Hewlett Packardsupport

J

Contacted Hp support on a printer problems by phone twice, couldn't get anyone who understood or spoke english to any extent. Tried e-mail which has now been on-going for over a month. According to this award winning support operation, my case has been elevated to level-2, the advanced support group, and yet another group, the concerned group (I personally don't think any of these groups even exist, but it keeps in nature with other documented lies they have made). With no help and needing a printer bought a Vista certified brand new officejet 5610 for a project to put out borderless 4x6 prints (which according to their advertising, the printer will print...if you buy their special tabbed photo paper ($22) and the photo ink cartridge ($25). Doesn't work, leaves a 1/4 inch strip of white on the side of the photo. Back to support, no help for over three weeks now. Did finally figure out the fix on the original printer, let them know......and guess what...at least 6 of these highly trained support techs know that the original problem has been fixed (remember they had been working on it for over three weeks) and yet not a single one has inquired as to what the fix is. Also told them it fixed problems with Vista and a few of their other printers. They still haven't shown any interest in the fix.
Also, checked with J.D.Power, who issued this Outstanding support award, it has long expired and they say 'Unfortunately they (HP) still advertises it', they currently have HP rated at Average, and ay they are going to look into the matter (Hooray for J.D.Power) . Am currently recommending that all my clients look into moving to Canon or Epson printers before transitioning to Vista, their support is the worst I've seen in the 28 years I've been in the computer business (yes, even worse than Symantec, which was number one on my list the last few years)

• Id
    idaho gall Mar 14, 2013

I purchased some software. The website said that total would be $21.76 but they billed me $22.29. I know this is no more than $0.53 but when i called to check on it he said their receipt was wrong. (Receipt also said total was $21.76 including tax) but rep on phone said tax was extra. Stated receipt said tax was included. He refused to help further. I want to know if any others out there have been over billed like this. I know it is not much but if they did it to 1000 customers that gives them $53.00 in a week. You know they send out at least that much software a week. And if they do this on other purchases it really adds up for an gouging of their customers by then end of the year. Not to mention it is illegal. If they have done this to you also and you would like to join a class action law suit please comment back on my post.

• Ve
    VeronicaROlson Jul 19, 2012

The battery on my HP Mini 110 netbook had absolutely no problems and held a great charge. After my computer died one night while on battery power, the battery will now no longer charge. Despite multiple efforts disconnecting/reconnecting the battery it will not "charge" for more than a few seconds before again stating "0% available (plugged in, not charging). I doubt I am the only one with this issue since the forum on HP's website for this problem has over 16, 000 views (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Notebook-PC-Questions/HP-MIni-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/496273/page/2) and none of the fixes work.

• Ke
    Kerry Pay Apr 29, 2012

my dv 9000 overheated and I haven't moved for them not to have sent me a warranty card that the motherboard overheats and to bring in. It was 6 months past my 3 year additional warranty and I didn't find out about the problem they had until an authorized small business that fixes HP computers told me about the problem. I am taking them to small claims for not notifying me about the problem and an HP printer I bought that I also bought an extended warranty on that they will not honor this either. They also will not honor the warranty on a new printerhead I just bought and that is bad. Everyone who lives in California needs to file suit in small claims and I wil be doing this. e-mail address [email protected]

• SKOR Apr 23, 2012

Sounds like you downloaded malware. No way a new PC is "lightning fast" for 2 weeks, then begins deleting files and shutting down on its own. Especially not since you admit you bought an online backup service after you restored your 2 week old computer - anyone who doesn't download files would have just sent that PC back for a refund.

