Having problems with Hotwire?

Hotwire reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 16, 2007. The latest review Hotwire was posted on Jun 2, 2021. The latest complaint car rental was resolved on Aug 13, 2018. Hotwire has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 434 reviews. Hotwire has resolved 83 complaints.

Hotwire Customer Service Contacts

1866 381 3981 (USA and Canada)
1866 468 9473 (USA and Canada)
1844 207 0303 (Flights, USA and Canada)
1855 326 0772 (Hotels, USA and Canada)
1855 677 0745 (Cars, USA and Canada)
+1 877 787 7186 (Customer Service)
+1 417 520 1680 (International)
+1 417 520 1693 (Flights, International)
655 Montgomery St Ste 600
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hotwire Customer Service. Initial Hotwire complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hotwire above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hotwire. Discuss the issues you have had with Hotwire and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Hotwire Complaints & Reviews

Hotwireflight booking incorrect - refuse to resolve

I recently booked a flight on Delta through Hotwire. Hotwire misspelled my name, my email and then sent me a confirmation that never arrived. I called and was put on hold twice for 55 minutes, 45 minutes, and then just called again as if to book a reservation and got right through. They then corrected the email and said they corrected the name on the ticket. I then received the original email with the ticket confirmation. I checked in with Delta to confirm the reservation and they did not have it. Back to Hotwire, same hold issues, then again with the name spelling and this time they sent a note to Delta documenting the mistake. It is now the day before the flight and Delta has the confirmation number, but does not have the correct spelling of my name and confirms that I will have problems with security when I try to check in. They said to insist that Hotwire re-issue the ticket with the correct name. Hotwire says it can't and its Delta's problem not theirs.

• Na
      natet Apr 19, 2012

I have learned a costly lesson, over a $1000 dollar, purchased tix on Hotwire. Emergency came up, missed flight. Funds from unused, still "open" ticket gone, Delta can't do anything, Hotwife don't refund or cancel unused tickets. .. oh and a few hours waiting on phone to learn that.

Hotwire.comlied and mis presented the terms of the agreement would be an understatement

I booked a rental car with the stipulation that I needed an infant car seat. Prior to booking, I repeatedly stated I HAD to have an infant car seat. Because of their "no-refund, no cancellation" policy, I told the agent several times I HAD to have a car seat. She said, "no problem -- when we're finished with this reservation, just call Alamo to reserve the car seat." She gave me Alamo's phone number, and went on to say, "We require all our car rental agencies to have infant seats and GPS". SHe assured me I could call the car rental agency and reserve the infant car seat. After I completed the booking, I immediately called Alamo and was told they I could NOT add a car seat to the reservation because "the reservation belongs to Hotwire". I explained that I HAD to have one for my 10-month old grandchild, and Alamo basically said "tough". I then called Hotwire back to cancel the reservation, because I had been LIED to, and they basically said "tough."

So, to say they LIED and MISREPRESENTED the terms of the agreement would be an understatement. The girl who took my reservation flat-out liked, made a false, deceptive, and misleading claim when she told me that reserving the infant car seat would be "no problem". She repeated several times, "no problem, no problem, no problem." When I asked for Hotwire's corporate headquarters, I was told "I'm not allowed to give out that information." SCAM. I am filing reports with BBB and California Attorney General Office demanding a refund of my $357 car rental.

Hotwirebait and switch

Avoid hotwire at all costs
      My wife booked 2 nights on hotwire in northern michigan for us and our two sons... As one of hotwire's "hotdeals" you dont get to see the hotel, but get the amenities... Pool, jacuzzi, etc. This was a "3 star hotel" according to hotwire. When she ordered and paid for it with no refunds as an option, we found that the hotel was a best western motor lodge with exterior doors. We went on their website and the self described facility by best western was 2 stars! I called hotwire and explained that in late february in northern michigan we cannot have boys running outside to go to the pool, vending machine, game room, etc... And that their "3 star hotel" was really a "2 star motel". All I wanted was a refund of a purchase made 30 minutes ago, but no such luck. After escalating through 3 supervisors, and explaining that we had used hotwire for 20 years, and that a refund will be issued to me by amex anyway, they would not cancel the reservation... My duty is to now tell you all what a bait and switch you risk with this non customer friendly company... Do not use them... I wont after 20 years of doing so...

