Home Depot / misrepresentation and false advertising!

1 Canada Review updated:

I purchased a silver birch just under a year ago. I left the tag on the tree so as that it could be identified just in case it didnt grow. Unfortunately it didnt survive. I tried to get a replacement this week May 2007 but was refused because I didnt have the receipt. I would like to point out on the huge signs in the stores it states" All live plants guaranteed for up to one year."Not a mention nor an inkling about keeping the receipt. Not only have they lost a 10,000 dollar a year customer but I will tell this story to everyone I meet.This IS Misrepresentation and False Advertising!!!

Comments

• Da
      13th of Nov, 2007

How would they know its less than a year old without the receipt... every store with that kind of policy will ask for a receipt to confirm purchase date.

• Ca
      17th of Dec, 2008

every store asks for a receipt. you need your receipt because people are dishonest. probably people like you.

• Ld
      24th of Sep, 2009

your complaint is totally unreasonable and in no way is that false advertising and misprepresentaion. for someone who spends 10 000 a year at the same place, you would think that at least once you looked at your receipt and noticed the clause that says a receipt is needed for a return or exchange. i think it is common knowledge that a receipt is often proof of a warranty. you seem uneducated.