Menu
Koder Code Editor Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Koder Code Editor
reviews & complaints

www.koderapp.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.2 35 Reviews

Koder Code Editor Complaints Summary

18 Resolved
0 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Koder Code Editor's perfect complaints resolution rate, you can expect exemplary service. However, it's beneficial to read beyond the numbers. Explore detailed customer reviews to understand the context behind their success. Familiarize yourself with the full range of services offered by Koder Code Editor and prepare clear communication for any interactions. Keeping a personal record of your dealings will help you navigate their services effectively and ensure your satisfaction with their performance.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Koder Code Editor has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Koder Code Editor. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

2 reviews
Sort by:

Newest Koder Code Editor reviews & complaints

Koder Code Editor Awesome app

The best app on the entire app store at least for computer programming students and for even pro coder on the GO! The app is has simple design with minimum feature so it is easy to use. Few glitches here and there but for the price of “Free” I could not ask for more.
I was surprised how easy it was to connect to servers like omega and the Best part I can easily copy and move around files in my sftp server.
I would gladly pay couple of buck for this app.
I am looking forward to Onedrive integration and a little more robust experience.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Koder Code Editor George = nerdscoffee.com

As a developer I love having a code editor on my mobile device using this app!. Really user friendly! I normally use “vs code” on my laptop. So I’m used to all of the auto completes and shortcuts when I’m coding. Hopefully this app gets updates with these features. And some different colors for the screen besides light/dark mode. Also a boilerplate for html I don’t wanna waste type typing etc... Wishlist bootstrap drag and drop. Just anything to help speed up productively. Ohhh the browser preview just one click ! Inspiring app

F

Koder Code Editor Fantastic but one tiny annoying thing on iPad

This app is fantastic and I can quickly create C# code on the go. I love the dark theme thats really easy on the eyes. I am using a Smart Keyboard with my iPad Pro and it seems to make the top row bar disappear, so I cant press the arrow left button to hide the files menu which limits the size of the code area. I figured out I can only get it back by using split screen multitasking and bring main focus back to Koder and it reappears. Goes away if I switch focus.

Maybe I’m missing an option somewhere. But help me resolve this and it’s a five stars from me!

Hide full review

Is Koder Code Editor legit?

Our verdict: Koder Code Editor has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Koder Code Editor's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Koder Code Editor can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Koder Code Editor earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Koder Code Editor achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Koder Code Editor resolved 100% of 18 negative reviews, its exceptional achievement and a clear indication of the company's unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction. It would suggest that the company has invested heavily in customer service resources, training, and infrastructure, as well as developed an effective complaint resolution process that prioritizes customer concerns.

Koder Code Editor has received 12 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Koderapp.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Koder Code Editor website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Koderapp.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Koderapp.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Koder Code Editor.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• The website belonging to Koder Code Editor has a low number of visitors, which could be a red flag for users. However, it's important to conduct additional research to fully evaluate the website's legitimacy and trustworthiness.
  • The registrar associated with Koder Code Editor has been found to be used by several spammers and scammers, which could indicate a potential threat to users.
  • We found that the technical contact email address for Koder Code Editor is a free email address, such as Gmail or Yahoo. This could be a sign that the website is not a legitimate business and may be engaged in fraudulent or malicious activities.
  • The use of a free email address for contact on koderapp.com may be a red flag indicating potentially unreliable or fraudulent activity.
Z

Koder Code Editor How do you use this without lots of stuff? 2

This is a reply to an old review I posted.

1. I don’t actually use a server, I don’t test it on a pc or anything. I do use this to play around and type out code I could add later, so I can use it for that.

2. What I mean by the “settings-not-in-editor issue” is that when I am in the editor, I have a preview button, a back button, a search button, and a share button up top, and a lock button (grayed out), a list button, and a settings button on the bottom. The settings is for the app settings, but I don’t have a top settings button like the Help Menu’s image shows.

Also, sorry :)

Koder Code Editor 1 star for visibility

The app is actually great, but I’m making it one star so that the developers may hopefully read the issue I’m writing about:

On iPad (in my case, iPad Pro 11” 2020), the UI has a bug. If the left-hand panel is hidden so that you have to tap the “Files” button in the top left corner, tapping it will crash the app. The window opens to show the “Files” panel, and then it just crashes. Happens in split-view or even in full screen.

This isn’t an issue for me when I’m using in full screen because I never hide the panel, but it IS an issue if I want to work in split-screen. I hope this can be fixed.