• My
          mybabydaddy Jul 15, 2013

I was given a choice of making reservation at a nice 3 star hotel in Redwood city, ca. After I made the purchase they switched me to a 1.5 star hotel. The price of that hotel on their site was much cheaper than going through hotwire. I called the customer service to cancel the reservation. They denied any bait-and-switch and kept parroting that it is a non-refundable purchase. Called Visa, they said they will give the money back for something I did not get any service. After a few weeks the credit card dispute was declined. So the way Visa handled the issue is also shady. If they had told me I would not get my money back, I had the choice of staying in the dump for a few days instead of spending money again on another hotel stay during the same period. Hotwire misleads it's customers on their site. I don't know how long they can continue to rip off people.

Lesson I learned for $350 is don't use Hotwire. Stay away from them. They are just like Priceline which charged me for a hotel room and left me on the street with no where to go. I will never use Hotwire or Priceline. Just become a loyalty member of a nice hotels. You will be treated much better and you will travel with no stress.

• Do
          DownwithHotwire Jun 12, 2012

I had the same situation with Hotwire.com. I was told the hotel was on Ft. Myers Beach, FL when in actuality (after I confirmed), it's more like a place called Captiva Island, which is about 4 miles south of where I wanted to be. I tried to fight incessantly, but I keep being ignored and mistreated. I am a lawyer, class action suit anyone??

Maria Rebelo Feb 21, 2012

TO to any one thinking about booking a hotel with HOTWIRE PLEASE DONT DO IT. If you think their price is too good to be true is because it is. I made the Mistake to book a hotel in Santo Domingo and since you don't know the hotel name or the location until you agree to their term they have all the right to take your money. In my case there was not hotel confirmation and not hotel name or phone numbers. I sent several email to HOTWIRE BUT THEY NEVER REPLY. After a few days of frustration my boyfriend and I book another hotel but yes HOTWIRE STILL CHARGED $185 Dollars for the 2 night we never received. They told me they send me an email but I never received anything from them. i Contact my email provider and there was not email sent by HOTWIRE. I still give them the opportunity to provide prove so I ask them to provide me copy of that email with the day and time they send but I still haven't received anything. That was almost two month ago. According to them there is nothing we can do because I AGREE TO THE THE TERMS. So be aware of what you are agreeing and read before you say yes to HOTWIRE OR THEY GET YOUR MONEY AND YOUR HOLIDAY WILL TORN IN A NIGHT MARE.

• Ki
          kimwyntoboe Jul 12, 2011

Booked a hotel through Hotwire, so they and the hotel got my money already, right? So, I get to the hotel Sunbrite Apartments where I was greeted by the manager who says there's a "problem" with some of their rooms. So she sends me to another hotel The Shelley that belongs to a group including the original hotel that I wanted which has lovely condo-style rooms with a kitchen and Wi-Fi. Instead, I was sent to the Shelley hotel in the group that had tiny rooms with no Wi-Fi, no kitchen which I really needed to save money. It ruined my vacation plans in this respect and eating in restaurants was very expensive. Curiously, the room became available on my fourth night in Miami. I was already bitterly disappointed by this hotel, but wanted to get out of the Shelley. I think Hotwire doesn't care what happens to the customer after booking and taking your money. I think the scam is to allow hotels to bait customers and get paid for the service. Prepaid reservation, never again! I decide what happens to my money before I spend it and no one hijacks it!

• Aj
          AJ Green Feb 16, 2011

I reserved a car through Hotwire and received a confirmation. When I appeared at the airport to pick up the car, the rental company (Budget) refused to honor the price. I was forced to rent a car at a much higher price because by then it was too late to reserve with another company. I complained to Hotwire and was told that they "rely on the staff of [their] car rental partners" and are "unable to resolve specific issues on behalf of our car rental partners. In other words, the confirmations / contracts you make with Hotwire mean nothing!

Marisa13 Jun 26, 2009

I arranged a pre-paid car rental through Hotwire and National car rental. I received confirmation that the minivan I paid for would hold seven adults and five suitcases. After flying cross country, we were told that to get a vehicle large enough for seven people and five suitcases, we'd have to upgrade from the prepaid reservation, at a cost of $22 a day. Since we had three tired small children and it was VERY hot, we decided not to argue, and paid for the bait and switch operation of Hotwire/National car rental. I'll never use either company again.

