Hotmail / stolen email account

My email account was stolen and I cannot find any place to report it. I have tried to locate a hotmail complaint or contact address and I have not been able to find one. I have called the FBI and was told to contact my local police dept. and the police dept. told me they did not have the facilities to handle Internet problems.

They told me to contact the nearest KBI Office and I did. Their Investigator was out of the office until next week.

They told me to call the Attorney General's Office. He was out too.

My family and friends are getting emails saying that "I" am stranded in London and for them to send money, $2, 200 by Western Union so I can come home. I have no way of contacting some of them as my only contact was by email and all their addresses went with the stolen account.

I cannot even find a place that I can alert other victims to the Scam that got me.

After much searching over days, I finally found this site and even it may not do me any good, maybe it might help someone else.

The Scam that got me was purported to be from "Hotmail". It said something to the fact that they were up-dating the program and in order to keep from deleting my account, they needed my email data so they could make sure that my account would not be deleted with the other "defunct" accounts.

I gave them the information and the next day when I tried to access my email no matter what I did, I could not get into my email.

Then my cousin called me to find out what was going on and told me she had received an email and its contents.

I, imediately contacted the few people whose email address I knew - to alert them.

There needs to be a place that people can contact to be able to report email scams. Most of the suggestions from Hotmail's information told me to log into my account and go to the help tab, but if your email account is gone, how can you do that? As well as to report the scam and show the proof that disappeared with your email account.

Va
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Ta
      7th of Nov, 2010

My hotmail was stolen, the same as other people on this site. My friends are getting email requesting them to send money. Now I have no access to my account and I lost all my friends addresses. How can I recover those addresses? If, like you say, you will begin charging people for using your service, then I want to close muy account. But before you close itu, I would like to recover all my friends addresses. So please help me recovering them. My new email account: [email protected]

• Ba
      20th of Jun, 2011

My email account has been hacked into and someone is sending emails to my relatives and friends requesting large sums of money. what do I do about it? Please take note of this complaint and try to help me.

• Sm
      28th of Feb, 2011

Respected Sir/Madam,

Sir my Email id and password somone misused i request you sir please give me my id and my password my id is [email protected],
    and i forgotn passwoed my alternate id [email protected] so help me please.. now i have use id temporary [email protected] so please you send me any mail in this id.

Thanking you,

Raza

16th of Oct, 2012

My hotmail is blocked and I can't get the code to unblock it
    My hotmail is blocked and I can't get the code to unblock because it is using a very old email address. It doesn't give me any other options. I have tried resetting my password but it still blocks me. I have also followed the various help links but those lead me back to the blocked account page. Can someone please tell me what to do. Thanks!

• Fi
      12th of Oct, 2009

Dear Sir,
    This is Saleem, My hotmail account was stolen and I cannot find any place to report it. I have tried to open a hotmail complaint or contact address and I have not been able to find one. this is my stolen [email protected] passward is fsearabia.
    sir pls send your comments on my new email id how to open our company hotmail. [email protected]

• Ra
      21st of Nov, 2008

my hotmail been hacked even the secret answer... and my facebook so everything is personal now is being exposed... i really dono how to act cant sent to hotmail from anywhere... i'v sent to facbook admins maybe they would help..

20th of May, 2009

my email account has been hacked into & im unable to access it.
    what can i do

20th of May, 2009

my email account has been hyjacked im unable to access it
    can you please advise

30th of May, 2009

sir, my Account / [email protected] has been hyjacked since long time even i can't open /access it, or some one useing my account, please help me out regarding this and reply me

Thanks & Regards
    Saqib Gulzar
    New e mail
    [email protected]

• As
      31st of May, 2009

Dear Sirs,
    I have received the below email and I wonder is that true
    Please reply to me as oon as possible on [email protected]
    Thanks and regards
    Ashraf

