Having problems with Kodak?

1300 456 325 (Australia)
+1 866 563 2533 (United States)
+44 845 602 5991 (United Kingdom)
+32 23 522 511 (Benelux)
+45 70 260 606 (Denmark)
+49 552 2997 (Germany)
+34 916 267 100 (Spain & Portugal)
+41 223 541 400 (Switzerland)
+65 63 713 388 (Singapore)
+82 234 382 600 (South Korea)
+54 115 280 0100 (Argentina)
+57 16 467 379 (Colombia)
343 State St.

108-112 avenue de la lIberté, 94700 Maisons-Alfort

Germany
An der Bahn 80, 37520 Osterode

Italy
Viale Matteotti 62, 20092 Cinisello, Balsamo (Mi)

Poland

Switzerland
Route de Crassier, 21, Business Park Terre-Bonne, CH-1262 Eysins
Fax: +41 223 541 480

China
Building 8, Jinqiao Office Park, 27 Xinjinqiao Road, Pudong, Shanghai, China 201206

India
1st Floor, Dani Corporate Park, 158 Dani Compound, Vidya Nagari Road, Kalina, Santacruz East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400098, India

Israel

5th floor Sangam Iaan 2 Danji 1653, Sangam-dong Mapo-Gu, Seoul, Korea 121-270

United Arab Emirates
G09, The Offices at Ibn Battuta Gate, Jabal Ali First, PO Box 11460, Dubai, UAE

Argentina
Bonpland 1930, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina, C1414CMZ

Brazil
Rodovia Presidente Dutra 154.7 km, São José dos Campos – Sao Paulo, CEP 12240-420

Colombia
Calle 100 № 8A-55, Torre C Piso 10

Mexico
Avenida Santa Fé № 94, Torre A, Piso 8,C.P. 01210, México DF

Complaints & Reviews

c310 all in one home printer

I bought this printer in 20012. Less than 10 years later, Kodak are not providing technical support on this line. Sadly, for me this means that my printer is now trash. The customer service agent I spoke to was less than helpful in dealing with my complaint. She said that Kodak had deemed the printer to have reached the end of its life and therefor they were no longer supporting it. When I asked if she could help me by feeding back my complaint to senior management, she said that her (customer service) manager would only tell me the same thing. When I asked if there was someone I could speak to in another department, she said was not.

So it would seem that Kodak do not value their products useable life past 7 years. I find this to be a highly unsustainable approach to business, and frankly I am disgusted. I will never buy or use Kodak again.

Ink runs out too fast

I don't use my printer that often, but about three weeks ago I wanted to print something and it said...

Ink cartridge/usage issues

My complaint about this printer (the Kodak ESP 5250) is very simple-they make it so that the color cartridge contains black ink which is used when printing black&white. I replaced both cartridges not long ago and have only printed around 5 pages in color since then. I have printed a good many pages in black but nowhere near the number that they claim that the ink should last. My black cartridge and my color cartridge are both reading as empty. I replaced the black one and it still will not let me print. I have a brand new black cartridge and an "empty" should-be close-to-new color cartridge and I can not print. This is ridiculous-I bought this printer on the belief that it would be cheap to print whatever I want whenever I want but now I find out that not only does the black cartridge not last as long as stated but it also uses ink from the color cartridge when printing in black so it forces you to buy both cartridges even if you only print in black. This will be my last Kodak printer and I would not recommend that anyone else buy one either.

• Va
    vanilla_rose316 Apr 09, 2013

Update to original complaint-I have tried both online and on the phone to resolve this issue with Kodak. I have been unsuccessful. Between the fact that their customer service is located in India and the fact that they are unwilling to admit any fault at all I have achieved nothing and wasted quite a bit of time. Here is the text from my online chat so that you can see how extremely helpful they were in dealing with my situation.

Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Welcome to Kodak, my name is Mobaiz Ali Mohammed. Please wait while I review your
    question.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: If you have an incident reference number from a previous contact or from a My Support on-line
    session, please provide that to me.
    Chris Morris: This is the first time I have made contact.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Okay.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: You have the KODAK ESP 5250 All-in-One Printer. Am I correct?
    Chris Morris: yes
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Okay.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: I would be happy to assist you with this. May I please have the Kodak Service Number for your
    printer? This number can be located by opening the printer access door as if you are going to change the ink cartridges.
    The number will be located on the bar coded label.
    Chris Morris: ID44723
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Please check the number once again and let me know.
    Chris Morris: ID44723
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Thank you.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: May I know your country of residence?
    Chris Morris: USA
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Thank you you.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: In what month and year was this printer purchased and where was this printer purchased?
    Chris Morris: It was purchased at an Office Max store about two years ago-I am not sure of the exact month
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Thank you for providing the information.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Please give a minute.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Thank you for staying connected.
    Chris Morris: You are welcome
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Do you see any error code on the printer's LCD screen?
    Chris Morris: It says that the color ink cartridge is empty
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Okay.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: We would like to let you know that KODAK All-in-One Printers use an advanced, built-in
    printhead system that is designed to provide excellent image and text quality, while eliminating the need to purchase new
    printheads every time you replace ink cartridges, and saving you money.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: To ensure the health of the printhead, a printhead maintenance procedure occurs after every
    print job . All inks are used during this procedure.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: In some cases when you print or copy a document, the text may actually be a shade of gray
    rather than true black. In these cases, a combination of black and color ink is used to print the text. Also, if you print or copy
    black-and-white photos, a combination of color ink is used from the color ink cartridge to produce the correct gray scale.
    Chris Morris: I always chose black and white when printing so anything that was gray or any other color should have
    printed as black. I dont care what the reason for it is-I should not have to purchase both cartridges when I have only
    printed in black and white.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: The printers with the capability of printing black when color is out of ink are not the type of
    printers with permanent or built-in printheads. The capability exists only in printers having the printhead as a integral part
    of the ink cartridge, which adds to the overall cost of printing. KODAK All-in-One Printers use a built-in printhead, removing
    the need for customers to purchase a new printhead with every replacement ink cartridge, which allows us to pass on
    substantial savings to our customers.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: As I mentioned earlier that in some cases when you print or copy a document, the text may
    actually be a shade of gray rather than true black. In these cases, a combination of black and color ink is used to print the
    text. Also, if you print or copy black-and-white photos, a combination of color ink is used from the color ink cartridge to
    produce the correct gray scale.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: However, to maximize the number of prints from the ink cartridges, we highly recommend that
    you follow the suggestions below:
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Print regularly - Frequent, regular printing reduces the need to perform printhead cleaning,
    which consumes ink.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Update to the latest firmware for your printer whenever prompted - The latest firmware
    continually improves the performance of your printer.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: When the “Low Ink” message appears, take a moment to order more ink - or plan your next ink
    purchase - press Cancel on the printer control panel to dismiss the message and continue printing. You can print until the
    cartridge is empty and an “Out of Ink” message appears, or until the print quality diminishes. It will not harm the printer to
    print until the ink supply is exhausted.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Replace only the cartridge that is out of ink - you do not need to replace both cartridges at the