Hotwire Vacationspoor service

We booked a vacation pkg for 2 adults with Hotwire Vacations on Dec 4, 2011 for flight, hotel, and car rental from Moncton to Ft. Myers Florida for Jan 18 - Jan 27th and paid in full $2478 CAD the same day. Received an email Dec 8 advising a flight schedule change to our return leg on Jan 27 necessitating an overnight in Toronto (at our additional cost). When we checked in with Air Canada @ Moncton, we were advised the connecting flight to Ft. Myers FL for 8:15PM had been cancelled, and the 'other connecting flight fromToronto departed at 2:45PM'. Since this was 3:00PM Atlantic - we had already missed the connection flight. When Hotwire Vacations was contacted and informed tht no prior notification of this outbound flight change had been received, all we got was a speedy transfer to Air Canada, who re-booked us on a 9PM flight from Toronto to Orlando. When we again called Hotwire Vacations to arrange to revise the car pick-up from Ft. Myers to Orlando, and switch hotels for 1 night, we were told they can do nothing on the same day. We once again had to pay the additional accommodation and car rental cost for this 'failure to communicate;' All subsequent attempts to talk to a Hotwire agent resulted in an immediate disconnection. Once we returned home, we sent an email to Hotwire advising of our disatisfaction and requesting some explanation for leaving us in the dark, and hopefully and offer of reimbursement for our additional costs. We received the standard 'someone will reply within 12-24 hours' response. Well as of Feb 15th, no one from Hotwire has replied, and an additional charge of $434.67 has been processed to our credit card. So far this $2500 all in package has cost us in excess of $3000 without any response from Hotwire. What a HotMess!

• Sm
            smacmurphy Feb 16, 2012

'Thanks for using Hotwire" pretty well sums up the response to our numerous telephone calls. Nothing offered by way of resolution or extended to ensure customer satisfaction.

Hotwirefalse advertising/bad service

I booked a hotel through hotwire last night. They were advertising a 3star hotel that showed a retail price of 113/night for 65 a night. I ended up getting a crappy hotel that I could've booked online directly at the hotel's website for cheaper! I immediately called hotwire to explain what happened and they wouldn't do anything to fix it. The whole point of using them is to get a discount by not seeing the hotel until after you pay for it. Yet, I got no discount, actually paid more, oh and they gave me a smoking room when i'm traveling with my two small children. My call was escalated to a supervisor who also told me the booking was final. When I told him this was false advertising, he basically dared me to prove it by telling me to show him a printout showing that it showed me 113/night on the site. I have that printed which still didn't fix anything. False advertising at its best! I will never use them again, not for myself, or anyone else I book travel for.

• Do
              DownwithHotwire Jun 12, 2012

• Ji
              jill Smith22 Feb 25, 2012

Will never use Hotwire again. They show a 3 1/2 hotel for $74 regularly $174.
              I ended up with a Best Western that I could book on the hotels website for $72. Best Western is not a 3 1/2 star hotel but they rate their hotels by their customers ratings.
              Therefore if their customer rates the Super 8 hightly, that can be considered 5 star.
              What a scam!!! Never again.

Hotwire Research Departmentfailure to guarantee services

I paid Hotwire for reserving me a car in Dallas. As I asked for an upgrade, I was told that I would only pay the difference between what I had already given Hotwire and the total cost of the rental. The two forms of payment were written in the contract. However, the rental company charged my credit card the entire amount. When I complained to hotwire I got this response:
            Dear Bernard,

Thank you for contacting Hotwire Customer Care regarding your travel arrangements on Hotwire Itinerary Number [protected]. I understand you feel you were billed twice for your rental car.
            In order for us to review your situation, your immediate attention is required. Please provide the following documentation:
            - Credit card statements showing the payment to Alamo.
            - A copy of the rental car receipt
            - A copy of this email
            Please fax your documentation to us at [protected] immediately. If you do not have access to a fax machine, please send your documents to:
            Hotwire Research Department
            P.O. Box 22154
            Green Bay, WI 54305
            Please note, we are unable to accept email attachments for review.
            After we complete our review - which may take up to 10 business days - we will notify you of the outcome via email. Please note that we cannot guarantee a specific resolution.
            If we can be of further assistance, please feel free call us directly at 1-866-HOTWIRE [protected]). Thank you again for choosing Hotwire, we appreciate your business!
            Sincerely,
            Krista F.
            Hotwire Customer Care

Although they realized that there could have been the possibility of a double billing, they still affirm that: "we cannot guarantee a specific resolution." Hotwire was happy to take my money over the web, but I would have to fax all the papers to them. What kind of company is it that fails to guarantee that their client would not be billed twice?

