Digital - taxes
- H&R Block / HRB Digital - a dispute with h& r block and last year of filling taxes with them.
- H&R Block / HRB Digital - service
- H&R Block / HRB Digital - tax professional