"This is Tara and John, the directors of MSN. We would like to sincerely apologize for the interruption, but msn is closing down. We know many of these messages have been sent out lately, and that they wouldn't be true. However, this one is in fact true, and it will occur soon.
    MSN will begin to charge you money soon. This is due to the fact that too many inconsiderate people are taking up all the names (ie. making up lots of different accounts for just one person). Therefore, we only have 578 names left. If you would like to close your account, DO NOT SEND THIS MESSAGE ON. We would not reccommend this, because if in the future you'd like to use MSN, and you don't send this message on, you will be CHARGED to use MSN monthly. If you would like to keep your account, then SEND THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST. As we said this before, this is no joke, and we will be shutting down the servers. Please send it on. We do not want to be receiving phone calls stating that your MSN will not open, or that you are being charged for using it - because this will be your fauly for not sending it on. The estimated cost for MSN monthly will be about ten dollars CAN.
    SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST. NOW YOU
    KNOW WHAT TO DO.
    ATTENTION. In case you believed this is yet another of those 'prank' MSN shut down emails, go to:
    http://news. bbc.co.uk/ 1/hi/business/ 1189119.stm
    Once you've sent this message to at least 18 contacts, your msn icon will become blue.

Regards,
    Tara and John
    (Directors and Operators of MSN.com, Hotmail, Windows Live Hotmail, etc)"

• Be
      25th of Jan, 2010

My email account was hacked into as well, this guy uses my contacts to send his sales pitch to my friends, then steals their contacts and so forth. What can be done about this?
    In this case none of the email addresses are mine, the "to":[email protected], is not my email, but also hotmail. I keep putting all of them into blocked sender, as none of the virus programmes seem to be abel to stop it.
    But since he is using hotmail: [email protected], maybe hotmail could cancel his free account???
    This is the email:

Hey SECOND‏
    From: Mubarak Jaber ([email protected])
    You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
    Sent: Monday, 25 January 2010 11:43:10 PM
    To: [email protected]

Honorable sir or ms:
    I would like to introduce you a very good company, it can offer you all kinds of electronic products that you may be in need, such as laptops, gps, TV, LCD, cell phones, ps3, MP3/4, motorcycles, etc. There must be something interesting you'd like to purchase .
    website: yyweoh.com
    Email: [email protected]
    MSN: [email protected]
    Thank you and best regards.

• So
      17th of Sep, 2009

Thats 3 messages sent to all my contacts in 3 days. I also can't find anyway of reporting these idiots.

www.somethingdesigner.co.uk
    www.somethingsensual.co.uk
    www.somethingfancy.co.uk

• Gi
      24th of Nov, 2009

My email account [email protected] was stolen and used to send out a message as in your example, from London, , asking for money. I would like to have the account canceled to stop the attempted extortion. My regular email [email protected] Thanks for your resolution to the problem, , , John

• Gi
      24th of Nov, 2009

My [email protected] was stolen and is beingused for extortion. I would llike that email account closed to prevent theextortion. Thank you, John Carre

• Ri
      7th of Jun, 2012

Dear Support,
    My hotmail account i.e [email protected] has been hacked and i am unable to access, you are requested, please reset my [email protected] in my gmail account i.e. [email protected] for start the email corresponding easily.

Your corporation in this regards, will be highly appreciable

S. F. Yousuf

• Br
      20th of Aug, 2011

If you complain to hotmail support the account will be disabled.

• Mo
      24th of Feb, 2010

my e- mail [email protected] stolen. I cannot access it please help

• Mo
      24th of Feb, 2010

my e-mail acc [email protected] stolen Messages sent demanding money please close it immediately

• Ra
      7th of Mar, 2010

My hotmail account [email protected] has just been stolen/hacked as well. They changed everything, my security question and password. They are sending emails requesting money from my contacts.
    I can't find any contact information for hotmail.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    thanks,
    Rainy

• Za
      10th of Mar, 2010

My Hotmail account ([email protected]) has been stolen, I forgotten my pets name even my alternate account ( [email protected] ) has stolen. Please my both account give me back from that guy.
    Please can U contect me at this email address [email protected]

Regard.