Holiday Inn Express — bad business practice
On Tuesday, June 2, 2017 my wife and I were traveling from Phoenix, Arizona to Birmingham, Alabama. Late in the evening we stopped at the Holiday Inn Express in Van Horn, Texas. I requested a non-smoking room for two adults. We were given a room for one night and was quoted a price of $85. (Plus tax I presumed). The accommodations and service were very good. The next morning we checked out.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Van Horn, TX (about 8AM) I was given a receipt and signed the motel's copy and put my copy in my pocket without checking the charges. Down the road my wife asked to see the receipt. After reading it she remarked that I had told her that the charge was $85. But that the receipt indicated that my credit card had been charged $107.
I accept my failure in trusting Holiday Inn and not checking the receipt. However, I also feel that it is bad business to quote a customer one price and then charge his credit card a higher price the next day. You have lost a customer.
Billy Lee Easley
More Holiday Inn Express Complaints & Reviews
- Holiday Inn Express - employee treatment 
- Holiday Inn Priority Club - scam 
- Holiday Inn Express - reservations 
- Holiday Inn Express - car broken into in parking lot, no help from management/corporate 
- Holiday Inn Express - overcharged/ripped off 
- Holiday Inn Express - cancellation refund policy 
- Holiday Inn Express - charged after I cancelled reservation 
- Holiday INN - reward points 
- Holiday Inn/ C&W BBQ - rude employees
- Holiday INN - room