• To
                touristforaday Oct 21, 2015

My God! The company is not giving you a false promise. It's just stated as it is for formality or business purpose. Of course, upon its approval you will get your refund. Dont make it a big deal!

Hotwireprice match

I reserved a vehicle from Hotwire on Tuesday January 10. On Wednesday January 11, my friend went directly to Budget and reserved the same vehicle for the same dates for $144.37 less. Wednesday evening, called Hotwire and explained the situation. Trevor said I fell within the 48 hour Price Match Guarantee and send in the paperwork. I offered to email but was told to mail or fax. I faxed the paperwork Thursday morning with my phone number to call.

I received an email back Thursday afternoon stating that I was not eligible for a refund because the document showed a different time. The pickup time showed 4:00pm. Mine said 4:30 pm. But everything else was the same. My friend called Budget and had her pick up changed to 4:30 pm. It was still $144.37 less. I called Hotwire Thursday evening and told them there is no price change and my paperwork shows 4:30pm and I could email to them right away. I was told I could not email and would have to fax or mail it in, but it did not matter because I was beyond the 48 hour time limit. Spoke to 2 supervisors.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but had I mailed this in, I would have been automatically denied because it would have been received beyond the 48 hour time limit regardless. How much more deceitful can this be?

Hotwire.combait and switch pricing scam

I was going to book a full-size car for $37.88 bu the website link appeared to be "broken". So I called the number and gave them the reference id for this price. The guy on the phone said I could book the car at that price and then right before payment said "oh that car is no longer available... you can book the same one for $66 though."

I asked him why the price increased almost 90% during checkout and he said the deals change by the minute and that the $66 was still a very good price and that I should book it. I told him I wanted nothing to do with these bait and switch scams and that I'd never do business with them again. Not out any money but they did waste 45 minutes of my life .

Hotwireripoff even with travel insurance

In mid August 2011, I booked two rooms in Biloxi for Labor Day weekend (September 3-5, 2011). I purchased the Travel Insurance, just in case. We planned to drive from Houston to Biloxi. Tropical Storm Lee hit the New Orleans and Biloxi area that weekend so we were unable to drive there. I turned in a claim to the travel insurance company, Access America. They denied the claim saying this was not covered! I guess that driving through a Tropical Storm to get to the hotel and then spending the weekend in the Tropical Storm isn't a problem. The Hotwire website states that you can purchase travel insurance to cover you in the event of among other things, a natural disaster. I'm out $400+

I have used Hotwire before but won't do it again. The chance to save a little isn't worth it. I found that many hotel websites will give you rates that are only slightly more and you can cancel if needed.

• Ac
                      Access America Help Team Nov 09, 2011

Hi Sharon –

Access America’s Help Team here. We’re sorry to hear about any frustrations you may be experiencing. We’d like to find out more about your case, so please email us your policy number and additional details at [email protected] so we can best assist you.

All the best,
                      Access America Help Team

• Sh
                      Sharon Shumate Nov 08, 2011

Don't EVER use HOTWIRE for your travel bookings!! Do not purchase "Insurance", What a mess Fiasco trying to get a hold of someone to use the insurance in case of EMERGENCY!! Does not work! Rip Off!! Told to call Airlines, Airlines said to get a hold of hotwire. Finally got a Tele# from airlines for Hotwire. Finally got a hold of someone at hotwire. Bottom line SO SORRY! Would I like to book another flight? AAGGHHH!! Frustrating to say the least!! I needed to use said "insurance" I purchased. Hotwire had the gall to ask if I wanted to re-book!?? NEVER purchase the so called "Insurance" RIP OFF! Don't purchase!! Do not use Hotwire!!