    same time.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: For photo printing - Use KODAK Inkjet Photo Paper because your printer automatically detects
    it and uses just the right amount of ink to provide excellent image quality. You don't have to experiment with printer
    settings, which can waste ink, photo paper, and time.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: For document printing - Setting the print quality to Draft will conserve ink, but the print quality
    will be reduced.
    Click Properties or Preferences from your printing application to access the print quality settings.
    Draft quality applies less ink to the page compared to Normal quality.
    Best quality applies more ink to the page than Normal quality.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: To maximize the life of your color ink cartridge - Use the “Print Colors as Black and White”
    option for routine documents where color is not necessary.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Turning the printer off when it is not in use will not conserve ink. If your printer is connected to a
    power source and turned on at all times, it will go into power-saving (sleep) mode to conserve power. To return to
    operating mode, send a print request to the printer or press a button on the control panel.
    Chris Morris: which allows us to pass on substantial savings to our customers.???????? That is very much not true-I
    have not printed many pages with these cartridges and they are empty-I have only printed maybe 100-150 pages and they
    are both empty. This is not saving me money-i have owned several printers and this is by far the worst I have owned in
    terms of value. I will definitely be visiting as many massage boards and complaint websites as I possibly can to let people
    know what a ripoff Kodak printers are-you have been friendly but the company you work for has taken my money and I am
    not happy about it
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: We are sorry to know that you are quite unhappy with the ink yield and you believe that it does
    not save your money; we truly apologize for the inconvenience caused.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: When shopping and comparing printer and ink value, we believe you should consider the
    combination of ink cartridge price and actual output page yield. In fact, for a valid comparison, you should compare the
    actual cost of ink per page; this is the only reliable metric to provide you with the best shopping experience.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Overall, to compare how much ink is in a cartridge is misleading because the ml (milliliter)
    volume is based on a combination of the cost per cartridge, output page yield, and varying printer efficiencies among the
    four leading printer systems today.
    Chris Morris: So that is it? We're sorry you aren't happy and we dont care if you are no longer a customer?
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Kodak's aim is to resolve its customers' concerns and make them happy.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: If you believe that the ink yield was not satisfactory, we highly recommend that you follow the
    suggestions which I have provided.
    Chris Morris: That does not make me happy.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: I request you to purchase new ink cartridge and try the suggestions.
    Chris Morris: Wow-i did not think of that-thank you ever so much
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: I am quite confident that those suggestions will certainly help you in maximizing the number of
    prints.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: We would like to inform you that QualityLogic (QLI) has conducted exhaustive ink yield studies
    of Kodak All-in-One printers and numerous comparable inkjet printers, leveraging ISO Standards. Ink yield values for
    black text documents and color graphics and text documents were obtained by continuous printing in accordance with
    ISO/IEC 24711 testing methodology. Ink yield values for photos were obtained by continuous printing in accordance with
    QualityLogic Color Photo Yield Test Methodology. QLI conducted a total of five North American printer-model-cost-of-inkper-
    page studies; reports can be found at http://www.qualitylogic.com/Contents/Library/Test-Reports/Kodak-MFPCoIPP-
    Index.aspx.
    Chris Morris: I will try your suggestions with my next printer-which will not be a kodak
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Kodak recognizes that you have the choice of purchasing products of other brands, but we just
    want to remind you that Kodak’s aim is to simply meet significant, unmet consumer needs . As the world’s foremost
    imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of pictures and
    printing to enrich their lives and strengthen and deepen relationships. Kodak believes that the time is right to offer a
    choice in consumer inkjet printing that encourages people to print more for less.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Please try the suggestions which I have provided. It will certainly help you in getting more
    number of prints from the ink cartridges.
    Mobaiz Ali Mohammed: Is there anything else that I may assist you with?
    Chris Morris: Anything else? That would imply that you have helped me at all. I thank you for your time and I will let you
    go so you can "help" someone else-good night