• Jd
    jdlmcp Apr 23, 2012

I bought a brand new computer (Hp pavilion hpe). Two weeks into using it (It was lightning fast) my entire my documents disappeared into thin air. Luckily I had backed it up on an external hard drive. So I restored it and bought an online service for double back up. Over the next few weeks it would just randomly shut down, not boot up, etc. After having the computer <6 weeks, I spent 2 hours on the phone with tech taking the computer apart and testing it until they said, send it back. They tried to charge me $50 extra to get it back in two weeks instead of three. Can you believe that? So I get it back; I have to reload every bit of software I bought from them (Office, adobe etc). I have to restore my hard drive from online storage (My docs, pics etc). This takes days. So a few weeks in... This computer doesn't work well. Slow. Freezes all the time. I get black screen when I turn it on, I get black screen with boot disc failure messages. I call them. I'm basically crying as this is paralyzing and they are telling me to bad, so sad, sucks to be you. They don't care. I am past the 30 day period where you can return it. They will stand by their warrantee to fix it until it’s fixed. My time, aggravation, loss of productivity doesn't matter. They don't care. I will never, ever, ever buy an hp product again. They don't care about customer satisfaction or brand loyalty. I warn you... Don't buy it. You'll be throwing out your hard earned money, as well as wasting hours upon hours on the telephone. Oh yah... And I forgot about this. I called to tell them about the computer not working (The second time when they replaced the motherboard and ram) and they promised me they would elevate my request and have a supervisor call me within 24-48 hours. Didn't hear from them, and called them back; they said no call was ever documented... But this one promised she would elevate my request, promised... Told me she totally understands my frustration and it will get elevated and I will be called by a supervisor within 24-48 hours. Guess what? Didn't happen. I called a third time and they gave me a case #... And were basically laughing in my face.

• Ea
    eaterofbirds Mar 24, 2012

Purchased a replacement HP Pavillion (P6-2033w) tower after a power outage/surge took out an older machine. The place of purchase has a 15 day return policy.

20 days into the new machine..been turned on 4 times at this point. The machine will not boot up windows software and the fans continue to run until secondary cooling fans fire up. Burning smell. Called after purchase HP customer service. It's...wait for it..in India..go figure. Couldn't even communicate the issue and spelling of my name, etc. Got very frustrated as they continued to call me by the wrong name, wrong compute id, etc..asked to escalate to a manager/supervisor after 2 1/2 hours on phone in the middle of the night.

Actually got someone that said the matter would be taken care of, NO MATTER WHAT. She understood my frustration and promised to take the pc back for replacement.

This never happened, as the channels broke down and was never able to talk the same person twice.

After hours of going no where..found a number online that got me the HP headquarters in California. Got misdirected (go figure?) to the laptop division, but did speak to someone in charge there who suggested the tower did need to be replaced also, but could not initiate the process as he was in a different division.

Once again, new case manager installed into process (about 2 weeks in) and get call back insisting the machine be brought somewhere for repairs and 'that I may be responsible for repair/shipping charges" and once I sent it, I was signing off any rights. This shoudve ended with me taking them to small claims, as I would not sign off on anything. A 20 day old computer, new in the box, and the company would not stand behind it, honor anything but a repair with possible expenses, with a turnaround time of 10-14 days, all of which I found unacceptable. I asked ifg I could speak with anyone else when offered these ultimatums. I could not and the woman (Jodi) was very blunt and would not bend. After 2 1/2 weeks, timeless hours spent on the phone..I decided enough was enough and placed the tower in the car, brought i down to the landfill and slammed it down on the pavement to vent..kicked the pile together and left where electronics were recycled. I then offered Jodi pictures of my trip to the landfill...she did not respond.

Take this as a warning..post sale customer service is bordering on non existent and a horrifying experience all around. Never again, and have 3 HP purchases in the past (not including printers, accessories)

Not worth the hassle..

• Na
    natur Dec 07, 2011

Saturday, 10/01/2017. Less than a month ago, I ordered a battery from hp and when I tried the new battery it did not work. So, I call hp then they said, “You need an adapter.” It took over 35 minutes for hp to process that new order for an adapter. To make things worst, today hp sent me the wrong adapter. Why did your worker did not take the time to match a single part with one product. Hp sent me a car adater instead of a wall socket apdapter.

As I called hp. hp told me we do not have that adapter you need in stock. Then they said you need to be at home on Monday from 8am – 5pm for Fedex to pick up the car adapter we sent you. Then they gave a number to hp’s part store and said call them on Monday. This is service I get for being over 10 years loyal hp customer. I promise you I will never buy another laptop, desktop, printer, stock or any other thing from hp.

I was told by hp rep. that after Fedex pick up the wrong adapter I would be given a refund but today, Fedex was clueless to that and said they have nothing to do with that.

• Ku
    Kuba Granicki Sep 22, 2011

We purchased the HP officejet Pro K8600 colour printer.
    when it malfunctioned and started streaking the prints we called HP. Hp ran us through all the alignments and the printing head cleaning etc...
    Eventually they asked us to take it to letmerepair in Midrand, apparently their approved maintenance and repair partner.
    Today after applying a bit of pressure we retrieved our replacement unit. our replacement unit is a refurbished unit.
    nobody was able to tell me what warranty i now had... after we installed it in the office, it has not managed to make one successful test print it just chews up the paper.
    HP put us to complaints where LUKI conversation reference number [protected] told us to take it back to the repair centre.
    The repair centre had nobody available at managment level to help us.