• Sh
                      Sharon Shumate Nov 08, 2011

Hotwire RIP-OFF Don't and wont use ever again. I too got the insurance policy in case of need for change. DOES NOT WORK!!! So, I tried using this {insurance} for need Guess what, NO GOOD!! Called airline transferred to another airline then finally got Tele. # for Hotwire. Explained situation and was referred back to airlines! Called Hotwire once again and told them that it originated with them. I purchased through them {Hotwire} Well, "So Sorry" Would I like to book "Purchase" another ticket!!! AAGGHHh !!! NEVER AGAIN !!! Don't EVER fall for the insurance scam. I've told everyone DO NOT USE HOTWIRE!!!

• Aa
                      AAHelpTeam Oct 20, 2011

Hello,

Access America’s Help Team here. We’re sorry that you are unhappy with your travel insurance. While I don't know the full details of your case, what I can tell you is that most of our products that offer trip cancellation coverage provide consumers with coverage for a number of unforeseen situations related to health, environmental, legal and other issues.
                      It’s important to remember that like any other type of insurance, there are terms, conditions and exclusions that affect coverage. You can see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about exclusions and other limitations here: http://bit.ly/azRs8b.

Please contact us if you have any further questions: [email protected]

Hotwirecancellation refusal

I purchased tickets to Cincinnati, OH for the dates of 11/12-11/15/11.

The class I was supposed to attend was cancelled and Hotwire told me that they couldn't cancel the flight - they couldn't issue a credit for the ticket price - and I could not carry a credit to travel at a later date. They also informed me that I was the ONLY person who could travel on this ticket - I couldn't transfer the tickets to even my HUSBAND!!!

Hotwireairlines ticket price assurance guarantee

did my research online fare compare came up brought up many vendors for my choosing each vendor offered price assurance guarantee till the date of travel to ensure you get the lowest price. upon picking one and it happened to be hot wire.com, first question was do you have price assurance guarantee and if i purchase these tickets today and two weeks from now if the price goes down do you guarantee the new price I was told yes I booked it and now they are not honoring what was said it misleads customers into purchasing and the agents barely can speak good english who knows what other lies do they use to lure people in for business.

Hotwire.comtheft

I booked a room with Hotwire but accidentally chose the days the week before my vacation. I checked the confirmation 48 hours after I made the reservation and discovered the error I phoned Hotwire to change the dates. They told me no, that there was nothing they can do "sorry buddy your out 400.00". If I had of called 24 hours after making the reservation they would of been able to help me, but 48 is too long. I am trying to have visa reverse the charges through the resolution centre. I hate Hotwire !!! I would never book so much as a ### through them even if they were the last sit down toilet on earth. HATE!!!

Hotwire.com — unfulfilled promises

Hotwire is the worst! Don't use them ever! I booked a hotel in San Diego and when I got to the hotel...

Hockley

Hotwire5 things hotwire won't tell you

www.5thingshotwirewonttellyou.blog.com/

I purchased two nights at three-star hotel through Hotwire® Hot Rates® on July 2011 Itinerary #[protected]. I checked Hotel.com®, Expedia®, and Orbitz®, and discovered a lower star rating and reviews that were riddled with customer complaints. After checking the hotel location of Google street view, I relized that I had been sold less than a three star hotel. I called Hotwire®’s customer service the issue and asked for a refund. I pointed out the star rating difference and customer complaints from the sites where Hotwire® gets their averages. The customer service representative checked it out and saw that it was different. He and his supervisor refused to refund my money. I made it clear that I wasn’t getting my money’s worth but they still refused to give me fair treatment. I spent an hour and half on the phone hearing each reason given for a refund met with “Hotwire® policy” explanations. I spoke to the supervisor two times. I was polite and reasonable about the complaint and provided proof of the star rating difference. They refused to acknowledge my complaint or aknowledge that I was getting less than I paid for. This is not an isolated complaint see Hotwire® reviews on

Online Travel Site Review and also Hotwire Issues: The Final Verdict

Hotwire® refused a refund, and anything that resembled customer service, so I was forced to keep the inferior hotel. The reviews about the establishment were accurate. This was definitely not a three star existence. But first, as part of an honest review, the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was great and included hot sausage and eggs. The staff at this budget hotel were very friendly.

