Hotmail / stolen email account

My email account was stolen and I cannot find any place to report it. I have tried to locate a hotmail complaint or contact address and I have not been able to find one. I have called the FBI and was told to contact my local police dept. and the police dept. told me they did not have the facilities to handle Internet problems.

They told me to contact the nearest KBI Office and I did. Their Investigator was out of the office until next week.

They told me to call the Attorney General's Office. He was out too.

My family and friends are getting emails saying that "I" am stranded in London and for them to send money, $2, 200 by Western Union so I can come home. I have no way of contacting some of them as my only contact was by email and all their addresses went with the stolen account.

I cannot even find a place that I can alert other victims to the Scam that got me.

After much searching over days, I finally found this site and even it may not do me any good, maybe it might help someone else.

The Scam that got me was purported to be from "Hotmail". It said something to the fact that they were up-dating the program and in order to keep from deleting my account, they needed my email data so they could make sure that my account would not be deleted with the other "defunct" accounts.

I gave them the information and the next day when I tried to access my email no matter what I did, I could not get into my email.

Then my cousin called me to find out what was going on and told me she had received an email and its contents.

I, imediately contacted the few people whose email address I knew - to alert them.

There needs to be a place that people can contact to be able to report email scams. Most of the suggestions from Hotmail's information told me to log into my account and go to the help tab, but if your email account is gone, how can you do that? As well as to report the scam and show the proof that disappeared with your email account.

Va
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• He
      6th of Dec, 2012

Someone sent a virus to my chotmail contacts using my details how ever when i view my send items it shows that i did not send the mail. Now i am being sued. How can i get proof from hotmail that i did not snd the mail?

16th of Oct, 2012

My hotmail is blocked and I can't get the code to unblock it
    My hotmail is blocked and I can't get the code to unblock because it is using a very old email address. It doesn't give me any other options. I have tried resetting my password but it still blocks me. I have also followed the various help links but those lead me back to the blocked account page. Can someone please tell me what to do. Thanks!

• Ri
      7th of Jun, 2012

Dear Support,
    My hotmail account i.e [email protected] has been hacked and i am unable to access, you are requested, please reset my [email protected] in my gmail account i.e. [email protected] for start the email corresponding easily.

Your corporation in this regards, will be highly appreciable

S. F. Yousuf

29th of Nov, 2011

I've my hotmail account and recently it was blocked. My account and password are suppies as below: kindly unblock it. and send me my new password of hotmail account on [email protected]
    my hotmail id: [email protected]
    password:

• Ah
      3rd of Oct, 2011

My email has been hacked [email protected] I have need to email for thing importnint for my job and my fraind & Faimly on the email ..

please help me out regarding this and reply me

Thanks & Regards
    New e mail
    [email protected]

• Br
      20th of Aug, 2011

If you complain to hotmail support the account will be disabled.

• Ra
      20th of Aug, 2011

My hotmail account has just been stolen/hacked as well. They changed everything, my security question and password. They are sending emails requesting money from my contacts.
    I can't find any contact information for hotmail.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    thanks,

• Al
      31st of Jul, 2011

Dear Sir,
    With great sorrow you are treating your customer with great careless. I am an old customer my account in hotmail is [email protected]
    Suddenly I could not enter to my account in spite that my password is still as it is. My password is omar123 and I didn’t changed but you say that some one used my account and changed it. I don’t believe that reason by any way because no one uses my account except myself. Please inform me either to my account [email protected] or [email protected] how to solve this problem. I have very important correspondences I must received. You will be legally responsible about any delay to let me enter to my account. I am a business man and by blocking my account you will cause great loss to me. .
    Thanks in advance.
    Ali Miligi
    Inter. Commercial Consultant

N.B. my account [email protected] was opened since more than ten years ago. Naturally I cant remember the secret question.

• Ka
      3rd of Jul, 2011

I have the same problem. Someone hacked my account and rigth away I changed my password and all worked ok. But then my account was blocked. No further answer. I have not acces to my @hotmail account.
    I know it is a free service and all but there should be an easier way to get your account back specially if we did not do anything wrong: I always kept my account clean, never gave my password away, reported this hacking problem right away. And nothing. And it is bad. Really.