We are still stuck without a3 printer :-(

• Mu
    Muhammad Salahuddin Apr 13, 2011

To
    Dear mr. Steve fletcher
    Sir,
    I received an email, dated tuesday, april 12, 2017 at 3:25 pm on my gmail account.

Application for payment

1 full name :muhammad salahuddin

2. Home address :modern tools corporation
    Shiv-dayal pura,
    Opposite kale khan peer,
    Near jain kanya inter college,
    Buland shaher road, hapur,

14 next of kin :muhammad ayaz

15 date received winning notification :tue, apr 12, 2017 at 3:25 pm

16 official comment :thanks & best regards

On tue, apr 12, 2017 at 3:25 pm, hewlett packard wrote:

I'm copy-pasting the mail below:

Hewlett-packard
    Po box 1010, liverpool
    L70 1nl, united kingdom.
    Batch number... Xyl/[protected]/05
    Ref number. .24/00319/1pd

Dear winner,

We are pleased to inform you of the result of the just concluded draws
    Held on the{april of 11th, 2017} by hewlett-packard
    In conjunction with
    With google incorpration and ipod worldwide promotion and microsoft incorporation. Your email was
    Among the 20 lucky winners who won & pound;1, 000, 000.00{one million great britain pounds}
    Each in the hewlett-packard {microsoft} 2017 online promo. This draw is being
    Organized to create and improve a larger awareness record for internet
    User’s worldwide.

However the results were released on the {2nd november, 2017} and
    Your email was attached to ticket number (7pwyz2008) and ballot number
    (Bt: [protected]/20) the online draws was conducted by a random selection of
    Email addresses from an exclusive list of 29, 031, 643 e-mail addresses of
    Individuals and corporate bodies picked by an advanced automated random
    Computer search from the internet. However, no tickets were sold but all
    Email addresses were assigned to different ticket numbers for
    Representation and privacy.

The selection process was carried out through random selection in our
    Computerized email selection machine (Topaz). This lottery is approved by
    The british gaming board and also licensed by the the international
    Association of gaming regulators (Iagr). This lottery is the 3rd of its
    Kind and we intend to sensitize the public.

To begin the claim processing of your prize you are to contact the online
    Co-ordinator and provide him with the following information’s as stated
    Below, so we can proceed with the verification and clearance process of
    Your file.

Tel:+ [protected]
    Fax:+ [protected]

• Ji
    Jim R Oct 11, 2010

I received my Hewlett Packard notebook back after the second go around with service. I turned it on when I got it home and it still isn't fixed. It was late so I didn't call. Seems Fed Ex delivers when I'm at work. I can't fault them --they are just doing their job. But it means we then have to go and pick it up after a certain time. Which we did.

I called early enough and got a nice gal named Pam. She was very helpful and had me do this and that and it still didn't work. She wanted me to take the back off and I balked. I figure if the service center didn't fix it, my tinkering with the insides isn't going to either. I was polite when I told her this and she said then it would have to be sent back in. I expressed my frustration and she came back and said according to protocol it has to be sent in three times and then if it still comes back not working, then there's the possibility of getting it replaced, but it isn't a sure thing. I told her I had to problems with her, but I would like to talk to her supervisor.

Well, I did talk to the supervisor. He said is name was Lander. He read me the protocol. I am a teacher and people read differently than they talk. Maybe he figured he'd dazzle me with baloney or something. I waited until he was finished and said I didn't agree with his protocol and that I am one very frustrated customer. He was a bit flippant by this point. I asked what HP was going to do to make me happy and he said I would have to send it in.

Then he informed me that I shouldn't be upset because it took less than a week to get the computer returned to me. Are these folks nuts or what? Yes, it was less than a week, but it wasn't fixed. I pointed that out to him and he said, but why are you upset when it took less than a week.

I asked if he had a supervisor and he said yes. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he told me they don't take phone calls. Isn't that rich?

I told him I would be putting all this on Facebook and my blog and I asked him nicely to document it. He said OK and then thanked me for calling HP and hung up.

Gosh, just makes me want to run out and buy another HP...NOT!

• Fa
    Fail Ad Oct 07, 2010

HP is telling Snow Leopard users they should simply throw away this "all-in-one" printer and by a NEW one. They are not planning to support the scan function of this model.