The reviews warning of a rundown hotel turned out to be correct. Our room smelled so bad that I asked the front desk for an air freshener to make the room bearable. Housekeeping was very friendly and helpful and sprayed the carpet with a deodorizer which improved it somewhat but I would not have been surprised if our room was not cleaned at all before we arrived apart from a change of bed sheets. We found a set of clothes and socks left in the corner by the previous occupants As I noted in the reviews of the hotel, the limited parking lot was shared by the bar next door. We were awakened at three in the morning by two drunks who were pounding on the hotel door across from ours and yelling for them to open up. After a bit they discovered they had the wrong room and wandered up to the next floor. That was our “three star” hotel. We did not let it ruin the trip, but obviously did not feel like we got a fair deal.

On August, 8, Wednesday afternoon I received an email from Hotwire Corporate Customer Care. And I was given….. 30 Hot Dollars, redeemable through Hotwire! It’s quite humorous if you stop and think about it. I suppose they didn’t consider that my reaction isn’t going to be to go back and book another hotel with them after being ripped-off. A “credit” that asks the customer to return to do business where he has been burned is comical. More than likely it is a convenient way for Hotwire to save face without actually doing anything useful. So, it sounds like either way you take it, as customers, we are on our own.

Hotwire.comscrewed me up

I recently was looking for car rates in LAX for 1 week. I had several serch engines running the same dates and times I had entered. Hotwire showed me the best rates and said it was using Alamo, Budget, Enterprise, all respectable companies. I saw the best rate hit book this...said it would not tell me who the company I would be using until reservation was finished. I completed credit card info hit book and saw it was Enterprise (Yeah) great Co. well then looked closer at reservation had dates (1 month later and 1 day longer then my original) dates I had entered that all windows had auto populated. I called Enterprise they said I needed to call Hotwire. I did call reached a rep. named BRANDY and she said she was sorry but she had to cancel this reservation and would refund the $241.00 rate I got. I was very upset that she could not just change the dates and times. She said the funds would be immediately refunded and I would receive confirmation as I did get that while we were on phone. As she is rebooking she says those rates are not showing and it will be $25.00 more, so I very angrily said OK book it as I need to complete this. We review dates and times and she said I'll receive email confirmation, immediatley while we are still on the phone I get that...review dates and times and tell her BRANDY the return time in incorrect, it says 7:00AM and I am returning 7:00PM. She say's ok let me change that right now. I ask will I get another confirmation she say's YES might be 10 min. I thought OK thanks...we hang up I wait another conf. shows up same stuff not time change???? I call back and the call person say's well can't change we will need to cancel this to make the change time. I am livid now and demand they change as the rep made the mistake NOT ME. I ask for supervisor one name Mica get's on the phone she asks me to hold to review the call. I hold I hold I hold...20min. later no Mica. I hang up call back and get put on hold again...no one comes back. 4th time calling I get someone who says let me transfer you to Post-reservation they are the only one's who can change. He says the same thing I can cancel and re-book. I tell him NO WAY am I having you take now $241.00 and $266.00 out of my account and make ANOTHER reservation. He puts me on hold 5 min. comes back says well I can make a RETAIL reservation, refund this one to you and OFFER you $50.00HOT dollars for future. I tell him no thank you I will NEVER use you guys again. I ask for a full refund to cancel he sends this conf. to me. We will see if they refund my $500+ dollars back...!!! NEVER EVER USE THEM!! Horrible horrible.

Hotwire.comdeceiving customer

I had the worst experience with hotwire for a car rental with enterprise company. My husband and I had to fly to seattle, and our flight arrived at 10:30pm. We had scheduled for a car reservation for 10:30pm with enterprise, which is at a off site location. We read everything, everything, I mean everything on all the information sent to us by hotwire before we decided to complete the reservation. After we got off our flight, and finished picking up our luggage, it was 10:57pm, we proceeded to the island to wait for a shuttle to take us to the off site location of enterprise. After waiting for 1 hour to midnight, in the mid 50's weather, no shuttle from enterprise ever came. So, we called enterprise, and they told us, the enterprise off site location close at 11pm. Now, it is midnight, and we just found out we cannot pick up our rental car. We called hotwire immediately because in no-where on our reservation did hotwire say that enterprise closed at 11pm. If we had known the off site counter at enterprise closed at 11pm, we would not have chosen this company, and we would not pay for the reservation. Instead, hotwire claims they have no responsibility to tell us enterprise closed at 11pm.