Koder Code Editor Frustrating user experience

I tried this editor for about 15 minutes but it’s barely usable. The small font size is still way too big and I can’t find a way to disable line wrapping so the editor is a mess. It also defaults to using tabs to indent and I can’t find a way to switch to spaces. Also, I tapped a button that looks like an eye by mistake and the whole app froze up. It’s nice that it has remote editing over ssh but it won’t let me save the file because of a permissions error. Also the save button looks like a share button which was confusing for a minute because I couldn’t find the save button. Overall not a great user experience.

H

Koder Code Editor No true PHP support

PHP does not render like it will on your server. My navbar and footer won’t show. Also, there is no ability to hide any icons in the top nav, such as the Dropbox icon (for those who may never use it). A good app, but still not as convenient as Textastic, especially considering you aren’t required to have a separate working directory imported and reconstructed. With Koder, I suppose it’s a useful feature/requirement to have a working directory, but you’ll have to stick to one large project at a time rather than working on different projects, or group them altogether in one directory if you want to switch around. This app has definitely come a long way considering I remember the good ole’ days where it constantly crashed.

M

Koder Code Editor not impressed

I’ve been using this app for five minutes and I’m already looking for something else. I don’t see a way to indent multiple lines at once; I needed to put the cursor at the front of each line and press tab for each one.

It auto adds the closing characters to brackets, braces, parens, etc, but typing that closing char should move the cursor past it rather than typing another. So I need to depend on my arrow keys more than I’d like.

Here’s the big deal breaker for me... I copied five lines of code and attempted to paste it a few more times. Each past jumps the cursor way down in the file and deletes text. I had to rewrite several lines of broken code, and paste never seemed to work. Additionally, the undo feature didn’t undo what it messed up.

Syntax highlighting seems to work fine.

Koder Code Editor A Great App

This is a dang good app. Pulling out my big laptop every time I want to write some Javascript is a bit cumbersome, but this app allows me to use my slim iPad to code, even on the go!
I’m not a super techy coder so I don’t know anything about the git integration or anything however here are some thing I’ve experienced:

Pros -
It’s like, the only app I’ve found for this.
It has basic auto indenting and brackets and stuff
I’ve heard it has good more techy stuff like git and fancy internet connect

(not quite cons, but) Recommendations -
Google Drive integration, cause I don’t have any fancy connectors or anything, so Google Drive would be nice
Weird UI thing—When I’m typing, the bar at the bottom holding number and punctuation shortcuts covers up the “new” button on the left hand side, which means I can’t make a new file while typing.

Koder Code Editor Best HTML5 Editor for iPhone

I’ve only been using Koder for a short time now but so far I am extremely impressed by its wide range of features, capabilities and its well-designed user interface. While I prefer to do the majority of my web design on my computer using mainstream apps, I like to have a tool on my iPhone where I can access the same files and make small edits to tweak as needed. Until I ran across Koder, I was unable to find any decent iPhone app for doing this which wasn’t already too expensive right out-of-the-gate simply to evaluate. On the other hand, my first time using the free version of Koder gave me an immediate, “now that’s what I’m talking about” reaction. I like the fact that it has native Dropbox support as well support for FTP and other cloud services. Great tool that I highly recommend and hope to continue doing so as I get more familiar with its details.

L

Koder Code Editor Thank you for the TeX support

Who the heck writes in LaTeX… using an iPad?

Well at least I wanted to.

There are some options you can choose to compile a TeX file; this app is NOT one of them. However, unlike many of those “options”, this app checks a lot of boxes for me.

- [x] Native Files app support
- [x] Open In… support [so that when you tab a .tex file from the Files app, this app launches and you can view and edit it!]
- [x] LaTeX syntax highlighting
- [x] Good UI and UX, with seamless keyboard and mouse support
- [ ] spell checker

I know spell checker is a pain in the neck for programming scenarios, but having a spell checker as an option for non-programming uses would be perfect, not only for TeX, but for cases like web dev.

Overall, this app brings an enjoyable TeX writing and editing experience, for an iPad. I would like to appreciate the developers for making such a great text (and TeX) editor.

B

Koder Code Editor Numerous problems that make this impossible to use

If you’ve spent any amount of time using VS Code, Atom, Sublime, etc. you’ll find this UX quite impossible to use.

Just a couple examples:

1. When you highlight multiple lines and click ‘tab’ it doesn’t tab the lines over, it deletes them!

2. On a line that’s tabbed over, when you click ‘home’ it takes you to the far left of the line, not the beginning of the text.

3. It’s happy to automatically add closing symbols for things like HTML tags, but if you manually type the closing symbol, instead of moving the cursor past the automatically added one (like literally every modern editor), it added a second closing symbol.