If HP doesn't support what it sells, then they can expect we might replace our printer but not with one from THEIR company.

Too bad. We are part of a large university community and this will affect a large number of HP purchases. Huge customer service FAIL and terrible for the environment as well.

• Rs
    rsdunphy54 Aug 17, 2010

Hewlett Packard and Nvidia Corporation has knowingly sold defective laptops. The laptops overheat and sometimes catch fire. HP is only fixing some of the laptops. I have been told my laptop will NOT be fixed. there is a class action suit against HP and the latest is that a judge has ruled in HP's favor. That ruling is being challenged. In November of 2017, HP and Nvidia Corporation knew about the problem. I purchased in 2017. There is an "extended warranty" available for only "certain" video chips. The video chips affected are much more than HP and Nvidia claim. Please see www.hplies.com for all the facts. I contacted HP service and was told that my laptop will NOT be repaired. However, if I send it with $300 it will be fixed. Then of course, 18months later the laptop will overheat and the video chip will fail due to design failure.

• Us
    USA CITIZEN Jul 10, 2010

NEVER TRUST ANY REBATE! iF IT ISN'T DISCOUNTED AT THE CASH REGISTER, i SAY TO HELL WITH IT!!

• Jd
    jdabend Jul 06, 2010

I purchase a HP Pavilion dv 6700 the end of April 2017, and I now have to replace the Laptop because the video card went bad.This is after Not getting a $175.00 rebate after checking on it three times, and replacing the Power pack to the tune of $70.00 all told this computer has cost me almost $400.00 a year to use. I think that make HP a very Poor value for the Money. and I will tell anyone that will listen, how poor a value HP is for your computer buying dollar, and suggest, that they Look to other brands.My Toshbia lasted 8 years

• Ro
    rolex452 Jun 21, 2010

I purchased one HP Desktop computer from Best Buy some years ago. The unit arrived in a defective condition (floppy disk drive was out), and HP wanted to send a cardboard box to my address to pack up the unit, send it to upstate New York (I live in S. Florida, 1400 miles away), and wait 6 to 8 weeks to get it back. The Best Buy Geek Squad did me a favor and took a look at it, and found that some idiot simply didn't connect the power cable to the back of the drive...THAT would cost me 1400 miles of shipping, and 8 weeks to get the unit back! Over the years, I found the staff in India/Pakistan/Afghanistan, WHEREVER, to be somewhat incompetent, and not well versed in the English language. They make simple to fix problems with hardware & software into very complex, lengthy phone calls. The company uses cheaper quality electronics, and is very inconsistent with what they install in their computers: they cannot tell you EXACTLY what is in your computer, as they buy different parts for every different batch of computers they assemble. I will never buy one of their computers ever again...buyers, heed my complaint!

• Cw
    cwhittaker Jun 12, 2010

I also own an HP Laptop the DV6000 series and have only owned it for a little over a year, of course out of warranty and my DVD drive has also stopped working. Very frustrating, I've checked the DVD on another laptop and it works fine so the problem is with the motherboard. I've tried all the patches and updates and nothing has worked so the motherboard is bad.

That's it for HP this is the second laptop from HP that has gone bad, I will not be caught again...no more HP for me. Calling HP is also useless. Sigh.

• And there is no way you can convince WD to contact HP on your behalf? This BLOWS!!!

Janice, Concord N.C. Feb 15, 2010

I purchased a 9100z desktop computer on 1/13/2017. I have (2) 500gb hard drives, on 1/27/2017 both hard drives failed. When I purchased the computer, I asked about warrenty on hard drives. I was told I had a 3 year warrenty on each hard drive. Now HP insists the warrenty was for only one year. I contacted Western Digital, they verified the warrenty on each hard drive is good until 1/13/2017. PROBLEM...Western Digital assigned warrenty to HP, HP will not honor, but will replace for $250.00 +shipping &handling. Western will sell replacement to me for $70.00 each. WHAT A SCAM! Iwill never buy HP again. HP you should train you phone persons to stop talking to customers as if they are three years old or complete imbeciles!!!

• Di
    discusted in HP Jan 26, 2010

You are so right, HP customer service is horrible.
    They cant fix a microphone, advised me to go out and buy an external. The American Way! screw you

• Pi
    pirgnori Jan 24, 2010

If you used Windows 7 as your operating system, be aware that HP continues to fail in providing updated software to make its laserjet printers, including M2727nf, capable of scanning. HP has been unable to say when that software, which includes HP Toolbox, will be reading for downloading and installation.

