Complaints & Reviews

the company

It's funny how the same people that used to run Sageryder/Projector Lamp Center are also running Lamps and Screens LLC (The new company that ‘owns’ Projector Lamp Center, Big Screen Center and Mount Center). Don't believe me? Do your research! Grant Hill and Brian Chambers are listed on Lamps and Screens LLC's twitter (@lampsandscreens) ALONG WITH the president of Stampede who just so happened to be the MAIN supplier for the ‘old’ Sageryder/Projector Lamp Center. These individuals are ALSO following Projector Lamp Center on twitter as well - @projectorlampce. (Oh, and guess who ELSE is following Projector Lamp Center on Twitter? Steve Gross (the ‘old’ owner of Projector Lamp Center), Ashley Gross (Steve’s daughter and employee), Joe Burgess and Jason Prance who were both major players in the ‘old’ Projector Lamp Center.) Also, while 2/3's of Sageryder/Projector Lamp Center's employees were screwed by being laid off after being told for months the company was doing very well, Brian and Grant (along with a few others) were chosen to keep their jobs but ONLY if they signed a contract containing a non-disclosure AND non-compete. If you go to [redacted]'s website, the person who is rebutting all of the negative postings about Sageryder/Projector Lamp Center (also including Big Screen Center and Mount Center) goes by the name of 'Mark' but is ACTUALLY Brian Chambers. Oh, and just a piece of advice Grant, don't post your cell phone number under ANYTHING related to Sageryder (http://www.cheaponsale.com/d-c114084224789043600-sageryder_brands/). That just shows how dumb you really are.

rip off site

I placed an order with Projector Lamp Center at the end of November of 2008. They gave me excuse after excuse as to why they couldn't ship the product ordered for my company. Then I canceled and they told me in January they would mail me a refund check!! That is absolutely ridiculous. It is now APRIL 2009 and I have never seen my money and guess what else...

After much research and speaking with others whom have ordered from ProjectorLampCenter.com, we have found that Projector Lamp Center (which was owned by Sagerider Inc) filed for CHAPTER 7 BANKRUPTCY on February 25th, 2009. Their bankruptcy case number is #07-71667. I've been informed my only recourse is to file a claim with the courts if I would like to try and retrieve money owed.

If you log into Projector Lamp Center's 'LiveChat' online, a rep. tells you to file a chargeback! They say they are under 'new ownership'. We looked into this as well... they are now being operated by a company called STAMPEDE GLOBAL. How is that allowed? When you take over a company don't you - Stampede Global - also take over their debts? Anyone know if we can go after Stampede Global C.O.O. Kevin Kelly for our money?
Here is their contact link: http://www.stampede-usa.com/pages.aspx?docid=124

Also, why are they (Projector Lamp Center, Big Screen Center, aka now Stampede Global) allowed to still be selling product if they filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy (which is factual, they did indeed file!)? If you search for projector lamps in google, they come up on the first page! Google should be made aware of this, I doubt it would make them too pleased!

DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE! READ THE REST OF THE REPORTS ON THEM! They have a 'F' on Better Business Bureau with 300+ complaints!!! Why are they still operating! PROJECTOR LAMP CENTER, BIG SCREEN CENTER, AND MOUNT CENTER (now operated by Stampede Global, C.O.O. Kevin Kelly) ARE STILL OPERATING ALTHOUGH THEY FILED FOR CHAPTER 7 BANKRUPTCY!!! BEWARE!!!

Mark Apr 27, 2009

My name is Mark, I am President of Lamps and Screens Online LLC. My company purchased the assets of Sage Ryder in a public auction in accordance with the bankruptcy laws in the State of Georgia. The assets included the websites www.projectorlampcenter.com, www.bigscreencenter.com and www.mountcenter.com. Sage Ryder went from Chapter 11 to Chapter 7 recently. I will not go into the details why, however the Governor of Georgia's office, the bankruptcy trustee for the state of Georgia and the BBB are now fully aware of circumstances.