faulty printer

Raju Gandla (Responding)

Raju Gandla: Welcome to Kodak, my name is Raju Gandla. Please wait while I review your question.
Raju Gandla: I can certainly help you with this I would just like to get some information about your printer before we begin.
Raju Gandla: If you have an incident reference number from a previous contact or from a My Support on-line session, please provide that to me.
bonny etchell: I don't have one as I've just thought it ws out of ink each time and bought so many cartridges now./
bonny etchell: error 3508 is constant
Raju Gandla: Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. Rest assured that I do my best to assist you on your concern.
Raju Gandla: May I know is the printer model number ESP 5250?
bonny etchell: yes that is correct
Raju Gandla: I would be happy to assist you with this.Would you like to receive email from us about product news and special offers?
bonny etchell: no
Raju Gandla: Okay. In what month and year was this printer purchased?
bonny etchell: ive spent enough money on cartridges so far
bonny etchell: im very unhappy and want a refund on this printer
bonny etchell: I have some very important work to print off today
Raju Gandla: I apologize for the trouble. However please do not get worried about it as we are here to help you with this.
bonny etchell: I can't remember. some time last year
Raju Gandla: Okay. May I know are you contacting us from United Kingdom or Ireland?
bonny etchell: UK
Raju Gandla: Thank you for all the information.
Raju Gandla: May I know are you using genuine Kodak 10-series ink cartridges for your Printer?
bonny etchell: yes I am... each time. Its been very expensive. Ive thrown away cartridges, it seems, that were full!!
Raju Gandla: Okay. May I know all the troubleshooting steps which you have done before contacting us?
bonny etchell: all of them. Im exasperated with it. downloaded the drivers again, downloaded firmware...
bonny etchell: switched on and off many many times. Ive been here 3 hours already!
bonny etchell: put in another new cartridge yet again!
Raju Gandla: I must appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue before contacting us.
Raju Gandla: Okay.
Raju Gandla: May I know did you make sure that the colour ink cartridge sit firmly in the print head?
bonny etchell: yes
bonny etchell: ive even had the cradle out and cleaned it
Raju Gandla: Okay. Is the ink cartridge a refilled ink cartridge?
bonny etchell: no. its a new one that I bought... a Kodak one. Ive bought 3 of each (colour and black) since I owned it and only ever printed of two documents!!!
Raju Gandla: Okay. May I know did you clean the print head with any liquid or clothe or any non liquid things?
bonny etchell: it is a faulty printer
bonny etchell: no I didn't I just blew on it.
Raju Gandla: Okay. Please always clean the print head from the Maintenance option on the printer and do not try to clean in any other ways. Because the print head get damaged.
bonny etchell: it won't do this! it won't do anything as the error message won't go away
Raju Gandla: Okay.
Raju Gandla: May I know did you check and update the printer firmware?
bonny etchell: I have tried and it is impossible as I can't get the error message to go, therefor the maintenance options and all other options wont work
bonny etchell: yes, I have already said that
Raju Gandla: Okay.
Raju Gandla: Where was this ink purchased?
bonny etchell: Curry's in Sheffield
bonny etchell: where I bought the printer from
Raju Gandla: May I know have you made any prints or been able to perform a printhead cleaning with the ink cartridge installed?
bonny etchell: please understand; I have done all the right things, bought all the right products and looked after this very well. Can we please just get to the technical part and get it fixed sa this is not due to anything I have done. Its cost me soo much money so far
bonny etchell: No it won't do anything at all like I said previously, due to the error message that will not go from the printer screen
Raju Gandla: Thank you so much for your precious time in helping me with all the details.
bonny etchell: I need it to get rid of the error message before it can do anything that makes any senser!
Raju Gandla: I will send you the brand new colour ink cartridge for free of cost as a one time goodwill. Please install it and check the printer for any error.
Raju Gandla: In case if there is any error message, please contact us back immediately for further assistance.
bonny etchell: I have a brand new one here that I have just opened and put in... IT WON'T WORK!
Raju Gandla: Okay.
bonny etchell: there is an error message 3508 and I want help with it. It doesn't make a difference if you send me another cartridge... I have plenty I have bought and they don't work!
bonny etchell: The printer is the issue not the cartridges
Raju Gandla: I agree that you have checked with multiple ink cartridges however the printer still shows the same error. However please install the colour ink cartridge which I am going to send and check the printer.
Raju Gandla: I am sure it will starts working again.
bonny etchell: how. can you assist me please as I have been trying for 3 hours now!
Raju Gandla: We are always just one click away from you to help you further issues with the printer.
Raju Gandla: This is the solution and the best we can do according to this error.
bonny etchell: you are not helping me though. you want me to go away now
bonny etchell: so what is the answer?
bonny etchell: I want a replacement printer please? who do I complain to?
bonny etchell: I'm going to place this conversation on the internet then so that everyone can see how ineffective KODAK are. I'm going to make sure that the world knows how terrible the products are and how bad the service is.
bonny etchell: can you please assist me to fix this error code?!
Raju Gandla: I truly understand from your point of view and I am confident that the colour ink cartridge which I will be sending you should fix all the issues and you would be happy to use the printer again.
bonny etchell: IT WILL NOT.. I've used 3 so far Raju like I've told you. The printer will not work!!! How do I remove the error code? this is what you need to help me with, otr get a manager that can help?
Raju Gandla: If I were you I would have though the same and we have done all the possible troubleshooting steps related to this issue and I have also given you the solution.