There are more problems and it’s obvious the developer hasn’t focused on editor aspect of this app. They more than likely just use a simple built-in text box component instead of developing their own that can perform the required complex parsing like any modern text editor requires.

I

Koder Code Editor it works

Honestly, it works which says a lot for the variety of junky text editors that are out in the app store. So I’ll put it as 5 stars to differentiate, but really I think it deserves a 4 because it still needs time to bake.

- SFTP worked great, which is nice for doing local edits and pushing to some server.

- SSH for command lining connected, but had issues displaying colors and formatting for my zsh, so i’m going to put that as a “kind of works”

- The text editing itself is fine.

- There are limitations where you need to have your files be part of the projects folder in koder to be able to do that nice sftp and such. If you are just opening a file from anywhere, it doesn’t really give you the options. It needs to be showing up on the left file pane to do the file operations you really want.

Overall, I’m glad I have an easy way to sftp stuff over to my raspberrypi.

Great work, devs. Looking forward to seeing where you take this app!

Koder Code Editor A few bugs, but pretty good

Can’t put a path in on an sftp connection (app crashes), and can’t move up a folder from home or type a path when you connect, so... not possible to get to the files I need. Also very awkward to load an ssh key.

EDIT: Finally figured out I could edit existing entries and was able to add the path after the fact successfully without the app crashing. Now I’m exploring more. The app seems nice and mostly works well. I would like to be able to change the word wrap though. It seemed to have broken some html comments when I opened a file. It changed the double dash to a single longer dash for some reason. Overall, I do think I’ll try to use the app more often to do quick edits on they fly.

UPDATE: To dev, thanks for the reply and thanks for the info about the keyboard. I just got the iPad (and am not otherwise Apple) and didn't know about that! It's been disabled now. +1 star for responsiveness and because other than the path bug which I'm able to work around, most other annoyances are Apple's fault.

Koder Code Editor Almost a 5 star app, but

I was initially going to give this app 3 stars. That wasn’t a fair assessment, as most everything about the app is pretty good. There are two pain points that stand out to me. One of them would be a work around for the other:

1) Git integration would be fantastic! The repo could be saved as a working/local folder for Koder, with a simple terminal built in to run git commands. I understand this feature would be an undertaking. However, the second feature would suffice...

2) Allow the ability to open a folder from another app instead of just a single file. Then developers could use something like the Working Copy app to manage git while the entire cloned folder could be visible in the Koder file manager. I believe Working Copy allows some level of integration for other apps, but the the ability to open a cloned folder would be excellent all by itself. Considering Koder can already open its own local folder, this doesn’t seem like a huge undertaking at all. It would probably mean a permissions change on that folder by the user, but that’s easy.

D

Koder Code Editor Fundamentally Flawed

Seemed like a great editor, however:

SSH keys cannot be created within the app, as they can be using Termius. The two don’t play well together either, and the only way to manage a keypair with Koder is to transfer it from a computer - which defies the purpose of an SSH keypair. It’s more insecure than using a password, since the keypair should not be used on any system they aren’t generated by. This is just allowing you to copy/paste something that could give anyone root access to your server if that was what the original keypair was meant to access. For this reason alone, I won’t be using Koder.

Then, just to test it out a bit more, I simply created a file. It automatically capitalizes the first letter of the file (for instance, “Index.html” instead of “index.html”). The only way to “fix” this issue was to start with an extra letter and then delete it, moving the second (lowercase) letter into position. If it was that hard to create a blank file, I can’t imagine all the other stuff that would piss me off. Completely unacceptable.

I may come back after a year and see if there were any improvements, but I doubt there will be considering that the two things I mentioned above should have been squashed before the app was even released to the public - and, obviously, they didn’t deem either an important issue.

Koder Code Editor Not a Professional Code Editor

If I were rating this app based on the build quality it would be 5-stars. It seems to be well-made and is perhaps the most sophisticated text editor for iOS. However, if I were rating it based on its actual utility to me, it would get a 1-star. Hence, the 3-star average.

I was hoping to use Koder to do some programming on an iPad Pro as a secondary machine. Unfortunately, at the end of the day Koder is just a toy. It is suited for quick edits on an iPhone but not much more.

There are some key issues which hold it back:

- Lack of git integration. Any commits or even just switching branches will require a separate machine.

- Limited options. Opening a YAML file revealed no syntax highlighting and a bizarre default of three spaces per tab. I could not find any way to add syntax highlighting or to even change how many spaces a tab added. In general, the options are very limited. Using Koder means being locked into defaults which may actively impair your workflow.