I don't understand why hotwire feels that they have no responsibility to tell us that enterprise closed at 11pm. Instead, hotwire said we should have known ourselves. So, we called back enterprise to see what they can do to help us, and enterprise tells us that enterprise had always told hotwire that their location at seattle international airport closes at 11pm. So, hotwire is lying, and not admitting they are deceiving customers because hotwire don't want to admit they are at fault.

I am posting this here because I want to make sure this never happens to anyone. I mean, imagine if you are a single mom with a young child or baby, and you found out at midnight standing outside of the airport at the shuttle bus island, and just found out that you now have to wait until the next morning, until 4am to pick up the car.

Just to be clear, enterprise did not wrong us, because enterprise always knew they would close at 11pm, and they sent over this information to hotwire, but hotwire never disclosed this information to us.

So, please anyone, if you ever made a car reservation at hotwire, make sure you call hotwire to find out what time the car company pick up location closes before you decide to pay.

Hotwiredo not complete a hotwire.com transaction

Do not complete a hotwire.com transaction. Hotwire claims that you will get the best price for services that are categorized but not disclosed. Under the false pretense that you will get the best possible price from the best possible provider you may be willing to commit to a non-refundable, non-alterable transaction. Hotwire does not tell you who you are buying services from and any specifics until you commit. In my case the when I was told what I purchased the I realized the services were misrepresented and I had no way of canceling or altering the transaction or getting human interaction from hotwire. Most important, when I got the specifics, wothin minutes I found I was paying a higher price than what the hotel or other sites like Expedia, Travelocity & Orbitz were quoting for the exact same product for the exact same dates. I also realized I could have booked a much better hotel in the same vicinity for less but now committed to the highest price and lower quality product with absolutely no chance of canceling or altering the purchase. Most important, they market their 'double-difference' price guarantee which is non-existent. Within minutes I sent claims through their web system with proof that I paid a significantly higher price. There was no response and when filing a Better Bureau claim they responded that they never got them - although I had the e-mail transactions to prove they did. In summary, you will be paying a higher price for a service provider you do not know and cannot cancel or alter the purchase. The whole thing is a scam. You will do much better booking through a reputable site (Expedia, Orbitz, Travelcity) where you know exactly what you are paying for, you will get an actual price guarantee, and get human interaction and service. This was a $1, 233.00 mistake on my part. Do not let this happen to you.

• Di
                                    di keser Jun 03, 2016

Yes I agree, to date I have had terrific experiences with them, but having found the Westin Bonaventure hotel had been down graded, and has terrible reviews, they are refusing to budge and provide me with a refund. I booked a 4 star hotel, and now I get a 3 1/2 star hotel. So what was a good deal to begin with is now a rotten one (wth bed bugs apparently!). Their customer service department is rude and unhelpful. What can I do to get my money back? Anyone with ideas, please let me know. Thanks Di Melbourne, Australia

• Lo
                                    lol Jun 03, 2016

actually it sounds like it was there just not in a form you wanted it in.

• Valerie Jun 03, 2016

I have been a hotwire customer since they opened for business. Up until this past weekend, I've had no problems with them. This past weekend, I attempted to check in and the hotel had no record of my reservation. They were completely booked and had no room to offer. It was NASCAR weekend, so the whole town was completely booked except for a couple of rooms at $279/night at a Best Western. The hotel said that several people had the same "no reservation" problem all weekend and hotwire had been paying for them to get a room in another hotel and eating the cost. I called Hotwire and told them everything and although they did refund my money for the reservation, they refused to do anything else for me as a result of their incompetence. I was stranded in a city without a place to stay by hotwire. I ended up having to drive 150 miles to find a more reasonably priced place to stay in. I then had to drive the 150 miles back to Dover the next morning. A waste of gas, my time and with much aggravation. I emailed hotwire and got the "sorry, but we cannot do anything else" email. I will never use hotwire again and I am on a crusade to tell everyone else to never use hotwire. Their customer service is non-existent.

• Ar
                                    Arlo Damon Jun 04, 2011

Did you know Expedia owns Hotwire? So much for reputable.

Hotwirebed bugs

I just booked a non refundable hotel on hot wire, where you don't know the name, and when I found out what hotel it was it apparrently has a terrible bed bug problem...suggestions? It is the super 8 in Langley BC and the hot wire reviews are very good...but very misleading

• Re
                                      Really? Jun 11, 2011

How is it misleading? Your complaint doesn't make sense. Are you pre-complaining in anticipation of bed bugs that might not happen?

