Home Shopping Network / won't refund

While taking care of my 88 year old grandmother with dementia, I found all the closets in her house filled with HSN and QVC products. Still in the original packages, with receipts. I have spent months sorting out the mess, and I have to say QVC was a class act, took everything back. HSN on the other hand wouldn't even discuss it, although all of the items are still on their website for full price and they would lose nothing by taking back this junk and reselling it. Instead they have robbed an old woman of her social security checks!

A  28th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
So sorry about this situation with your mother. I am glad you had a good experience with QVC, as mine was terrible. They refused to take back a jacket I bought because it was over 30 days from the date of purchase. They also refused to help me get reimbursed for an AeroBed that was defective. The second time I used it, the valve broke off and would not retain air. I finally sent them back my credit card and I am still fuming. Oh well, live and learn.
A  5th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
HSN is a bully. They bully their customers. QVC is pretty good at helping out when Grandmother goes wild.
A  10th of Jul, 2009 by
I need HSN fax number. Does anyone have it?
What state is their corporate office located in?
please email me mscwolfe@aol.com
D  17th of Nov, 2009 by
I used to work for HSN and, quite frankly, still cannot believe how customers think companies should take back items that were purchased 6 months, 1 year, even 3 years (yes- I had a customer like this) prior. Come on! These companies are running a business. No one conned your loony grandma into purchasing things. I hated the customers that would run up all 20 of their credit cards and then call customer service asking how they are supposed to pay for it... Seriously, no one told you to order a bunch of crap and run up all 20 of your credit cards. If you walked into Wal-mart asking how you are supposed to pay your credit cards that you ran up or return aged items--- they would laugh you out of the store!
D  17th of Nov, 2009 by
I had never purchased anything on HSN before.
Until I purchased a Kodak camera that was false advertised as coming with a lithium rechargeable battery. That statement is what made me purchase the camera.
When the camera arrived, it not only did not come with the rechargeable battery, as the description stated, but Kodak informed me that the model was not even compatible with one. Meaning, I could only use it with 4 AA batteries which only last through about 4 uses. I asked for a refund and never got one until months after I filed a complaint with the better business bureau. I asked in my complaint that HSN be made to take off the false advertising about the camera off their website and last I looked it was still on there and another lady I "met" experienced the same problem I went through.

I will never purchase anything from them again, this was my first, and last experience with them.

It is unreasonable for anyone to conclude that because of this experience I am a "whiner".
People should be forewarned of this. This presented an extreme inconvenience to me which HSN never apologized for.
A  23rd of Nov, 2009 by
you are so right!! hsn is very deceiving, as well as total liars. I could hear the tv from my computer where I was looking into something they were showing on tv & they were actually saying things that were not true according to their own web site. how do they get
away with being thieves? anyone else would be in jail by now. they actually sent me used ( I could tell that it was used already) products. 1/2 empty jars of creams that I immediately returned only to be charged a return s&h fee. I had went through kind of a run with them all at once & could not believe how many problems I had with their items. I could go on & on, until I wised up & stopped stopping with them.

1 HSN Drive