- Minimal UI. It looks nice, and maybe contains all the information you can show on an iPhone, but I immediately wished I had access to information like line length, which I could not find anywhere, even hidden behind some menu. Just have to guess whether you are over 80 characters I guess!

- Awkward save system. This one is more of an annoyance, but cloud based files do not automatically save and must be manually “uploaded” (using the cmd-U shortcut of all things). Being unfamiliar with this resulted in my losing an hour or so of work. This is another thing which could perhaps be solved with proper git integration.

Koder is a nice enough project, and apparently the best anyone has built yet, so I can’t be too harsh. However, a professional text editor it is not. Programmers will need to stick to a Linux/Mac system for all but the smallest edits for the foreseeable future.

Koder Code Editor ???

Won’t show my text?

C

Koder Code Editor Crashes on startup

iPad Pro 2020
iOS 14.0

D

Koder Code Editor No save

Code keep erase not saved

Koder Code Editor Customer Reviews Overview

Koder Code Editor is a popular code editor that has received positive reviews from users. The app is praised for its user-friendly interface, which makes it easy to write and edit code. Users appreciate the app's ability to support multiple programming languages, including HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and PHP.

One of the standout features of Koder Code Editor is its syntax highlighting, which helps users identify different elements of their code. The app also includes a built-in file manager, making it easy to organize and access files. Users can also customize the app's interface to suit their preferences.

Another positive aspect of Koder Code Editor is its speed and performance. Users report that the app runs smoothly and quickly, even when working with large files. The app also includes features like auto-complete and code snippets, which can help users save time and improve their workflow.

Overall, Koder Code Editor is a highly rated code editor that is well-suited for both beginners and experienced developers. Its user-friendly interface, support for multiple programming languages, and customizable features make it a popular choice among users.

Koder Code Editor In-depth Review

User Interface and Design:

The Koder Code Editor boasts an intuitive and user-friendly interface, making it a breeze for users to navigate and access its features. The attractive and visually appealing design adds to the overall user experience.

Features and Functionality:

Koder Code Editor offers comprehensive code editing capabilities, supporting multiple programming languages. Its syntax highlighting and auto-completion features enhance productivity. The integration of version control, debugging, and error detection tools further elevates its functionality. Collaboration and sharing options make it easy for teams to work together.

Performance and Speed:

Users can expect fast and responsive performance from the Koder Code Editor. It efficiently executes and compiles code, with minimal lag or delay in loading and saving files. Even when handling large code files, it maintains its speed and responsiveness.

Compatibility and Integration:

Koder Code Editor is compatible with various operating systems, including Windows, macOS, and Linux. It seamlessly integrates with popular development tools and frameworks, allowing users to work with their preferred setup. Importing and exporting code from other editors or IDEs is also supported.

Documentation and Support:

The Koder Code Editor provides comprehensive and well-organized documentation, making it easy for users to get started and explore its features. Tutorials and guides are available for beginners, while responsive customer support ensures timely assistance. Active community forums foster knowledge sharing and troubleshooting.

Security and Privacy:

Koder Code Editor prioritizes user data and code security, implementing robust measures to protect them. Files are encrypted, and data transmission is secure. The platform adheres to clear privacy policies and complies with data protection regulations. Regular updates and patches address security vulnerabilities.

Pricing and Subscription Options:

Koder Code Editor offers a transparent pricing structure with clear subscription plans. Users can take advantage of a free trial or freemium version to explore its features. Flexible payment options and affordable pricing tiers cater to different needs. The platform provides value for money in terms of its extensive features and functionality.

User Feedback and Ratings:

An analysis of user reviews and ratings from various sources reveals a high overall satisfaction level. Users appreciate the intuitive interface and comprehensive feature set. Common issues or concerns raised by users are addressed promptly. Comparisons with competitors highlight the positive user feedback Koder Code Editor receives.

Future Development and Updates:

Koder Code Editor has a history of regular updates and improvements, ensuring users benefit from the latest enhancements. The platform has a roadmap for future features, demonstrating its commitment to meeting user needs. User feedback and suggestions are actively considered, and emerging technologies and trends are integrated into its development.

Conclusion:

The Koder Code Editor impresses with its intuitive interface, comprehensive features, and fast performance. It is recommended for both beginners and professionals, supporting multiple programming languages. The platform receives high ratings for its user-friendly design and extensive functionality. While there may be some minor concerns, Koder Code Editor stands out as a reliable and efficient code editing tool.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Koder Code Editor contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Koder Code Editor?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Koder Code Editor Customer Service. Initial Koder Code Editor complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Koder Code Editor above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Koder Code Editor. Discuss the issues you have had with Koder Code Editor and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.