H&R Block / messed up our 2010 taxes

Arlington, TX, United States Review updated:

My husband and I has used H&R Block for the past 10 years (Married filing separate). When we filed our 2010 taxes, the guy went in my file and deleted my husband from my record filing me HOH submitted my paperwork. Then he filed my husband as Single – with me sitting right next to him submitted the paperwork. Now we have to pay back what we got in our return.

In the 10 years that we have used H&R Block we never had to review the paperwork before signing it because it has always been correct, but this year it’s a different story.

We will NEVER use H&R Block again --- I believe that this was a Malicious Act, why would someone go in and change the status from the same data that has been used for the last 10 years.

Comments

• Wv
      Aug 15, 2011

To get HOH status you have to meet a requirement. You would only be paying back to the IRS if you failed to meet that requirement. Why in the world would you want MFS when it's the worst filing status unless you have to use it. You can ammend to MFJ. In most cases it's a much better option.