Home Depot / fraud and scam

This is a copy of the e-mail I sent to the Home Depot customer service center. I did get a reply back stateing they would have someone from the store call me, they never did. I remailed them and told them so, they said it would go to corporate now and some one would call me, still no call. I e-mailed them again, no response as of yet. I did try the customer service line since there is no address or phone number for corporate listed anywhere, but I was on hold for 1/2 an hour before hanging up.

I purchased a 10'x10' Princeton shed on 7/22/04. At no time did the salesperson nor the manager who was also assisting me inform me of any additional items that would be needed to complete the construction of the shed. I was informed that the partially assembled shed came in 2 large boxes/crates and would not fit in my small Ford pickup, so I would need it delivered or rent their truck. When the shed was delivered I found that it was 1 package the size of a sheet of plywood about 8? high (It would have fit on my truck).

After spreading half of the unassembled shed across my lawn and started to build it, I learned from the instruction manual that the flooring and roofing materials were not included. I have no problem putting the shed together, that's why I bought a kit and not a prebuilt shed. I do have a problem not being informed by the salesperson and manager that I needed to purchase additional materials. If I had known this at the time of purchase, I would have looked at a prebuilt shed. After paying $700 for the shed, I do not feel it was necessary or right to have to pay $50 for delivery (which I did not need) and another $200+ for flooring and roofing materials (which I should have been told were not included).

This was an extremely inconvenient situation that required additional trips back to the store, interruptions in my construction time, and more money than I wanted to spend. This problem would have been avoided if the salesperson/manager had been more informative. Something needs to be done so that future customers do not have the same situation happen to them.

I am very frustrated with this situation and hope that you can help alleviate this situation. In what way is Home Depot willing to reimburse me for this problem? I buy a lot from your store; feel it to be better than Lowe's, but I have never had the same situation happen to me at Lowe's.

Please feel free to contact me at any time at work 717-***-*** and/or my home at 717-***-*** if you would like to discuss the matter further. I have not gone back to the Home Depot since and the store is less than a mile from my house.

Comments

• Di
      1st of Aug, 2009

Email their president Frank Blake. His meail address is Frank_blake@homedepot.com. Be prepared to get a backlash from employees though if you go their often and they know it is you who filed the complaint.

The employees act like gods. They failed to realize that it is the customers paying their salaries