Hp Dv9408ca / horrible customer service + computer

ontarioPickering, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: -
purchased the HP Pavillion dv9408ca from futureshop on nov15th, 2007

nov 18th, 2008 in the middle of my school semester (college) my screen broke, another person in my class with the exact same model of my laptop had the EXACT same problem literall 1-2 weeks after warranty!

HP said too bad basically and said I would have to pay $400.00+Shipping for a new one.

would you not be extremely angry?

I bought a Toshiba Satellite to replace that piece of crap and this one is much nicer and better quality / built
Ca

Comments

Ma
  26th of Mar, 2009
Had you called HP service is Markham, they would have repaired your laptop free of charge. How do I know this? The same thing happened to me. Apparently there was a batch of bad capacitors which affected many laptop motherboards, HP included. I have a dead MOBO on an Asus desktop as well. You can see the caps all bulged on the tops, instead of flat. All that Futureshop and Best Buy are half the time is, salespeople. I think that's why I went to Apple Mac. I deal with Apple people not some other reseller. My two cents for what it's worth.

Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company Logo Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company
Overall Satisfaction Rating