• Da
      30th of Jun, 2011
    Hotmail - account blocked
    MSN
    Florida

As of Tuesday AM my main email address has had access blocked, its Thursday now and 4 days lost with no access to my valuable content.Hotmail has made no effort to contact me about possible resolution of this issue, I've offered may oppurtunities for MSN to contact me and contacted them by phone to learn that a free email address user has no where to turn for help with that company.There has to be recourse for individuals against these heartless corporations

20th of Jun, 2011

My email account has been hacked into and someone is sending emails in my name requesting large sums of money from my relatives and friends. Would it be possible for you to block or cancel my email account, as my password too has also been changed and I cannot even open my email.
    This is urgent and I would be grateful for an early response please

20th of Jun, 2011

My email account has been hacked into and someone is sending emails to my relatives and friends requesting large sums of of money, what do I do about this. Even my password seems to have been changed and I cannot open my email. Please take not of this complaint and let me know what my next step should be

20th of Jun, 2011

My email account has been hacked into and someone is sending emails to my relatives and friends requesting large sums of money. what do I do about it? Please take note of this complaint and try to help me.

• Br
      7th of Jun, 2011

For a few years now I have received various spam purporting to be from a number of friends using hotmail. The most recent and serious is of the kind reported above. ie a request for large amount of money to help said friend abroad after loss of wallet. I have made strenuous attempts to make it clear to hotmail tech support that THEIR SERVERS ARE COMPROMISED. At no time have I received any reasonable request to assist them in tracing the source of these problems. The hacked account holders have been consistently accused by hotmail employees of causing the compromise themselves, this is not the case. In all cases the accounts in question have been immediately disabled without consent of the account holder. Unacceptable! The solution is obvious.

14th of May, 2011

My hotmail ID has been blocked by the Hotmail official. I don't know what was the reason behind. The only message that appears, whenever I login, is that numerous Junk Mails have been sent to other IDs using my Hotmail ID. This is a shocking factor for me, because no such activity has been undertaken.
    Well, now the question is that how can restore my ID. My hotmail If carries some important backup files us well. So anyone who can guide regarding this issue.
    Kind Regards
    Safi

5th of Apr, 2011

someone has been using my email and sending money emails to all my friends their ringing me complaining,
    please could you sort this out, my email is [email protected]
    andrew haines

• Ra
      21st of Mar, 2011

Respected Sir,

Sir my Email id and password someone misused i request you sir please give me my id and my password my id is [email protected],
    and i forgot password my alternate id [email protected] so help me please.. now i have use id temporary [email protected] so please you send me any mail in this id. and please help me my above id for recovering.

Thanking You

21st of Mar, 2011

The same exact thing happened to me i get a message from the hotmail team saying that i needed to update my info or i would lose my hotmail acct. i started to fill the stuff out and got tired and quit half way threw and once morning came i tried to open up my email and it said i was locked out. I tried everything and nothin worked. About a week later one of my friends called saying he got a email from me saying i was in another country and i needed $3, 500 and not to worry and i would explain later. This needs to be stopped !!! MSN and hotmail.com needs to get onboard and fix this problem this is there software and they encouraged us to join.Now when there is a serious problem and this is SERIOUS they have noway to be contacted and we have noway to close or delete our hotmail account. I find this disturbing. Please if anyone has info on how to fix this can you please post.Thank you . One more thing this is crazy we have to reach out to the public for help... Thanks MSN HOTMAIL.

• Po
      3rd of Mar, 2011

You should never depend on a free service whole-heartedly. You should back up your information and keep a side email account for safety. Finally, you should write down your password and keep it at home. I enjoy hotmail, as it has served me well. However, I have back up accounts and any pressing or important information is backed-up and directed to multiple addresses.

"I firmly believe now that there is some kind of criminal conspiracy afoot and that there are actual criminals involved with Hotmail Support."
    You sound like an idiot here. It's a free service. Get over yourself and take some responsibility for your contribution.

• Pu
      2nd of Mar, 2011
    Hotmail - Their Staggeringly Gross Incompetence
    Ireland

The treatment I've got and am still getting from the so-called Hotmail Customer Support is actually making me suicidal!
    A simple temporarily forgotten password has resulted in me being locked out of my very important primary account for 2 weeks, and counting!
    Because my account has been blocked due to too many incorrect passwords being entered, last week, I cannot now login with my now remembered password.
    I have pleaded with them at least a million times to unblock my account so that I may login with my password but they have stubbornly and consistently refused to act!
    By choosing Hotmail in the first place, I am ultimately responsible for the whole Kafkaesque nightmare I now find myself in.
    For two weeks now I've been telling them how vitally important it is that I finally regain access to what is my personal property but I may as well talk to brick walls for all the assistance I've got, to date.
    Their incompetence I've encountered too is truly staggering!
    And I'm no closer to a resolution now than I was a fortnight ago!
    I would sternly advise anyone setting up an email account for the first time to absolutely avoid Hotmail like the plague it is!
    I can guarantee them that they will curse the day they chose Hotmail.
    I've been cursing my choice of email provider for a very long fortnight!