Honda Financial / Rude & Arrogant Customer Service

1 DONT BUY HONDADONT BUY HONDA, AR, United States Review updated:
Phone: WARNING: HONDA=CROOKS

I have been a loyal Honda customer for many years but after dealing with Honda Financial over the phone recently I am done with Honda. I mailed a payment on time in December 2009 and later Honda Financial started calling my place of employment leaving messages for me. My wife contacted them and the representative said they never received the payment. My wife arranged for a bank draft to make that payment assuming it was "lost in the mail". When we received our February bank statment we noticed that the check dated in December had been cashed by Honda. She called them to try and straighten the matter out and they would not give her any information over the phone without my approval. I found it odd that she was allowed to have my acccount drafted over the phone for the "missing payment" yet they wouldnt even talk to her about the account. I called them in hopes of getting the matter resolved but the lady on the phone wouldnt admit that a mistaked had been made and refused to credit my account for the amount I had overpaid. All I wanted was to have those funds applied to my next months payment but couldnt get her to understand that. She implied that it was our fault for not putting a "stop-payment on the check that was "lost in the mail". After 35 minutes of arguing I gave up and settled for nothing. Lesson learned.

I will NEVER buy another HONDA product as long as I live. I have NEVER missed or even been late on a single payment anywhere and HONDA treats me like a CRIMINAL.

Comments

• Pi
      9th of Mar, 2010

worst customer service ever! We've been late one time and asked for a deferment and was told no. The only time they'll ever give you a deferment is if and i quote " you have a death in the family". What kind of customer service is this. I'm soo tired of dealing with these rude people. BEWARE if you get someone named Karen or Chris on the phone. I asked to speak with a supervisor and they told me, "what's the difference if i speak with a supervisor, the answer is still no"...