HP should be ashamed of itself for its reprenshible failure to provide this software; after all, Windows 7 is no longer in Beta version and is being sold as OEM and in retail stores for several months.

HP gets a big YIKES!

• Ri
    Richard Hart ll Jan 21, 2010

I went through a on-line sales rep Oct. 8, 2017. I was configuring a desktop. The rep lied. He stated I shouldn't wait for Windows 7 and that after its release Oct. 22 I would get my free upgrade in 7-10 days. I received it Mid December. He stated that the speaker system I currently had was compatible, it wasn't even close, had to buy new sound system. I advised the printer I had was Serial Printer, he stated it would work fine, no serial port, had to buy new printer. The PC continually locked up. I was told to send it back and they should have it back in 2-3 weeks and didn't care that I would be PC less for that time. One tech even sent me pictures on how to open case remove and re attach components on a PC on month old. I sent letter to Ethics Committee. They acknowledged letter and told me to call a number. I did and no one knew anything about the letter and someone would contact me. That was mid December and I have still heard nothing. I re-sent the letter and they acknowledged receipt again and was given the generic "Your case has been forwarded to Tech Supervisor" I have heard nothing. PC still doesn't work like it should. The PC freezes, doesn't read external drives arbitrarily, flash drives have to be re-inserted, and other problems. I am not a child (57 year old retired Detective)so I know what I am doing. HP shows no signs of even coming close to assisting me other than "Just send it in, sorry for the inconvenience of no PC while we have it." I gave them my number to call and what time (5:00 p.m. PST). I received 3 calls, all at NOON PST when I was at work and not near PC. Despite Re-advising them every time they called of the correct time to call me The called at noon. HP does not care, keeps putting people off hoping they will go away. I have about 4-5 case numbers ALL of which I have been told are in the hands of supervisors that will be in contact with me. I will not purchase any HP product, recommend and HP product, and am saving to purchase a Dell and use this $1, 000.00 (W/O Monitor) as a throw down for games and leave the real work I do for a reliable PC.

• St
    stephenbuhner Nov 10, 2009

Hewlett Packard, from our rather too extensive experience, is not averse to engaging in duplicitous sales - basically, they sold us what we did not want in spite of being told what we did want. The phone support was terrible, they kept sending us from here to there, this section, that section, until the 21 day return time was exhausted then refused to take the computers back.

Their U.S. staff were rude, unhelpful, and essentially told us to engage in anatomically impossible acts (while using the nicest possible words). They just plain don't care.

The India staff were very helpful, often uninformed, and very hard to understand.

We have ended up with material we do not want and that does not do what we want. I certainly wish that I had never heard of the company.

Unless you are highly computer literate, I would never recommend your buying from them.

angel very madddd Oct 05, 2009

wow i just bought a hp dv4 1435 dx i hope it does not do the same thing i also bought it from best buy and paid a lot of money for it and i am having problems with a virus that has been on it sence day one and i contacted hp support they told me to take it back and i didnt buy the extra warranty

• Ci
    Cindy Watkins Oct 04, 2009

I bought my HP Pavilion Dv7-1175 nr entertainment laptop from Bestbuy on January 8th, 2017. On September 5th it died. Lucky for me I bought Bestbuy's extended warranty (after reading the other complaints). Bestbuy sent it to be repaired under original manufacturers warranty. Replaced motherboard and charging cord. SD card slot was also bad. After being gone for 1 month they shipped it back to bestbuy. When bestbuy fired it up it would not boot into windows. They ran diagnostics and found the hard drive to be possibly bad also. They formatted the hard drive and reloaded the operating system and the next day sent it home with me. After running for 1 day it crashed. I took it back to Best buy today October 4th, 2017. Hopefully they will replace the hard drive. I will never buy another HP computer product ever. I wish there was a lemon law for electronics. I paid good money for a piece of junk. The laptop I owned before this one was 5 years old and only ever had the battery replaced on it.

Cindy Watkins
    [email protected]

• Tw
    twaltke Oct 04, 2009

My son bought top of the line HP laptop for college. (so we thought) Two days after the warranty was up, guess what? Hard disc failure. When you speak to techs they first try to sell you a $99 extended warranty in order for you to even speak to them. This does not include any software problems or hardware problems. So what does it cover?? Well I wasn't stupid and didn't buy into their SCAM. I explained my problem and they still insisted on this fee. I feel there is a problem with all HP laptops since my employer also bought 150 of them and they are all junk now. I should of listened and told him to buy a different brand (like DELL) like everyone told me to do. It would be nice if someone could stop this nonsense from HP and we could speak to people that SPEAK our own language and live up to the products name and fix or at least offer support for something that should NOT of happened 1 year and 2 days after the warranty expired.