bonny etchell: That might make your day easier if I just accept what you are saying, but it makes my day harder as it will not work. This is not good service I#'m afraid. This is very bad service and obvious that Kodak just want to take money and not deal with complaints effectively. Bad practice!
bonny etchell: You have not listened to me at all. So when I put the new cartridge in (which I have done today) and it says the same and I contact you again... then what will you say?? the same probably???
Raju Gandla: I apologize if you take me in a wrong way because always my intention is to help my customers with the proper solution. So that they will not face any more issues further by using our products.
bonny etchell: What is your solution Raju?? I think I missed it
bonny etchell: I amm not aware that you have givenme a solution. Also if you do a google search you will see so many other people have the same problem with this printer.. Why have Kodak not got a solution yet?
Raju Gandla: We will surely accept your feedback to improve our services. Thank you for sharing your precious feedback with us.
bonny etchell: who can I speak to now?
bonny etchell: I want this solving
Raju Gandla: Please give me a few minutes to research the answer. I will be with you shortly.
bonny etchell: http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/kodak-esp-3-all-in-one-printer-c317513.html Here is one to start with
Raju Gandla: Okay.
Raju Gandla: Thank you for your time and patience.
Raju Gandla: I have checked with my resources.
bonny etchell: Is there a solution
bonny etchell: Also, where can I complain to?
Raju Gandla: The solution is that to install the colour ink which I am sending to you for free of cost as we suspect the ink cartridge which you have bought might be faulty.
bonny etchell: I have bought 3! and 3 black one! and they are not faulty... Didi you actually check anything?? can you tell me where you checked please so that I can read this too
Raju Gandla: I have been honestly giving you all the details. I am sorry to say that we can not replace the printer according to this issue.
Raju Gandla: This is the last point of contact.
bonny etchell: What do I need to do to get some service here? Do I need to contact Antonio M. Perez will he know how to fix his faulty printers?
bonny etchell: This is not the last point of contact. If it is then I'm going to make it my project to find who is next in line and contact them.. including going to the press so that everyone can know not top buy anything from Kodak.
bonny etchell: are you telling me that the solution to a faulty printer is for Kodak to have a policy of just sending out a cartridge?! It might keep some people happy who don't know better and it seems that Kodak are relying on that, but not me Raju. I want better service than that please. Please tell me how to remove the error code/
Raju Gandla: I truly understand from your point of view. I apologize for the trouble.
Raju Gandla: We are suspecting the ink cartridge which you bought might be faulty series. In order check this we would like to send you the colour ink cartridge for free of cost.
bonny etchell: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/antonio-m-perez/3b/949/220 seems I can email him directly with the transcript of our conversation
Raju Gandla: And we are also saying that in case if it does not fix the issue. Please contact us back.
Raju Gandla: We are ready and glad to help you further also with this issue and I will give you the reference number for this interaction.
bonny etchell: Look Raju, I have bought 3 lots of ink over a few months. They will not all be from the same batch. Your cartridge will not help and YOU KNOW IT WONT. I want you to remove the error message. or find someone who can do this
Raju Gandla: I personally escalate this case to my higher level as you are not satisfied with the solution for this issue.
bonny etchell: ok, I just bought another one from another store. Just now. My husband has brought it in. Just put it in
bonny etchell: its not working, same message. Can you assist now please
Raju Gandla: I have done my best in this regards and I would like to personally escalate this case to my higher level as you are not satisfied with the solution for this issue.
Raju Gandla: They will review all the case details and get back to you with in one or two business days.
Raju Gandla: May I know your contact number for further communication with you about this?
bonny etchell: [protected] (uk)
bonny etchell: not good enough though really. I need the printer today!
bonny etchell: [protected] is my mobile number. Someone can call me now
Raju Gandla: I do understand the need of the printer for you. I am sorry for this. I have given the solution and also checked with my resources and they said the same.
Raju Gandla: However at the end you should be satisfied with the solution for this issue.
bonny etchell: http://www.linkedin.com/search/fpsearch?type=people&keywords=eastman+kodak&pplSearchOrigin=GLHD&pageKey=nprofile_v2_view_fs#facets=keywords%3Deastman%2520kodak%26search%3DSearch%2520Search%26companyId%3D%26facetsOrder%3DCC%252CN%252CG%252CI%252CPC%252CED%252CL%252CFG%252CTE%252CFA%252CSE%252CP%252CCS%252CF%252CDR%26inNetworkSearch%3Dfalse%26pplSearchOrigin%3DFCTD%26keepFacets%3Dtrue%26facet_CC%3D1515%26openFacets%3DCC%252CN%252CG I guess I just email them all with this
Raju Gandla: So I will be escalating from my end to contact you regarding this.
Raju Gandla: May I please have the Kodak Service Number for your printer? You can find this number by opening the printer access door like you are going to change the ink cartridges. This number will be located on the left hand side.
bonny etchell: 1343058 but I need help today.. This is not very good at all
Raju Gandla: I wish I could have done this however there is a stand procedure which we need to follow and I am sure they will contact you with in one or two business days.
Raju Gandla: May I know the 20 digit serial number of your printer? This number can be located underneath the printer. It starts with CN.
bonny etchell: well, I want a new printer... I have enough cartridges to last me a lifetime ina printer that would work! Whatr a total waste of good money Kodak is. I hope they pay you well, as they are making enough money from consumers buying faulty products from them!!! Not satisfied at all and will never buy Kodak again.
bonny etchell: cn1k620572254aaL1135
Raju Gandla: I may not give you any kind of assurance as the issue is being escalated. I am sorry. Thank you for all the details.
Raju Gandla: I deeply apologize for all the inconvenience which this issue caused to you. But please do not get worried about this.

