Hotwire / car rental rip off

1 Pittsburgh, PA, United States

I rented a car for pick up July 2nd at 1:00PM and drop off July 6th at 6:00PM. I put in the pick up and drop off times in the drop down menus on Hotwire site. I got a total purchase price of $142.37 and was given Hertz as my car rental company. When I picked the car up Hertz told me I owed an additional $21.28 because they charge by the 24 hrs. I told them I did not agree because I had a TOTAL of $142.37 confirmed by Hotwire. The lady at the desk told me this happens all the time with Hotwire and she is so sick of "them" she then proceeded to tell me that when I contacted Hotwire they will blame Hertz. I told her I rent from Hotwire a lot and have never been charged extra but that it was my first time getting Hertz. She continued to argue with me but I needed the car so I ended the exchange. When I returned the car the lady at the returns told me my extra charges and I told her I did not agree. She told me it was happening to every customer bringing back a car and she felt so bad. She then told me Hotwire should just "take Hertz off the list". If Hertz does not want Hotwire customers I suggest Hotwire do that as well. I feel that Hertz is illegally over charging and making a lot doing so! I would have found a cheaper price once you add in the "extra charge" had I known. I want a refund of $21.28 and I will not feel safe renting from Hotwire again since you do not see the company in advance.

Bm