Honda / 2008 Accord Coupe / Water Leak--Unsatifactory Customer Service

United States Review updated:
I recently purchased a BRAND NEW 2008 Honda Accord Coupe. I called and complained of a recent WATER LEAK just above my gas, break and clutch pedals. It rained maybe 2-3 days after (a week at the most), and as soon as I got in the car to press the clucth, water came draining down all over both of my pants legs. Water drained down for about 5 minutes!!! I called and complained and I was instructed to take my car to the nearest Honda dealership, being that I bought my car out of town. Well, I contacted the nearest, and the second nearest, and the third nearest... Nobody was able to see me immediately, and not only that, I would have to leave my car and I wasn't even offered a rental or a loaner car!!! WTH!!?? I JUST bought this car! It's not even 30 days old yet!!! So now here it is 2.5 weeks later and my car smells like mildew when you leave the windows up too long. And I was just able to drop it off this morning, and they still couldn't offer me any car to use!! Nevermind MY EVERYDAY LIFE!! I am at a loss; disappointed; pissed to say the least. I either want a new car or some compensation for my troubles! I am having to "catch a ride" with someone b/c HONDA came up short! Not cool!!!

Tee
Te

Comments

Cl
  21st of Aug, 2008
I feel this guys pain. I just bought a new Honda Accord EX V6w/Navigation. It is leaking extremely to much around the doors after a good rain. When I open the doors water splashes out on me and others.

Took car back to the dealership for them to check it out.

Call the Manager and told him if they are not able to find the leak I want a new car. Well, this was their response the car has depreciated since taking it off the lot and i would have to pay $2000 more to get a new one. What are warranties for? A lemon is a lemon no matter whether on or off the lot.

Frustrated, but I did get a loaner, a big Dodge Ram pick-up, that still does change the facts.

Oh well! I will see what happens, I think I will call the headquarters for Honda dealerships.

Honda Motor Logo Honda Motor