Sage Ryder went bust owing my company in excess of $650k, we bought the assets in the hope of recouping some of those losses by turning the company around and making it profitable again. The NEW Company has new management, a solid line of credit and a new mission to offer world class service. We managed to save and re-employ some of the innocent employees that were uncomfortable with the old management practices and re launch the company last week at a new location.

I am very happy to talk or communicate with any old customers that feel they didn’t receive satisfaction and direct them to the relevant authorities. My email address is [email protected], please feel free to email me with a phone number and I will gladly speak with you.

As the new owners, we will try and point you in the right direction to get some of your money back, as a returning customer we also will be offering a promotion that will be hopefully soften the blow. I ask you to please refrain from posting new comments until you have contacted us.

It is our belief that the old owners of Sage Ryder have set up shop again as www.projectortlampexpress.com their address is 211 Center Parkway, Suite 900, Atlanta GA 30346.

• De
    Detector Apr 28, 2009

Stampede Global and their new company Lamps and Screens Online, LLC are obviously an attemp to save their hide!

• De
    Detector Apr 28, 2009

These people are desperate! They are really Stampede Global from Buffalo New York! They started a side company in Georgia to save their butts. The new company I found, Lamps and Screens Online, LLC, was started by Kevin Kelly. Here is the link to the Georgia website http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/imaging/16097960.pdf Evidently Stampede Global is a wholesaler of AV stuff. Wonder if they are also having credit problems. RUN FAST!

Mark Apr 28, 2009

You are obviously the old owner or an ex-employee with a grudge. Please contact me at [email protected] to stop the pending legal action. The editor of this website has been informed

fraud

If anyone is interested in helping to file another Lawsuit against this company please contact me or respond to this complaint. Ordered products, never delivered. Requested refunded 5 months later no refund. sound familiar? PROJECTOR LAMP CENTER

fraud and cheating

Story is simple: Ordered product, credit card charged, item never received. Projector Lamp Center is less than honest because each time I've talked with them they say 'item will ship today' but that has yet to happen. Don't do business with Projector Lamp, you'll just have headaches and have to waste hours of your time trying to resolve the problem. Also, avoid doing business with any company that does not put a ship date on their invoice (like Projector Lamp Center). This just delays any attempt to take action using your credit card company.

• Mp
    mp40x Feb 18, 2009

Projector Lamp Center are nothing more that common criminals. The same thing happened to me. Ordered the bulb, supposed to ship the next day, 2 months go by, still no bulb. Ask for refund, they say it takes 30 businees days, its been way over 30 days, still no refund. If I lived in Atlanta, where this joke of a company is based, I probably would be in jail for going down there and beating these people up. I am so disgusted, I have been a victim of fraud and downright theft.

• Is
    iskinder May 24, 2010

Do not order anything from this company. I finally got my money back through my credit card after months of trying to deal with Sage Ryder via email. I also filed an internet FBI fraud report. With all the complaints I see listed, I wonder when they will get shut down?

bad service

Project Lamp Center spent 3 months attempting to deliver a lamp I ordered. The order was placed on 8/11 and was subsequently canceled in early November. I have still not received my refund. I was told directly by two different customer support reps that this was being handled. My girlfriend called back weeks later and was told we had to send an email. We sent the email and have STILL not received our refund. This is a rip-off and completely unacceptable. My assumption is that Projector Lamp Center is assuming that I will not retain legal counsel over 200 dollars. They are probably right. Aside from reporting this to my credit card company as a theft, which it is, and talking to the Better Business Bureau, there is very little I can do to recover this money.

• Th
    thernandez Jan 26, 2009

I am dealing with the SAME ISSUE. Ordered in October Cancelled 1 month later, and STILL do not have my $369 refund. I have been told it usually takes 30 days, but can take up to 90 days for a refund. INTERESTING... They say when they get confirmation "paperwork" that the order was "offically" cancelled, then they can issue me a credit in the form of a check. WHY NOT JUST CREDIT my card back. I have tried calling and calling, and am put on hold for 30+ minutes and then I get told the customer service rep can't handle this, I have to talk to the accounting department, or whatever they are called. Lets all get our complaints together and get this company back on track, with what we need in customer service.