Raju Gandla: Each and every problem has its own solution but it needs little time and patience.
Raju Gandla: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Raju Gandla: I have not received a response from you in the last 3 minutes. I would like the opportunity to continue our dialog and resolve your issue. Please respond soon or this discussion will end.
bonny etchell: I am worried whether you tell me to or not. I needed to print some very important documents off today. It's sunday and there is nowhere else I can print this! So how can I not worry?? I don't really appreciate being patronised either. Kodaks customer service training must teach people how to patronise their clients with simplistic and robotic answers. It's unprofessional and helping to continue the scam of selling faulty equipment.

WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO USE THE LAST 35% OF THE INK IN CARTRIGE

WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO USE THE LAST 35% OF THE INK IN CARTRIGE. An error message comes up to say I am out of color ink (code 3508), When in fact the cartridge still has at lest 35% ink left. In an HONIST company, the error code would come up to let you know that you are getting low in ink, but KODAK stops the printing process until you change the cartridge. You can't even take it out and put it back. This is a robbery of 35% of your ink for every cartridge. If a gas station tried to take 35% of you gas there would be hell to pay!

WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO USE THE LAST 35% OF THE INK IN CARTRIGE

Rude & Aggressive Store owner & staff

I visited the KodakExpress Store located at Himgiri Building A 3, Lokhandwala market (Opp Food Inn Rest) as I was in this area today.
While waiting realised that everyone around seemed to be very uncomfortable with all the heat being generated with spot lights and bulbs that were switched on as the store front space was also the photo clicking area. I was shocked to learn from the staff and by observing that in the Mumbai heat, the store owner had decided not to put any air conditioner in the photo area of the store 9where the maximum heat is generated) but only in a small section inside where his own desk was an he seemed to be entertaining guests.
The staff were already misbehaving with a gentleman who was looking to get copies of his photograph. The staff had no idea of the sizes of photos and instead were giving him a mouthful about wasting their time about it! After that the owner from inside kept passing nasty comments as well. he was inciting the staff to misbehave with customers. he seemed only interested in taking Portfolio pictures of models in the area! others with lesser value were not supposed to "waste his precious time". It was quite odd that even during my picture being taken the owner who was entertaining some guest in the inside section was busy staring. He kept talking nonsense about if not being a model, he didn't want people to come waste their time. I believe this store is set up to take portfolio pictures of struggling models in the area and the store owner doesn't have the basic education or sense to behave with people who aren't sensational enough for him (at his disgusting old age)! The least they can do is put up a sign outside saying - "only interested in women model customers and other will be dealt with brashly!" at least this will save everyone their time and grace.
This has been such a time consuming and annoying experience at an otherwise effortless task. such people should truly be banned from starting any service offering shop and ruining the brand name of such a big Global company!!

prints horizontal lines

I gave my old Kodak printer to my mother and purchased a new wireless Kodak printer. My wireless runs out of ink quickly and won't print anything. Meanwhile, my old printer that I gave to my mother prints with horizontal lines. I initially replaced the ink cartridges for her. I tested and there were still lines. I cleaned the inside of printer, but it still did no good. After reading all these complaints, I am inclined to agree, that there's something rotten in Denmark. The wireless printer, I haven't used in a long time and I don't think it would give out of ink that quickly. Also, I don't understand why you can't print in gray scale.

• Ro
    Ron1000 Aug 09, 2012

I purchased the Kodak ESP 3 because I was tired of paying an exorbitant amount of money for ink that other printers required. It turns out I am still doing that because this printer is only capable of printing maybe 50 pages (approximately 10% of what is advertised) before it locks up in the middle of a job and refuses to print anything else until you replace 1 or both of the cartridges. I have not had a problem with the print quality of this printer. I just feel it is undependable, because you never know when it will just stop printing, I also feel I am being ripped off as I don't think Kodak is not living up to it's advertising. Time to buy a laser printer and throw this piece of junk where it belongs...in the trash.

printhead replacement frequency

the Kodak ESP C110 printer model in the subject line is a crap product. we got the kodak ESP C110 because the...

Print Cartridges Run Through Ink Quickly

I purchased a Kodak ESP-310 printer in September 2011 being impressed with their advertising about getting the best print cost in the market. I found after three months that this information was very misleading.

I do very little printing and yet after a month and about 50 pages (mainly just text using black ink) I had to purchase another set of cartridges. After another month and little printing I purchased another set of cartridges. I then contacting the Kodak support (chat) who decided to send me another printer to try (I had asked for a refund but to no avail).

I tried the replacement printer and again with just 39 pages (primarily text printed in draft mode) 35% of the new cartridges were gone. At this point I am into owning the printer for about 95 days and still very dissatisfied. I again contact the Kodak support chat line. I was told everything from "your printer will be fine" to "your print cartridges just use a lot of ink when setting up a new printer, you'll get much more printing from the printer now", I asked for a refund several times or a name and address of an executive in Koak and was given the run-around on both. Very unprofessional and frustrating.

Finally I brought the printer back in its original packing to Walmart who promptly told me they would not return it since it was past 90 days since purchase. I left the printer at Walmart (have receipts they printed showing they weren't allow to return it) and walked out losing $70 purchase price in the process.

This was the first Kodak product I have purchased and will be my last. Misleading advertising on lost cost printing and very poor technical customer service.

• Ji
    Jimmy Beans Jun 18, 2012

I have the exact same problem with this crappy printer. The drivers are terrible and need to be reinstalled over and over if you want to use wifi. And as the other poster above said, the ink runs out faster than any printer I have ever owned before. About 40 pages printed and both my black and color cartridges are now out. This printer is a piece of junk, I would not recommend it to anyone.

