Hp 8390 Scanner / poor after sales service for product under warranty
Sub: Non-rectification of complaint regarding ADF Scanner 8390 (Case ID: [protected]-Old, New-[protected])
We had purchased a High capacity ADF Scanner (Model: HP8390) in 12 August 2007 from M/s CRAC Infosystems Pvt. Ltd. (copy of invoice enclosed). This scanner has developed some problem and the complaint was locked with HP On 13 March 2008 (CASE ID No. [protected]). The engineer from M/s CRAC Infosystems Pvt. Ltd. came on 14 March 2008 but could not resolve the problem. On contacting HP again on 15 March 2008, it was informed that the case has been transferred to M/s RT outsourcing and another complaint was locked again on 15 March 2008 (case ID no. [protected]). When no engineer visited the site, M/s RT Outsourcing was again contacted and it was intimated by them that as per the company’s (M/s HP) records, the scanner is out of warranty. To correct their records, copy of invoice (same as enclosed) was mailed to the e-mail ID email@example.com (M/s RT outsourcing) which was confirmed to have been the received. Subsequently, their engineer visited the site on Thursday, 20-3-08 and intimated that the defective part need to be replaced. Instead of taking appropriate action, it was again stated by them that the said scanner is out of warranty. Copy of invoice of the Scanner was again e-mailed to RT Outsourcing on 2 April 2008 but despite request number of times again and again, the complaint was not attended to. On contacting them, on 04 April 2008, it was intimated by them since this complaint is long pending, hence the case has been closed and complaint has to be locked again with HP in this regard.
It is a matter of surprise that despite providing the proof of purchase to your authorized service provider more than once and confirmation by them regarding receipt of copy of Invoice, the issue of warranty (presumably!) has not been resolved and the complaint has not been attended to.
As a result, the scanner has remained out of order for the last 36 days which has caused great inconvenience to us.
Satish Chand Jain
Sr. Audit Officer (IS)
More Hp 8390 Scanner Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - printer
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - laptop
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hp 3070a printer
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - officejet pro 6968
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - warranty repair & customer service