• Di
    disgusted Feb 06, 2009

Just google them and you will find out why.

/URL removed/

horrible experience

I just had a HORRIBLE experience with these guys. I have a Mitsubishi HD projection tv. The projector light bulb was about to burn out. I searched and found projectorlampcenter.com on google. I thought that the site looked pretty good and they had a chat feature which I thought was helpful. I chatted with the sales associate and told them about my problem. To add to the situation, I was having a large number of my family members at my house for the holiday. The kids like to play X-Box on the big screen, so getting the part before Christmas was important, and why I chatted beforehand to make sure that they had the part in stock. They said that they had six of them in stock. I chose overnight delivery and I thought that I was all set. That was 12/19. As of this morning (12/30), I still had not received the part. I checked the website, and my order was listed as "pending". I tried to use the customer service chat, but they were on VACATION!!! I finally got through to the customer service, and they tell me that the part is, yep you guessed it BACKORDERED. I explain that on the 19th when I ordered it there were SIX in stock. They told me that it would be 2 weeks before it would even be shipped. I asked to cancel the order and then they tell me that they don't refund to the credit card, rather they send customer's a CHECK. Which by the way will take up to 30 business days (read 45-60 days) before I get the refund check (WTF???). So in summary:
1) They lied about the part being in stock when I ordered it.
2) They charged my credit card on the day that I ordered the part (shocker)
3) They never told me that the part was on backorder
4) They won't just refund my card, they are going to make me wait over a month for a check to be sent to me (i'll believe it when I see it)

Don't order ANYTHING from these guys, you will end up being pissed like me

• Ly
    Lynda Jan 07, 2009

Went to site because it was sponsored by GOOGLE. Ordered bulb on 10/23/2008. each time I contacted them (sageryder) I was told the "manufacturer" was having problems & it would be shipped next week. I contacted them every week & no matter what day of the week it was, it would be shipped the following week (on the same day ie: contacted on a Wednesday, the following Wednesday, on a Monday, the following Monday). This went on & on. I then called the sales dept to make like I was a new customer ordering the part. I was told by "Julie" that they had the part & she could ship it overnight if I ordered within the next 1/2 hr. I told her I definantly wanted to order it & when she asked for my info, I told her she already had it on file since I've been waiting for the part for over a month (at that time). She then said that wasn't her dept & put me on hold for "Customer Service" which I hung up after being on hold for 20 mins (some of us do still have jobs to get back to). On 12/18/2008 I told "Amber" that I wanted to cancel the order & was told 30 days for a refund, even though they charged my account the same day I had originally ordered it.
    As of today, 1/7/2009, my cancellation is being "reviewed".
    I get the feeling my refund is in the same place as my bulb & will not be seeing a penny of the $407.02.
    I have since ordered from the bulb from ritzcamera.com on 1/4/2009 & recv'd it on 1/6/2009.
    Any chance of a class action suit against these guys?

fraud

Do not do business with this company. I purchased a DLP replacement lamp from them. They promised shipping in...

no refund

We placed an order for a lamp on 11/18/2008 with UPS 2 Day Air. We hadn't received the item as of today...

no refund

I ordered a replacement lamp in June and after 3 weeks of different stories of when it would arrive I cancelled the order. I had not received the refund after a week and called to complain. I was told that they had just changed their process and could not refund my card and that it would be sent out in the form of a check. After another 2 weeks of waiting I contacted the company again and received yet a different excuse. This happened 4 more times until I finally got a confirmation for my check. That was over a month ago and I have yet to receive any money.

Margaret Oct 18, 2008

This company is a complete scam. If you are lucky enough to receive something for the money you pay, the product will be of inferior construction. The lamp I purchased literally exploded in my projector. BEWARE

• Ho
    Hotdog Feb 17, 2009

I've had the exact same experience. Still looking for my refund from October of 2008. This company is a scam artist.