Hotwirefraud

I called hotwire on my way from cape coral fl, to key west as I was tired and needed cheap sleep for the night. I could not even get any info until she got my credit card info. When I asked her direct questions as "where is said hotel" and "what is the name of hotel" she could not give me a direct answer... I did not accept terms of service and told her to cancel and not charge my card. (And hung up) in reviewing my account today - they charged my card $48.02 for a hotel room I never got. When I called to dispute the charges - they refused to refund my money... Saying "I must have agreed to terms of service"... Even though it said in thier notes that 'client cancelled' - I am disputing the charges, but I am also going to the ends of the earth to let everyone know what a scam comapny they are. Apperently... I am not alone.

Hotwiredeceptive trade practices and poor customer support

Here is the subject of the complaint that I have submitted to hotwire. After two weeks of seeking restitution, I was called this morning and told that nothing further would be done.

I am writing to complain about the above reference booking. I made the booking approximately 15 minutes before arriving at the hotel. When I arrived at the hotel, I was told by the guest clerk, that no reservation for me was found. When I told him that I had booked the room through hotwire, he told me that it usually took about an hour and a half for them to receive a confirmation from hotwire. I told him I had the confirmation on my computer and offered to show him the confirmation he said that wouldn't do any good and that he had to have the confirmation directly from you. I asked if I could check in and check back when he received the confirmation he said that wouldn't work since I might have to pay for the room twice if he never received the confirmation. He suggested I call you to get the confirmation sent sooner. I then called your customer service line. I was on hold waiting for a live customer service representative for at least 15 minutes. When I was finally connected to your representative, I explained my problem.. Your representative explained that she could fax the reservation to the hotel after speaking to the desk clerk. I asked for some monetary compensation for my trouble. I explained that I did not believe the hotel was anywhere near a 2.5 star hotel (You sold it to me as a 2.5 star hotel) and that I thought this was a lousy value (I bought the room for 64 plus tax). She said that she was taking care of my complaint by getting me into the room as soon as possible and that was all she could do. I asked to speak to a manager she said it wouldn't do any good and repeated that she was handling my complaint and basically refused to connect me to a manager. I did then get checked into the hotel. I think I should receive a full refund of my room for several reasons. 1).in this age of computers, there is no reason for not being able to get a confirmation to the hotel as soon as the hotel is made. A delay of an hour and a half to get the confirmation to the hotel is untenable their should have been no need for me to contact customer service to straighten this out, and taking 15 minutes or more to reach a customer service representative is not an acceptable option. 2). The room was sold to me as a 2.5 star hotel. This is frankly unbelievable. Kayak, expedia, and your own website list the hotel as a 2 star.in your explanation of ratings on your website, america's best value inns are listed as example of a chain with 1 star ratings. Priceline list the hotel as 1 star, and the hotel isn't even listed for sale by hotels.com. The hotel was very old and dirty. Near my room there was a hole in the wall with an extension cord running into the hotel from the outside. The beds were saggy and very old. I could give many other reasons that the hotel is not a 2.5 star (You list holiday inn express, la quinta, and hampton inns as examples of 2.5 star chains). Tripadvisor lists the hotel as 25th of 29 hotels in killeen. 3). The booking was not a good value it was not worth 64 (Which is what I paid for the room excluding taxes). Your website's regular listing gives the price of the room as 65 (1 over your hot rates). Expedia lists the hotel at 62.10 which means that I can book the hotel through a regular reservation site for less than your hot rate again, I would request that you give me a full refund. I will be awaiting your prompt response. Jim neal

mark onate Jul 21, 2011

JIM.. YOU ARE A BIG BIG IDIOT!!
                                          HERE'S FOR YOU ..!..
                                          ### YOURSELF MAN!!
                                          IDIOT!

• Zo
                                          zorba Jun 01, 2011

Ditto as the other comments, you get what you pay for ...if you want a 5 star hotel, then pay the 5 star price. hotels are often responsible for the rating as well, not the site. As for the expediency of info via computer, you obviously do not understand the process, and I'm sure there is one. Just because you press one button, does not necessarily mean everything you want is done. You never even asked what the process was, instead wanted some kind of compensation. Perhaps the people who dealt with you should be compensated for their inconvenience as well.