HHgregg / price guarantee

1 Orlando, FL, United States

HHGregg just opened stores in the Orlando area. THIS IS A WARNING TO PEOPLE IN THE ORLANDO AREA. I have not done business with this company for many years. When we moved to Bloomington, IN., we bought all of our major appliances from them, using checks. We made many purchases from them during the next 10 years or so, using checks for all purchases. The checks had our local Bloomington address on them, although the bank was out of state. They always considered the checks as local because they had our local address. We then went to buy a VHS video recorder which was on sale. They were out of that model, so the clerk got the next higher model which we were to get at the same price (their policy at the time). When we went to pay for it at checkout, the clerk would not accept the check, considering it to be out of town. We called the manager, who also refused the check. Since we had previously given MANY checks there, it was obvious that the reason for rejecting the check was really that they did not want to honor their announced policy because it would have resulted in a loss for them. I wrote corporate headquarters and never heard from them. I never did any business with them after that incident and will not do business with them because of their dishonest action.