HP / scam and cheating!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I bought Compaq laptop (windows vista) at end of Oct 2007 -- not top of the line but what could afford at the time. Its a little rough but functionable. The real big problems began when I needed a new printer and chose HP Photosmart C4200 All-in-one system (again due to financial short comings). After a couple of weeks of trouble free works, it started pumping out a 'new copy' of the printer. The first time, I thought it was an 'update' type system working. After a couple more times of this, I started being concerned as that I now had multiple printer copies on my laptop. In a month's time, it has managed to install 18 copies of itself on the laptop. Part of the time I can not even get the copier to work with even redirecting it to the 'proper' copy of the printer. This causes great problems with my children's school work and my use because it is not dependable in the least.

I initially contacted HP via email at the onset and received a generated customer survey only after a week. I gave HP failed marks and asked to be contacted because of my existing problem had not been addressed. I was sent a second customer standardized form asking why the low marks. I filled out the reply and again asked to be contacted. Again, No contact from HP. I have tried the home page for HP -- they do not like the serial number provide and I can not proceed with the standard fill in form because it rejects the serial number. One would suppose, since I registered the product that that would be in their system files.

I do not have the hours to stay connected on the telephone line to receive help... after a half hour of waiting, I realized I could be there hours and still not have my problem resolved. I truly can not hold on the line for extended periods of time with children, animals, work, and life in general happening.
At this point, I believe HP to be a rip off company because they do not make an attempt to contact consumer's problems. I have resigned myself to the fact that this printer (and even the laptop) system I am currently using is on its way down, it was a bad choice, and a waste of money. I do not believe that HP has any intentions of even suppling tech support. With the help of HP, I am on my way to being a convert! I am turning away from all Hp products and turning towards APPLE more and more. People I know that have HPs are all having problems with their products and support while strangely (or not!) my friends with Apple computers/ non HP are trouble free. I do not believe this to be coincident.

Comments

• Mr
      19th of Aug, 2008

HP and their "rebate" is a big scam. I bought an HP Computer and Staples offered me a free HP D 1455 Inkjet. Well "free" - they told me that I first have to buy it and then would get a Mail-In-Rebate. I followed all the instructions absolutely precisely as they were printed. Guess what - I never got the mail-in- rebate. In addition to that I also never received the $50 mail-in-rebate for the computer. HP sent me 2 letters, telling me that I did not had the right serial numbers and that the other rebate has already been expired. LIARS. Check the Internet - are all the other people which complaint stupid too or what. Stay away from HP. This company has no ethic and no pride!!!

• Sh
      26th of Mar, 2009

My Mompurchased a computer from HP in the fall of 2007. After one month, it quit working. She winters in the US (she is from Canada) and when she called they told her she had to ship in back from Canada. She had to wait until she returned home in April 2008. The computer was returned to her in the spring. This winter it broke down again. When she called HP, it was discovered by the serial numbers that they had returned the wrong computer to her. They will do nothing about it -even though her computer was a more expensive model. Basically they are telling her that even though we stole your computer and gave you an inferior replacement, you're out of luck. They refuse to find her computer, they refuse to send her another one of the same model -she is stuck with someone else's computer (and they even know whose it is, its registered to a David somebody but they won't even tell her where he is from) Who knows how well this computer was taken care of, why should she be stuck with someone else's less expensive model?
    She has called several times, and I have called for her too -they are completely unsympathetic.
    I can guarantee that we will never buy another HP product again.