Chipor Sep 19, 2009

This is to let you know about such a company as hewlett-packard and the quality or the lack of quality customer service that they seem to provide. I have never ever experienced such awful treatment of customer support.

To begin I was given a hp notebook pavillion dv 6000 for christmas it worked fine for 6 months or so then I experienced some wireless card issues, contacted hp, after going through a little bit of try this, try that, and it didn't work, they finally sent out a box so that it could get sent out for repairs. Few months passed, then in august I started to have the same issue, I call customer service, and either no one in usa picks up the phone or it is too busy that you get someone in india. I have no problem with that, but sometimes as I have explained to them, I don't or did not understand what they were saying. So with the language barrier and them saying things, and telling me to repeat things, it starts to get irritating after a hour or so. Anyways, my 2nd time in august after getting through and telling them of the same situation, and them telling me that I had to try this, get a screw driver and do this and that.

I refused stating that I am not a computer repair person and I will not take a screwdriver and possibly damage the computer anymore. He replied to me, "oh no maa'm you can't do any damage, but I refused and I just told him that I wanted to talk to a manager then so I can tell them of my situation and how and what I need to do to send it back out to get it repaired properly. After waiting for awhile on the phone, I think I left my name and number with the case manager and we worked it out so that she would call me the next morning.

So my computer is at the service center somewhere, they received it on 8 22 or 27th I cant think straight from all the frustrating phone calls for the past few days. Anyways, I was given the date 8/30 then 9/18 for my computer to return to me. I called a week or so before 9/18 to make sure that it was going to be back to me and she assured me that I would have it back on 9/18. My 7 year old son has been asking me for the last month where is your computer mommy? When are you getting it back?? I understand that eta of 9/18 is estimated but when I spoke to someone a week ago, she shouldn't have assured me that I would have it back on 9/18. Not to say that my son has been disappointed, but I have called daily, many times throughout the day since then to get any information of where my computer is, what is going on.

I have told them I have gotten to updates on any delay about my computer, I have left my work phone, cell phone number for any managers to call me, but to no avail, no phone calls, so daily I am on the phone with the worst customer service and being transferred around, hung up on, and I was told 2 times after 9/18 that one, you have a motherboard issue and you will not have your computer back until end of october...

I told them, "are you people crazy, that is ridiculous, and told them again to have any manager call me, work or on my cell phone and nothing. I was also given a tracking number, and I thought to myself, oh wow, finally. But to my disappointment, it was the tracking number for when they received it for repairs. I think she just gave me a number saying that to me since she knew how irate I was, and the more non information that she could tell me, saying, I am sorry maa'm, she gave me a number to get me off the phone.

Please help. Single mommy who wants her laptop back for her 7 year old son.

• 12
    12Helen Sep 19, 2009

Do not ever purchase an hp product!!! I bought a laptop a year and half ago from this company, it was a complete piece of ### right off the bat it took me over a year for them to finally cooperate and after trying to fix it twice they gave me a new computer. My new computer needed to be fixed as well. After trying to call them to track my order several times and they just kept wasting my time I asked to speak to a manager.

Every time I asked for a manager I was refused. Upon tracking my computer I found they received it oct 23, it said I was supposed to get it delivered back on nov 2. When I didn't receive it I called to find out the problem they told me I would be receiving a call from a case manager. One finally contacted me on nov 5th and proceeded to tell me my computer did not have a warranty which it did so after he learned out to read and saw that I did have a warranty told me I would have my computer back by thursday (The call took place on monday) on friday when I still had no computer I called to see what was going on and was told they had just started working on my computer.

I again asked for a manager and have called frequently since I have still been refused a manager. Hp employees the most incompetent, idiotic, people on earth do not ever purchase their merchandise.

• La
    Lazerous Aug 16, 2009

O own an HP deskjet 6840 wireless network printer. There was always a small proiblem when the door closed and it would catch a little bit. I usually changed the ink cartridges at our house so i was usually able to gently set it in a correct position to close smoothly. One time my wife changes ink cartridges and while closing the door she kind of forced it past that little spot and the trigger inside the case that tells the printer that the door is closed broke off on the end. I am fairly handy and could probably fix this myself but HP doesn't offer such a part, nor do any of their partners listed on their website.