False Out-Of-Ink Message

I have a Kodak ESP-9. I have purchased 8 color cartridges in the last 4 months and as many black cartridges. This is the only printer I have and was desperate to have it work, obviously. I have had the printer replaced twice. After seeing commercials for the Kodak ESP-9 printer in July 2010. I checked the ink costs and purchased one from your TV commercial. I used it only 3 times at one week of owning it the printer said it was out of color ink. Even though there was black ink left and it had printed fine the last time I used it, the printer locked itself in standby mode. I found this very suspicious and took apart the ink cartidge to find all of the sponges damp with ink (enough to stain my fingers). I contacted Kodak where I was instructed to purchase a new color cartridge, well, the printer wasn't happy and I also had to purchase a black cartridge as well. I also checked into refilling the cartridges and found they are electronically disabled to prevent future use. After installing new cartridges I disabled all color printing through control panel/print options (Jan). March 3rd 2010 I wanted to print two photos and went in my settings to allow color printing. Even though the new color cartridge had never been used the graphic shows that 1/4 of the color ink is gone which is the exact amount of black ink gone. After I printed the two photos it dropped even more and once again I have suspended color printing. It is my opinion that these printers are programmed to report false ink levels to the consumer to ensure the sale of Ink cartridges. The fact that they advertise how they will save you money is a fraudulent claim. After contacting Kodak via phone and email I could find no help on how to reactivate a disabled cartridge if it was refilled or still had ink left. Several phone calls to customer service told me it happens when the printer is left on when not in use as the ink dries out; I do not EVER leave the printer on. She told me to take out the print head and put it back in. Nothing customer service tells me has worked to make my cartridges last. It is appalling when I have to replace the color cartridge in one week and have only printed 5 sheets of Googe Maps!! Absolutely appalling! It is easy to see that the printer isn't monitoring ink levels at all or a refilled cartridge would work the same as a new one. After reviewing all literature available at the time of purchase no where does Kodak inform its consumer of this deceptive strategy.

KODAK ESP6100 PRINTER

Do not buy this printer! I had a perfectly good working printer but was tired of buying Ink and when I saw this one on display in Walmart advertising "Lowest cost Ink" I bought it. I figured it would be worth the $140 since it would save me time and money in the long run. Wrong! This turned out to be the most expensive printer in terms of ink cost of any printer I've ever owned. It turns out that yes, you can buy a little black cartridge for around $10.99, but if you have a lot of printing to do you'll be lucky if it makes it through the day. I haven't counted pages but I've had these go out in a day or two! It gets worse, When this get low on ink it just quits! You gotta stop what you're doing right then and there and head to Walmart or Office Depot unless you keep extras on hand. I have owned many printers and most I thought were pretty bad because of the same reason but none came close to this one. Especially considering their advertising if touting "Low Ink Cost" or something to that effect. I'LL NEVER TRUST KODAK AGAIN!

Not what was advertised

This copier is a complete rip-off and buying it and depending upon it has already caused me hundreds of dollars in out of pocket expenses from lost business that was a direct result of me not being able to submit paperwork at the times that I needed to because this brand new piece of $hit copier wouldn't make copies.OUTRAGEOUS!!!
My Kodak ESP C310 is 6 weeks old.I have checked and double checked to ensure that is connected properly so many times I have lost count.About one out of four times that I need to run a copy of something the copier works as it should. The rest of the time you will spend a minimum of 20 minutes going over and over everything to find out why the piece of junk isn't working, and after doing that it still may not work at all despite everything being connected, even if all you need to do is shoot a single copy of a document.
I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy and I hope that what happened to me never happens to anyone else!!!

kclady48 Oct 12, 2011

I have a good relationship with the manager of the store where I bought it. I intend to talk to him and see if he will possibly let me exchange it for a different brand, because although I've had it over 14 days I haven't had it much more than that.
    No, I'm not going to let it keep costing me time and money.Thanks for your input :)

windrider Oct 17, 2011

so your solution is cut your losses and go buy another printer, what's wrong in making a company make a good product and something worth carring home for a change, and quit making infearal garbage that we can use and not clutter the land fills with more junk from these companies

kclady48 Oct 19, 2011

What does returning an almost new copier to the store, because it doesn't work, to exchange it for a brand that works have to do with cluttering landfills?

windrider Oct 19, 2011

1st i was not talking about your comment, if you will read all comment's i am referring to the comment about why not consider it a loss and go buy a new copier instead of even messing with it. that is the typical response now a days, i say we need to make companies make sure a product is good before the consumer has to take the loss, and you should know now as well as anyone, what does the normal consumer do with the copier that they consider it a loss? through it away.it just like this kodak copier they sent it out to the consumer even before the bugs where worked out if not why was the 1st thing you had to do to try and get it to work, do a firmware update!

kclady48 Oct 21, 2011

Thanks for your attention to my concern. Have a nice day.

windrider Oct 21, 2011

you are very wecome.have a nice day back to you

not printing correctly

Suddenly my photos were not printing properly and it looked like it needed black ink so I went and bought black ink. Then I got a message to replace the colored cartridge. I did that and it still didn't work. Then I got a new printhead and I'm now getting a message to replace the color cartridge when I just bought a brand new one... So now I've spent $50 on a new printhead, and $30 for new cartridges... I'm really upset.. I practically could have bought a new printer. How do I get my money back? I've only had my printer aio 3250 for a little over a year but haven't really used it that much??

