Honda Unicorn / Rear shock absorber

1 Bangalore, MI, United States Review updated:

I purchased unicorn in November 2007 in Saphire Honda, J.P.Nagar, Ban and found problem with the mono suspension.At the time of delivery they said unicorn comes with 1 year warranty. When I reported my problem to them, they repaired it, even for the second time again they repaired it and said if again problem arises it will be replaced, but for the third time they said that suspension is not covered under warranty. I really got tired. Now I am palnning to report this problem to cosumer forum. Its my request to all please dont go for unicorn.

Ra

Comments

Pr
  6th of Oct, 2008

Well there...regarding your problem, Honda gives an Off site warrenty of 2yrs on Mono-Shock & Central console unit so it will be replaced as those parts are still under warrenty
go to your dealer and they will do the need ful, all the warrenty thing is return very cllearly in your service manual plz go through it

Kh
  8th of Oct, 2008

Hi Honda Team,

I have bought a Unicorn, I have never got the service I can expect from a Honda or that is being confirmed by the Company.
I am a resident of Hyderabad, bought my Unicorn at Vizag,
I have had 5 servicings done sofar ona meter of 15000Km,
If there is any body who can get back to me on this, it will be great.

Khalid Khan
Ph- 91 9000585814
Hyderabad

Hs
  17th of Mar, 2009

Sapphire Honda Service center at Jayanagar is not at all good service center. They will speak to you very nicely and do not carryout jobs properly. My friend was used to carry out servicing (Unicorn) at Saphire Honda and in just about three years he had to replace piston and block assembly. This happened last Sunday only. He was used to carry out servicing at regular interval (3 months) and this problem should not occur.

When we investigated further, we found that this problem occur when u do not replace oil properly. We were shocked because we were used to pay approx 225 rs, every three months, to this service center for oil change. I got to know from other local mechanics that the oil was too dirty and it was less in quantity as well. Unicorn requires 1100 ml of oil. So we thought of checking whether they really do servicing properly or not.
I had carried servicing last Saturday only and hence I took my bike to local mechanic and asked him to check the oil level. I was standing there to see oil quality as well. The mechanic told me that i there is very immediate need for changing oil. When I asked him why ? he dropped some drops on my hand and asked me to look at it. It was fully turbid with lots of black particles inside.
I told him that yesterday only i replaced oil and then he was laughing at me because I was fooled by Sapphire Honda service center. They did not replace oil. I would not be surprise if my engine goes for toss as well.
Thus, I am writing this in interest of public that get the oil change done in front of you (if its free servicing). For paid servicing, do not to change the oil and do not pay for that. You can buy the sealed oil and asked him to change in front of you or thro' local mechanic for 10 rs or so. Alternatively, you can change it by yourself as it takes only 20 mins to change the oil.
Regards,

Ga
  2nd of Jul, 2009

Buying Honda Unicorn from Fortune dealers in Hyderabad was the biggest blunder I ever did in life, It just left me with Back and neck pain for rest of the life.

Nearly all of the service centers of honda are wrost in business, they just do a water wash nothing more.
On avg they spend 10-20 minutes on each bike which is not all sufficent, They never do a test ride untill you force them to do for the vechile check up. They are full of words and hopes which they never deliver.

I faced the same rear suspension problem. Service people at Fortune HYD kept saying that they took care of the rear suspension problem but the fact is that they cannot do anything on the rear suspension other than changing the mode from Hard to Soft which any one can do, you need not be a motor mechanic for that.

Service people kept saying they solved the shock problem untill all four free services were done and in the sixth month they tell there is nothing they can do for the shocks and they can not replace the shocks unless there is some oil leak or customer pays for the new one.

They simply kept arguing that shocks does not come into Warranty scope and customer has to buy them, but whats the garuntee that new shocks would be working.

My sincere request to everyone just don't go for the Honda bikes they are not woth buying they are only worth disposing off. There might be very few exampes of

I really pity all those people who went to buy honda bike but ended up buying health problems.

Gautham

Qa
  19th of Aug, 2009

I agree !
Nearly all of the service centers of honda are worst in business, they don't know exactly what the Service manual says.

Ho
  24th of Jul, 2010

Dear sir,
i bought a honda unicorn bike on 19/05/2010.first 10 days riding willbe good, after that noise come from backside, i told the complaint in first service, but problem not solved, After 1 week i went to service centre and told the problem, Engineer ask me give me the bike for one day i solve the problem personely.no problem for 2 days, again same problem, i get very angry, i contact again Engineer he request this is the last chance hereafter the problem never comes but give me 2 days time, i give the bike, again the problem repeted in 5 days.now i am very upset, i dont know what i do.the sound noise is very iritating, mentaly i am very disturbed.please give me the solution.

Thanks,
Viveknath.A
vivekvasan_80@yahoo.in

Ja
  1st of Dec, 2012

Me also facing the isue with monoshock .Within 30 days of buying they rep[laced me the monoshock but the problem is still there.Am suffering from severe back pain due to this issue.

The front brake is also not working well a roaring sound when applying barake.I dont like to go to service center 4th time within this short time(1 and half month of purchase).

My request is to not to go for Honda bikes especially unicorn..!!th worst bike i ever rode.