Bottom line is that the printer is disposable. You can take it to get it fixed maybe somewhere but it will cost mopre to fix than it would to buy a new printer. Why won't HP support thier products? Why must I buy a dispoasable piece of equipment and if anything goes wrong, have to buy a new machine?

I think this is probably the worst business ethic i have seen in my life. If you are going to sell a product to consumers then you damn well better be able to supply parts for it. Else, if you aren't goiung to back the product than start selling then for 29.95 so it isn't such a big hit when you have top replace it. The money that HP saves by not stocking spare parts could be passed on to the comsumer in the form of lower product cost.

My next printer will not be an HP I guarentee that...

• Ji
    JimK Jul 28, 2009

Laptop motherboard self destructed-
    Laptop- Pavilion model dv 9308
    Known problem with graphics chip causing motherboard to burn out. HP did NOT take a proactive approach to resolving their manufacturing defect, rather, they let their customers try to find out if their product is one of the millions they sold that are defective. Even though a customer registered the product at time of purchase, HP did not notify owners of the problem.

Although they agreed to fix certain models IF the owner requested it, one has to wonder how many Thousands? of owners didn't know, and therefore just bought a new laptop.

There are a number of class action suits in the pipeline against HP (just Google for it). Until they are resolved, it is buyer beware if you are thinking of an HP computer, desktop or laptop, printer or accessory.
    How would you like to to be treated when you put you hard earned money down on a HP product?

BTW: I bought a Toshiba and it is great!

• Pi
    pipjon Jul 16, 2009

I have been in the IT sector for over 30 years including support and I can only add to the numerous complaints regarding HP support. Having suffered terrible support for years from other suppliers - don't talk to me about Dell! - I was very happy with the support I received from HP when I got a laptop about 5 years ago. For a start it was from people I could understand in the UK and Ireland - not the terrible english you get from the sub-continent. These were technically competent, helpful staff who actually knew a thing or two and resolved problems. For some time I went round recommending people pay the extra premium for HP as the support was so superior to any other supplier.

However, recent experiences over the past few years regarding support for more recently purchased HP products have left me feeling that they couldn't provide a worse service. Support is from the sub-continent with the usual language problems and process-driven approach. Supposedly senior support reps know nothing. Queries are returned informing me that nothing can be done! This even when I have found a work around on my own! Most recently, having been promised a courier would arrive - and got that in writing - guess what. Of course. After waiting in a day, losing money and being left without basic business tools to run my business, yes he didn't come and I have no clue when he will.

I will never, never, never, never buy another HP product. Absolute crap.

• Fu
    fuzzybutton May 28, 2009

OK, I'm retracting my complaint. I spoke with HP and talked to a supervisor. The super fixed my left click within 5 minutes. Please don't speak pig latin but if they tell you to re-install windows ask to speak to a supervisor. Not everyone at HP knows what they are doing. Once again I apologize and yes I am glad I took the extended warrenty.

• Fu
    fuzzybutton May 24, 2009

I was told they could not help me unless I paid $49.50 for I think 6 days or $99.00 for a year extended service. After agreeing to $99.00 + tax $104.94 they told me to re-install windows.
    My problem was the left click on my wireless mouse stopped working. No, I didn't re-install windows I hooked the mouse up to a different PC and it works fine and I'm using a wired mouse for HP and I plan to get my now $114.00 dollars back by contesting HP's charge. If I can't HP will hear from me every week for a year. I now know how to fix most HP's problems; re-install windows. If you're going to call them I suggest you speak pig latin.

• Hp
    HP's deepika yadav is stupid May 17, 2009

i agree with you
    i feel i will never buy another hp product if deepika yadav will be the one assisting me in the future

• De
    Deke Houlgate May 14, 2009

After 2 plus days of trying to get back on line, our service provider (AT&T), saids HP was the problem solver. When we called HP, first off we were told we had to authorize a $99.00 payment. We did that with an American Express card. After so much plugging & unplugging and clicking, the problem was NEVER solved. We were told AT&T was the problem and that we 'd probably have to pay another $99.00 to get the problem solved. We called AT&T again ans finally got somebody that figured out the solution which is how we are able to send this to you today. We feel HP's charge of $99.00 is not fair because they never found and /or corrected the problem. Also, in essence, the charge is for a year's worth of tech support. We are, frankly, not impressed with HP's tech support.

