HP / hp printers stink
I purchased a HP PSC 1500v All-in-one printer last fall. I now regret purchasing anything made by HP.
The paper either jams or won't feed at all. I purchased a 1310i HP printer about 2 years ago and it does the same thing, but nowhere near as often or as bad as the 1500v. I am glad I paid under $100 for each
of the printers.
I emailed HP tech dept., but as usual, it has been a waste of time. I was told to reset the printer to the factory settings. Who knows why? I didn't see the reason for it, but I did it anyway. It didn't help.
I was told to unplug the printer and then plug it back in and hold down 2 buttons. Again, I couldn't figure out what that was supposed to do with the paper jams, but again I did it anyway, and just as I thought,
it didn't help.
I was given a link to go to on HP's website to find out how to clean the rollers. Finally, something that made sense. It took me some time to access the link. Why I don't know. I cleaned the rollers just as
the directions told me to. I am still having the same problems.
HP now knows I am fed up with their JUNK! I received another email telling me I did not give them the correct serial number, so now the story is they can't help me any further until I give them the right
number. NO WHERE on the printer does it say 'serial number'. According to HP's website, the serial number is next to the bar code. The number I gave HP was the number next to the bar code. I have no
idea what they want. Maybe if the words 'serial number' were next to the numbers they want, I would be able to know exactly what the serial number is.
I emailed back, 'Take a long walk off a short pier.
I am done with anything manufactured by HP. I purchased a desktop that wasn't worth having. HP can't provide the tech support needed to repair it. I have a Compaq notebook manufactured by HP. HP hasn't
been able to get that fixed right over the past THREE YEARS. Plus, everytime I sent it to repari, it comes back with something else wrong with it. I have a HP digital camera, and so far, that is the only
thing that is working correctly. How long will last, who knows.
My sister-in-law has a HP computer and has had nothing but problems since she purchased it. At this point in time, her computer is not working at all and she is fed up with HP and their tech support.
Between work and school she no longer is able to spend HOURS on the phone with tech support trying to get her computer running.
Neither of us would recommend any HP products to anyone. Our experiences have not been good ones.
More HP Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hp 3070a printer
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - officejet pro 6968
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - warranty repair & customer service
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - tech support, cheaply built product, ripping me off, worst customer service ever
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hp service