H&R Block / these guy are total jokes

1 United States

I went into H&R Block and the first blockhead said he didn't know how to file the 1040X amended return for the first time home buyer's credit. He recommended coming back to see another agent. Not only did the rep fill out the form incorrectly she also said nothing else needed to be mailed to the IRS. Turns out we needed to submit some paperwork from the closing.

Not sending the paper work delayed us finding out that the rep error-ed on half of the lines. So after being read the riot act they agreed to resubmit the form with corrections, even had a manager make the corrections, and refund our filling fees.

So the IRS sent the form back again because the royally messed up again. I called the 1-800-HR-Block and they opened a case and said that it would be no more than 6 days before the district manager called.

On the 10th day of waiting I called back to see what the deal was. Apparently they had closed the case because I didn't answer the phone. Of course they took my number down incorrectly.

Can't file tax returns or even take down a 10 digit number correctly. We have still not heard from them but we have found out from the IRS how to fix it. We will have to wait another 12 weeks.

In total we will have had to wait 10 months for an amended return.

Ki