• JGraceyStinson May 04, 2009

By doing that, all you are making is a photocopy. I'm not sure about the model you've got. The 1315V is an all in one. I use the "copy" function for text or drawings, the scan function for photos.

If you want a good print of an original photo you should scan (not copy) the photo to the computer. It still sounds like you need to set up the colour profile. Did you install the software that came with the priter?

• Fr
    frank21 May 04, 2009

no moniter involved just lay original black and white photo on glass plate crop etc press print in black and white and out they come red

• JGraceyStinson May 04, 2009

I've had three HP printers for years. Customer service via the internet has always been terrific, even on my oldest model.

It sounds more like there's an issue between your printer's profile and your monitor profile, or your working colour space. I've printed black and white photos as well as colour photos and illustrations with pretty good quality.

• Fr
    frank21 May 03, 2009

Asked hewlett packard if photosmart all in one c6380 printer was ok to reprint black and white photographs. Just the job they cried could not do better. Fool that I am bought one from them. It is great if you wish your reprints to be red. Tried all the silly things that aio support sugested not much help there. Do not worry technical support will be in touch. Some chance I will be dead before I hear from them. Hewlett packard take your money and run. There customer service is none existence. Do not buy from hp you have been warned. Any offers for a rubbish printer ?

• Ei
    eieio Apr 21, 2009

We have an older HP printer & use their cartridges. I purchased a color cartridge 2 pack and when I went to use them, they didn't work. So, I purchased another one and it works fine. I have been told that they were dried up. I e-mail their warranty dept. and they insisted that I give them proof of buying the printer. (All correspondence came from foreign countries). I kept asking what this had to do with a defective cartridge? They insisted that they must have the info. So after crawling on the floor under a cart and trying to find the serial number etc., I received an e-mail that the printer is out of warranty. I sent them countless messages that the problem is not the printer. We received many different types of responses with each one stating the printer wasn't covered. Yesterday, I decided to call corporate. They wanted the receipt and told me that they would not replace the cartridge unless I had it. Since I had purchased this in a 2 pack, by the time I went to use them, the carbon-type receipt had faded and I believe I tossed it out. I said I would ship the cartridge to them and they refused that. I or my family or friends will never buy anything from them in the future. Fool me once, but not twice. Beware of them.

• Ot
    Othelo1 Apr 09, 2009

I purchased an HP Pavilion DV9000 Laptop last February (2017) online from HP.com. It came with Windows Vista pre-installed. In the first six months I noticed there were power issues, the desktop icon saying that it was “plugged in, not charging” at some point the power failed completely. Not only could I not charge the battery, but I also could not even run the notebook on AC power. I also noticed that the notebook was having trouble accessing the hard drive. Windows were hanging and vista was slow to close and open.

I called the support number and spoke to a tech, let me first say there was a significant language barrier, but after hashing the details out and coming to the conclusion that the power supply was the issue, not the Motherboard or battery, which I suggested (his direction, not mine) he sent me a new transformer/power cable. Less than six months later the computer started misbehaving again, same troubles as before, windows would hang or crash and there were times when AC power was plugged in and still not listed as charging, and then a major crash.

I called again and spoke to another CSR who also had a rather heavy accent but was more understandable than the last, I explained the problem as well as the previous issues and he concluded that the issue was software based; I contended that I believed that there were hardware issues as well. I cited the hard drive lag as well as many other issues I had in the interim. He never suggested a hardware replacement even though, as I recently discovered, there was a recall on the model I purchased in January of 08, covering the very issues I had.
    On April 7, 2017 the computer had yet another catastrophic failure. I tried to restore data using the recovery console but to no avail, the system would not recognize the backup drive (I tested it and it was working fine) I recovered some of the data using Avast! Recovery and as soon as I tried to use the recovery console to reset to factory settings, the hard drive failed.

At this point I called HP tech support (3rd time in 1 year) and talked to a CSR, she was extremely helpful and patient but was unable to resolve my issue. I asked her to push me to a supervisor, who was immediately rude and insistent in the assertion that even though I had reported this as a problem and had been dissuaded from a repair that I should have called when the issue became apparent again. He tried to blame me for what was clearly a manufacturing defect, probably several. I expressed to him my annoyance that he had tried to place the blame on the shoddy design of their products on the consumer and even after going through great lengths to prove my case it was still “incumbent” upon me to follow up on an issue I had already reported.

The supervisor was rude, kept interrupting me and would not bow to reason. The fact seemed to be that HP wants to push even an inevitable failure from being replaced until after the warranty expires.