• Ph
    photographer10 Jul 12, 2011

I really did love it and it was printing out some wonderful photos but where and how do I contact the company??

useless product

This printer is the biggest piece of crap I've ever purchased. Can't figure out if I want to throw it out the window or take it in my back yard with a sludge hammer. What ever you do when looking for a printer is DO NOT purchase a Kodak printer. Back to HP I go...

bad quality

I have purchased this Kodak Easyshare Z980 camera in 2009, after I used it about one month, each time I take a picture, it takes about 10sec to process it, then you can take another picture, I thought that was setting problem. In June 2010, I called Kodak Tech Support, the technician told me that I have to have the camera with me in order to trouble shooting, I didn’t have it at time, so he asked call back and give me the case # 6230487,

I didn’t follow up the call till today, I called the Kodak Tech Support again, they have done all the trouble shooting and determined this camera has problem, but because the warranty has been out, I have to pay to the repair, Kodak will give me $25.00 off for the repair, or 15% off I can purchase another Kodak camera as this one doesn’t work right.

I told them that is not right, as they have confirmed this is quality issue, they should extend my warranty to fix this problem, as it happened right after I purchased this camera, also there is record shows that I have called regarding of this issue, but they tried to tell me, this is not warranty item, so they can do nothing other than I have to pay for their quality problem.

I consider this is a very bad business, I can’t believe they have such a poor service, when I called in, one person even hang up the phone for he doesn’t think that he should listen where I’m coming from.

Kodak has bad product and bad service..

ccd

ccd failed .
Purchased from trissur, india photo house before two years.
ccd failed before one year.Tried to get your cochin office.Didn't get the divice from ther and i tried to get the ccd from mumbai.Anywhere else i am not getting the spare .Hence i can't use this camera entire one year.My job is teaching photography.Please get me the ccd as erly as possible.My email address is [protected]@gmail.com

waste of ink, time, money

I bought an ESP-3 machine and three months later, after replacing ink maybe 5 times, the printer started printing either solid black or solid white blotches everywhere on my text and black/white prints. I have contacted Kodak and they have refused to send me a replacement print head. I don't recommend buying this machine. Its awful, loud, and uses much more ink than advertised.

Did not work

I bought two 4packs of AA Kodak Batteries for my camera. My first granddaughter was being born, I was in a hurry, I really wanted pictures of her the first day of her life!! Well, guess what, the batteries didnt work, neither pack!!! I have a Kodak camera and love it, I was sooooo disappointed I couldnt get any pictures on her first day of life!!! I expect some kind of compensation for this!!! Debbie Sharp PO Box 85 Malta, Ohio 43758.
Thank You!

multple defects/problems

I purchased a Kodak 7250 about 2 months ago, and almost right away it didn't work right. The on button does nothing no matter how many times it's pressed, after scanning a document to make a copy the printed copy is a different size and only part of it is actually on the paper and adjusting the size before printing doesn't help, it turned off by itself and the only way to get it to start up again was to unplug it, the OK button didn't do anything ever, when I changed the black ink cartridge the machine kept telling me it was empty same with the color cartridge, and every single document I printed resulted in the last page being printed blurry. I tried the on-line chat 2 times and it said this service was not available but on the third try it allowed me to vent but I gave up after literally 35 minutes of no response. Then I went on-line and saw all the complaints about their printers and thought holy cow this thing is junk and the service is non-existant, look at all these other complaints. I called Kodak while I was on the chat thing and after more than 45 miutes someone picked up and said he was sending me to the special ESP-7250 & 9250 department. Well they obviously have big issues with these things because although they refused to refund my money they were quick to offer a replacement which will be here in 3 to 8 business days. I don't hold out much hope that the replacement will be totally fine for years to come. Besides the obvious issues it isn't a very solid sounding unit, it isn't user friendly from the stand point of getting it to scan and save because there's a lot of steps to get through including setting it to best print quality every time you want to print. Why can't you set it to best print setting and save the setting? Who wants a substandard copy? I copy documents to use in my business I can't hand someone a blurry contract, the default should be the best etting from the beginning. I would definately NOT reccommend this unit. Ironically there's a story from 2 days ago about Kodak's lawsuits against iphone and RIM and the author says it's Kodaks business model to utilize the patent infringements as a major source of income. WOW that's incredible and short sighted. Hey Kodak ever hear of R&D?

Cheap but does not last

I purchased 2 Kodak ESP 3 printers because they advertise about how cheap their Ink Cartridges are. They are about half the price of the hp cartridges I was using because they have hardly any ink in them. I do the same printing with the Kodak as I did with my 9 year old hp 720 printer. The hp lasted for months before it ran out of ink, the Kodak has to be replaced every 2 weeks if I'm lucky. Don't believe their adds because you have to buy 3 times as many cartridges so you spend more money. They lie!

• Ai
    aileen weedon Jan 18, 2011

Yes Jeremy your right.. these cartridges run out ( according to the printer ) when they are still giving excellent print quality... you have to change them or the printer won't work.. I find these cartridges cost more to use than any other printer used over the past years.. a rip off in my opinion...aileen

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices