Hotwire / misrepresentation of hotels

1 San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 310-689-7585

I needed to reserve a hotel room near Charles de Gaulle airport. Hotwire promoted a marginal two star hotel as a four star hotel in the airport. The hotel is in fact more than the .2 kilometers that was advertised. I have used numerous internet websites for hotel reservations usually successfully. I would advise anyone to never use Hotwire. Once I discovered the name of the hotel after payment unfortunately, I found that the hotel was selling for less per night on any other internet reservation; and that the reviews are overwhelmingly negative.

Hotwire is being dishonest, do not use them for anything.

Comments

• Bb
      23rd of Feb, 2009

Booked a "4 star" hotel in the Galleria area of Houston thru Hotwire.com. In short we were totally robbed. Never stay at the Intercontinental-Houston at 2222 West Loop S, Houston, TX 77027

This may have been a 4 star hotel in the past but you can tell it's been a while since this was the case.

Offenses -
    1: Booked a king bed, instead I got 2 double beds. Was told the only king available was an accessible room so I couldn't have it. Whatever...

2: Room was not just small, but cramped, tiny & the A/C never got the room cool.

2: They actually charge for internet access. From $6.xx per hour.

3. Ate in their restaraunt and found unidentified foreign food particles in my sorbet (after I ate some of it).

4. Watched as a nasty house roach, not the outdoor kind... the disgusting kind that like to live in filth, climb up the wall just next to our booth while we waited for the check.

5. At 2:00 am, every guest in the entire 20+ floor hotel was awakened by a loudspeaker instructing us to evacuate because of a fire.

6: Again at 2:30 am... same thing

7: Again at 3:00 am... same thing

Each time the hotel staff refused to explain & were outwardly hostile toward concerned guests.

8: My pillow smelled like someone else had been sleeping on it before me.

9: Woke up again at 4:am because my entire body was itching and I had swollen watery eyes. I had to shower again just to get the itching and coughing under control.

10: No coffee in our room. There was a coffee pot but no coffee. No one would answer from room service or the front desk.

11: No breakfast/No coffee downstairs at 7:00 am, went to waffle house.

Now I can't even be objective. I'm too mad, I can find fault with their very existence.

Thank you Hotwire.com! you suck...